Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obamacare may prompt people to work less

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    get health insurance that is decoupled from my employer and still pay a group like rate.
    Yes, that would be nice if that was true though Jeff.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Yes, that would be nice if that was true though Jeff.
    Except that it is true. Believe me. I have shopped for insurance before and after the ACA. Before, family coverage was around $2500 - $3000 /month. Platnium aca plans are $1500/month.

If people would bother to look through the politics, they would see the benefits of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Except that it is true. Believe me. I have shopped for insurance before and after the ACA. Before, family coverage was around $2500 - $3000 /month. Platnium aca plans are $1500/month.

If people would bother to look through the politics, they would see the benefits of this.
    Deductibles the same in your comparison? What I mean though is that price cannot stay the say, the system, as it is right now, cannot sustain it.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

A person shouldn't NEED medical insurance to pay for simple procedures.

Medical care has become something only the rich can afford
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Deductibles the same in your comparison? What I mean though is that price cannot stay the say, the system, as it is right now, cannot sustain it.
    Yes. Same deductibles.

Also, yes, the prices cannot be maintained. Either health professionals/companies need to make less money, or everyone else needs to make more.

The numbers are in and there is no denying it. The bulk of people signing up for Obamacare are getting put on medicaid. That isnt even debatable as the most rosey numbers being put out accept this fact. Once on medicaid they will be told that working will put them in a paid plan. Why work, especially if your skill set is such that any job you get will only equal (at best) all the benifits you get not to work.

I sighted two real world examples and those examples are being talked around and ignored. So far the only responce is, "your a racsist" and "what if". I would enjoy a healthy debate on the two real world examples I have given vs this drifting off into "what if" and "I feel" territory.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    The numbers are in and there is no denying it. The bulk of people signing up for Obamacare are getting put on medicaid. That isnt even debatable as the most rosey numbers being put out accept this fact. Once on medicaid they will be told that working will put them in a paid plan. Why work, especially if your skill set is such that any job you get will only equal (at best) all the benifits you get not to work.

I sighted two real world examples and those examples are being talked around and ignored. So far the only responce is, "your a racsist" and "what if". I would enjoy a healthy debate on the two real world examples I have given vs this drifting off into "what if" and "I feel" territory.
    ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion Overview

Let's take a quick look at how ObamaCare's Medicaid expansion and how it affects American families.

• Medicaid is a joint federal and state funded program that provides health care for over 60 million low income Americans

• Every State as of 2013 has different eligibility requirements based on income, age, gender, dependents, and other specific requirements.

• In 2014 State's that expand Medicaid will increase eligibility levels to 138% of the Federal Poverty Line ($23,550 for a family of four).

• Expansion "covers the gap" between those who qualify for Medicaid and those who qualify for subsidies through the health insurance marketplace.

how many people would medicaid expansion cover• About half of the uninsured in America would be covered by Medicaid Expansion.

• Since every State covers those who have no income, expansion would almost exclusively be covering the working poor and their families.
    http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacares...-expansion.php

You mean this was planned?! Outrage!!

I say

...... and the answer is a link to a sight called obamacarefacts.org ??????

Really ??????

The level of intelligence has seriously dropped around here *sigh*
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information