Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asleep behind the wheel...

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Asleep behind the wheel...

mikewrona
    How about a do nothing job like Nancy Naples got for $127,000.
    State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles.

She'll be on the job for only 11 months.

She goes in knowing nothing about the job, and by the time she learns something, she'll leave.

The Republicans pass out big money jobs like it's excess government cheese.

Ironic isn't it.

TimeOut Chair

Re: Asleep behind the wheel...

rez'll hate me for this but its best to get the info straight from the horse's mouth.

--------------------------
    GOVERNOR NOMINATES NANCY A. NAPLES TO BE COMMISSIONER OF THE NYS DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES

Governor George E. Pataki today announced that he has nominated Nancy A. Naples of Hamburg, Erie County, to be the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Ms. Naples will serve as Acting Commissioner pending State Senate approval of her nomination.

“Nancy Naples has a broad and distinguished record of success in both the public and private sectors, and she will be an outstanding addition to our administration,” Governor Pataki said. “Her financial and management expertise, along with her long-standing commitment to public service, will be valuable assets at the Department of Motor Vehicles. I am pleased she has agreed to extend her career in public service, and look forward to working with her to continue to improve services for all New Yorkers.”

Ms. Naples served as Erie County Comptroller from 1994 through 2005, overseeing a $1.1 billion budget for New York’s second largest county. During her tenure, she implemented a number of initiatives, including a comprehensive cash management program, that generated strong returns on investments and provided significant taxpayer savings.

Previous to her election as Comptroller, she served as vice president of Finance and Operations to Joseph J. Naples & Associates, a surety bonds, workers’ compensation and insurance agency in Buffalo serving more than 2,000 individual and corporate clients. As part of her duties at the firm, she helped design and implement computer systems that automated accounting, financial reporting, and customer services.

She also has worked as Vice President of the Corporate Systems Division for Merrill Lynch & Co., in New York City and as an Assistant Vice President of the Trust and Investment Division of Chemical Bank in New York City.

Ms. Naples is the past-president of the Roswell Park Foundation Board and a founding member of the Roswell Park Alliance. She also has served as a member of the board of trustees for Canisius College and Nardin Academy in Buffalo, and is an ex-officio Director of the Buffalo Fine Arts Academy/Albright Know Art Gallery.

She was the first woman President of the One Hundred Club of Buffalo and Western New York – an organization that assist families of public servants killed or injured in the line of duty of our armed forces. Ms. Naples also served on the Executive Committee of the New York State Division for Women WNY Advisory Council, and is a member of the western New York Chapter of the Business and Professional Women USA.

A graduate of Marymount College in Tarrytown, Ms. Naples earned her MBA from Pace University in New York City.

She is married to Thomas H. O’Neill, Jr.
    -----------

TimeOut Chair
    could be worse, naples could have won the congressional seat and she'd be a lawmaker of nys like what brian higgins is not doing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't hate you.

Your post was fine because the ENTIRE post had to do with a patronage position. Where is the link to the source though?

Re: Re: Asleep behind the wheel...

Originally posted by woodstock
    rez'll hate me for this but its best to get the info straight from the horse's mouth.

--------------------------
    GOVERNOR NOMINATES NANCY A. NAPLES TO BE COMMISSIONER OF THE NYS DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES

Governor George E. Pataki today announced that he has nominated Nancy A. Naples of Hamburg, Erie County, to be the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Ms. Naples will serve as Acting Commissioner pending State Senate approval of her nomination.

“Nancy Naples has a broad and distinguished record of success in both the public and private sectors, and she will be an outstanding addition to our administration,” Governor Pataki said. “Her financial and management expertise, along with her long-standing commitment to public service, will be valuable assets at the Department of Motor Vehicles. I am pleased she has agreed to extend her career in public service, and look forward to working with her to continue to improve services for all New Yorkers.”

Ms. Naples served as Erie County Comptroller from 1994 through 2005, overseeing a $1.1 billion budget for New York’s second largest county. During her tenure, she implemented a number of initiatives, including a comprehensive cash management program, that generated strong returns on investments and provided significant taxpayer savings.

Previous to her election as Comptroller, she served as vice president of Finance and Operations to Joseph J. Naples & Associates, a surety bonds, workers’ compensation and insurance agency in Buffalo serving more than 2,000 individual and corporate clients. As part of her duties at the firm, she helped design and implement computer systems that automated accounting, financial reporting, and customer services.

