Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's listening to Tom B and Satish

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Who's listening to Tom B and Satish

Anyone else listening to Satish on WBEN?

He makes some valid points.

I can now see why amherst employees are not happy. They have a boss now. Will make a very fine example for the rest of the towns in the area.

I'm trying to keep my nose out of the Amherst business and threads.

Who'da thunk that suburban politics would've generated more heat than City Shenanigans.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Like biker I don't normally mess with the Amherst threads. Though I do like what I hear from Satish.

WBEN

Right now I am listening to XM radio. No commercials, Beach, Bauerle, Hunter etc. I pay 12.95 a month and it's well worth the price not to have to listen to the rabble rousers.
    dono

Originally posted by LHardy
    Like biker I don't normally mess with the Amherst threads. Though I do like what I hear from Satish.
    I found it interesting that he wants to start doing performance reviews. I'm sure employees will tell either that is already done or it somehow violates the current union contracts. But he's doing exactly what a good boss does -- trying to figure out who is pulling his/her weight. Good for him.

Isn't it a scary thought that they might not be getting performance reviews?

I understand that there are no annual reviews at UAW shops. They aren't necessary, as every hourly worker is paid the same, after probation.

Couple that with the jobs bank (i.e., no layoffs) and you have a complete divorce between the worker, his personal performance, the health of the company and what that worker makes.

I wonder if this helps or hurts GM and Ford.

And the City unions are trying to create exactly the same situation via lawsuits.

Originally posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I found it interesting that he wants to start doing performance reviews. I'm sure employees will tell either that is already done or it somehow violates the current union contracts. But he's doing exactly what a good boss does -- trying to figure out who is pulling his/her weight. Good for him.
    I understand every Dept. Head has his/her own file where they keep track of employees, good, bad. If things get bad with an employee, a procedure is in place, called civil service law.

Mohan is being disingenuous about the files cleaned out of his office. My wife is friends with a woman who personally helped package, box ALL the files to deliver to the archive center. This is routine for all depts at the end of each year. He doesn't take advice or info from anyone; he should have asked.

Originally posted by etc
    [Mohan is being disingenuous about the files cleaned out of his office. My wife is friends with a woman who personally helped package, box ALL the files to deliver to the archive center. This is routine for all depts at the end of each year. He doesn't take advice or info from anyone; he should have asked. [/B]
    And the Personnel files are in the PERSONNEL OFFICE!!!

DUH!!!!!

As I said earlier, I'm really trying to stay out of Amherst business.

Without knowing the personalities involved, this outsider is having difficulty believing that a guy who:
    +Has a PhD
    +In engineering
    +is older and, in my book, wiser
    +is excelling in a country not of his birth
    +won an election

is dumb enough to make anti-Semitic remarks in Amherst, breaks appointments with department heads and doesn't ask questions of existing staff.

Just doesn't wash.

Originally posted by biker
    As I said earlier, I'm really trying to stay out of Amherst business.

Without knowing the personalities involved, this outsider is having difficulty believing that a guy who:
    +Has a PhD
    +In engineering
    +is older and, in my book, wiser
    +is excelling in a country not of his birth
    +won an election

is dumb enough to make anti-Semitic remarks in Amherst, breaks appointments with department heads and doesn't ask questions of existing staff.

Just doesn't wash.
    It doesn't wash, biker, because (as much as I hate to say it) you are a rational, intelligent being. That is not allowed on Amherst threads. But (and again it pains me) I agree with your comments.

Did Mohan have ANYTHING good to say about the Town today?

Originally posted by left wing
    Did Mohan have ANYTHING good to say about the Town today?
    Define Good..... I listened to it.
    To the average taxpayer it sounded good. Someone who has some knowledge of Civil Service Law, would have thought otherwise. I imagine he does have some good ideas. I just wish he would talk to the Personnel Director and listen to what he has to say about how the best way is to go about getting his ideas implimented. It's obvious that he NEVER asked anyone about the files....DUH Wouldn't you ?

Employee Evaluations are a good thing. Opens up a dialog between the employee and the Supervisor. As long as it is done right.

I heard someone call in and inform him that one of the things he wants to do, which is not pay an employee who is being disciplined, (i.e. Canna) is against Civil Service Law. He said that he would have to look into that. Seems to me that we have been around this block a couple of times and after he has been told numerous times, he can't stop payment til it is finished. And he has a PhD....DUH

And he said the Town employees have to smarten up, yeah,right!
    For a 'BOSS' to say something like that on public radio, would really make me want to give 100% ! It will be an interesting 4 years. This will continue to be the talk (laugh) of Western New York.

There maybe a few employees who have an opinion of Supervisor Mohan, others that have been trying to give him time to see how he is, probably have just joined the others after hearing the comment that they have to smarten up. They probably didn't even know they were dumb !

Originally posted by Smiley
    Define Good..... I listened to it.
    To the average taxpayer it sounded good. Someone who has some knowledge of Civil Service Law, would have thought otherwise. I imagine he does have some good ideas. I just wish he would talk to the Personnel Director and listen to what he has to say about how the best way is to go about getting his ideas implimented. It's obvious that he NEVER asked anyone about the files....DUH Wouldn't you ?

Employee Evaluations are a good thing. Opens up a dialog between the employee and the Supervisor. As long as it is done right.

I heard someone call in and inform him that one of the things he wants to do, which is not pay an employee who is being disciplined, (i.e. Canna) is against Civil Service Law. He said that he would have to look into that. Seems to me that we have been around this block a couple of times and after he has been told numerous times, he can't stop payment til it is finished. And he has a PhD....DUH

And he said the Town employees have to smarten up, yeah,right!
    For a 'BOSS' to say something like that on public radio, would really make me want to give 100% ! It will be an interesting 4 years. This will continue to be the talk (laugh) of Western New York.
    Oh smiley. No one is laughing -- except some very bitter employees and their unions. Trust me on this. You are not regarded as the good guys. Which is too bad, as I'm sure many of you are. But, boy oh boy, that is not public impression you are making.

I do not believe most of the employees would be so bitter, if the "us vs them" mentality would cease. Also, misinformation in regard to contract benefits and other issues continue to be said over the airways. I wish the talk show host would have asked Dr. Mohan about his salary and benefit package at UB. According to one caller (from Hamburg?) stated that his salary was approx. $185000 and can buy back 200 days of sick time as well as health insurance upon retirement. Pretty good if that is true considering his statements about CSEA where these public employees do not receive health insurance at retirement and can "buy back" 33 sick days (towards health insurance) are far less than he receives. Communication is the primary concern in any business and when a CEO or head of management continues to not schedule, cancel or show up for meetings with department heads and union leaders does not bode well for cooperation. There are many things that could use some positive change, but without understanding how each department operates as well as actual contractual obligations, I believe that it is too early to have a postive dialogue for change.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information