Thread: There he goes again

There he goes again

Health care reform's employer mandate has been delayed once again, this time for businesses with 50 to 99 employees -- inspiring a chorus of criticism from some business groups and from conservative political quarters.

The Obama administration last year delayed implementation of the employer mandate until 2015. Under that provision of the Affordable Care Act, businesses with more than 50 employees must either provide insurance to their workers or pay a financial penalty.

On Monday, the Treasury Department announced the employer mandate would be delayed until 2016 for businesses with under 100 employees. Employers of this size will have to file reports to the government about their insurance coverage, but they won't face any financial penalties for non-coverage until 2016.

Republicans and some business groups said the Obama administration's selective delay of the employer mandate shows that the law in its current form is unworkable. House Republican leaders said health care reform's individual mandate needs to be delayed as well

"Once again, the president is giving a break to corporations while individuals and families are still stuck under the mandates of his health care law," said House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio. "And, once again, the president is rewriting law on a whim.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...16.html?page=2
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Charlies Krauthammer said it best:

Krauthammer on Obamacare employer mandate delay: “This is stuff you do in a banana republic”

But generally speaking you get past the next election by changing your policies, by announcing new initiatives, but not by wantonly changing the law lawlessly. This is stuff you do in a banana republic. It’s as if the law is simply a blackboard on which Obama writes any number he wants, any delay he wants, and any provision.

It’s now reached a point where it is so endemic that nobody even notices or complains. I think if the complaints had started with the first arbitrary changes — and these are are not adjustments or transitions. These are political decisions to minimize the impact leading up to an election. And it’s changing the law in a way that you are not allowed to do.
    http://therightscoop.com/krauthammer...nana-republic/
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

It's ok Frank, if you like your current healthcare plan, you can keep it!

Some empty suit promised me that.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Thread Information