Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood Profits

Planned Parenthood Profits

Just for John:

Since 1987, PPFA has reported a total of $8,350,300,000 of income with $2,947,000,000 coming from clinic income (36%), $2,709,300,000 coming from government grants and contracts (32%), and 2,244,500,000 coming from private contributions (27%).

That is 8.35 Billion

http://www.all.org/stopp/04gstack.pdf

Re: Planned Parenthood Profits

Originally posted by LHardy
    Just for John:

Since 1987, PPFA has reported a total of $8,350,300,000 of income with $2,947,000,000 coming from clinic income (36%), $2,709,300,000 coming from government grants and contracts (32%), and 2,244,500,000 coming from private contributions (27%).

That is 8.35 Billion

http://www.all.org/stopp/04gstack.pdf
    Income is not the same as profit.

Re: Re: Planned Parenthood Profits

Originally posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    BINGO!

This is lame, even for LHardy.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Re: Re: Planned Parenthood Profits

Originally posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    No Kidding.

Then why do you post just over 8 billion dollars in INCOME as proof of billions of dollars in PROFIT?

Talking

Originally posted by WestSideJohn
    Then why do you post just over 8 billion dollars in INCOME as proof of billions of dollars in PROFIT?
    I think it's because it is not dishonest if you do it for a good reason. :-)

I have a theory... he's testing my resolve in my new endeavor to not call other posters "idiots."

Perhaps LHardy will clear the mystery up by explaining how gross income figures prove a net profit.

I have a theory... he's testing my resolve in my new endeavor to not call other posters "idiots."

Perhaps LHardy will clear the mystery up by explaining how gross income figures prove a net profit.

Don't think you will get one. The modus operandi is toss in the rumor and immediately move on to the next subject.

moonshine
    Maybe Bush should declare a "War on Pregnancy".

Imagine the money to be made by well connected corporations able to air-drop condoms, diaphrams, and "Just Say No to Sex" pamphlets via helicopter over the ghetto. A war on pregnancy might polarize the catholic vote and keep these neocons in power for another 4 years

Moon, I know you're kidding but just so you know:

The Bush administration has shifted ALL family planning funding to programs that deal with abstinence only, instead of those that combine abstinence with harm-reduction (i.e. condoms and reducing the risk of pregnancy and/or STD). The problem here is that abstinence-only programs are proven to be between 7 and 13% less effective at preventing pregnancy than combination programs. So we're paying the same amount of money and getting a less effective program.

If the Bush administration was serious about reducing abortions and not just posturing, this wouldn't have happened.

I should have also mentioned that Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization. According to its own web site, it is "Supported by diverse sources

Financial support for Planned Parenthood comes from many sources, including individual contributors, corporations, foundations, and the government. Affiliate activities are supported by private contributions, patient fees, government grants, and reimbursement from insurance companies, HMOs, and other health plans."

It is illegal to solicit contributions from private persons, corporations and foundations as a non-profit and then keep that money as profit for "owners or investors" of which there are none.

Hmm. Odd.

LHardy started a brand new thread this morning, and replied to Biker's GM thread... yet he hasn't explained to us exactly how gross income figures prove net profit. Oh well, the waiting game continues...

Hmm. Odd.

LHardy started a brand new thread this morning, and replied to Biker's GM thread... yet he hasn't explained to us exactly how gross income figures prove net profit. Oh well, the waiting game continues...
    That's a Neo-Con tactic called "Firebombing."

Slander someone or something then quickly move on to another topic.

Originally posted by moonshine
    Maybe Bush should declare a "War on Pregnancy".

A war on pregnancy might polarize the catholic vote and keep these neocons in power for another 4 years
    Thats what the war on gays is doing.
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Originally posted by mikewrona
    I should have also mentioned that Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization. According to its own web site, it is "Supported by diverse sources

Financial support for Planned Parenthood comes from many sources, including individual contributors, corporations, foundations, and the government. Affiliate activities are supported by private contributions, patient fees, government grants, and reimbursement from insurance companies, HMOs, and other health plans."

It is illegal to solicit contributions from private persons, corporations and foundations as a non-profit and then keep that money as profit for "owners or investors" of which there are none.
    Oh..so it's illegal for them to solicit contributions?
    So why do they lobby congress to steal money from the taxpayer to pay for their "non-profit organization"
    Sounds like their making profit at the taxpayer's expense.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information