She also has worked as Vice President of the Corporate Systems Division for Merrill Lynch & Co., in New York City and as an Assistant Vice President of the Trust and Investment Division of Chemical Bank in New York City.

Ms. Naples is the past-president of the Roswell Park Foundation Board and a founding member of the Roswell Park Alliance. She also has served as a member of the board of trustees for Canisius College and Nardin Academy in Buffalo, and is an ex-officio Director of the Buffalo Fine Arts Academy/Albright Know Art Gallery.

She was the first woman President of the One Hundred Club of Buffalo and Western New York – an organization that assist families of public servants killed or injured in the line of duty of our armed forces. Ms. Naples also served on the Executive Committee of the New York State Division for Women WNY Advisory Council, and is a member of the western New York Chapter of the Business and Professional Women USA.

A graduate of Marymount College in Tarrytown, Ms. Naples earned her MBA from Pace University in New York City.

She is married to Thomas H. O’Neill, Jr.
    -----------
    Hate you for posting this? No way, Jose. It's perfect. But here is why: The previous posts told us what the story was about, so when we -- or me, anyway -- read your post, the spin was obvious. And talk about funny!!!!

Kudos woodstock.

TimeOut Chair
    Originally posted by WNYresident
    I don't hate you.
    its hard to tell when walking on eggshells around you.

TimeOut Chair

Re: Re: Re: Asleep behind the wheel...

Originally posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Hate you for posting this? No way, Jose. It's perfect.
    Kudos woodstock.
    thank you but rez already answered for himself.

Unregistered

Walking on eggshells

Woodstock, you really aught to find out what that really means, before you use that phrase

TimeOut Chair

BACK TO TOPIC so ppl dont complain about me again

back to the conversation of naples' patronage position. who thinks she would have made a better congresswoman than brian higgins being congressman?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    nope.. not at all. Even though she had no power to stop giambra and the irresponsible legislature, she just stood by while it happened.

Notice the only time she made a stink about it was when the stink could of helped her campaign for congress? She should of been commited to her position as comptroller instead of running for a higher office when the budget was getting out of hand.

Isn't the county comptroller somewhat like the Chief finacial officer of company?

It's funny, it's almost like she didn't want to rock the county boat until the rocking could of helped her move up to a higher office. I may be seeing this all wrong but that's what it look like from here.

Originally posted by WNYresident
    nope.. not at all. Even though she had no power to stop giambra and the irresponsible legislature, she just stood by while it happened.

Notice the only time she made a stink about it was when the stink could of helped her campaign for congress? She should of been commited to her position as comptroller instead of running for a higher office when the budget was getting out of hand.

Isn't the county comptroller somewhat like the Chief finacial officer of company?

It's funny, it's almost like she didn't want to rock the county boat until the rocking could of helped her move up to a higher office. I may be seeing this all wrong but that's what it look like from here.
    Actually I have to take issue with this characterization and not just because I am a card carrying Republican (a real one not like Giambra or Pataki). Naples did everything that she was empowered to do under the Erie County Charter about the half decade long budget debacle. The problem is no one listened and those of us that did and also sounded sirens were drowned out by the cheerleaders and the sound bite syncophants. I also believe that part of the deafness is attributable to Buffalo being a one newspaper town. Hopefully with electronic technology alternates like this site will rise to help spread the word of alternate thought.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Unregistered
    Election year seems to be the time they're all crawling out from under the wood pile.

They're tripping over each other trying to get to the podium first.

TimeOut Chair

you shouldn't ask question if you fear my reply

naples did everything she could in warning of the fiscal mess going back as far back as 2001. she seen it then and was ignored by the county exectutive and the legislature until the upset of 2005. the media's demise of the county crisis put her at fault when exsessive county spending was at the fault of the legislature that kept passing whatever giambra wanted.

good for nancy in landing a better career move. her resume speaks for itself from the press release i previously posted.

dtwarren we must have been posting at the same time.

TimeOut Chair
    Originally posted by dtwarren
    I also believe that part of the deafness is attributable to Buffalo being a one newspaper town.
    not to mention the 3 media news channels who only put on television what they are allowed to.

Unregistered
    I read all those memo's she sent to Giambra warning him of the crisis ahead.

They were on her county website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information