Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liquor license notification waiver

Liquor license notification waiver

How often does the town board waive the 30 day notification for a liquor license? Is it a normal practice?

Georgia L Schlager

I guess if the president of the USA can change any law on a whim these democratic peons can follow suit?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

After googling "Town of Lancaster 30 day notification", I found several past results. Dunn tire raceway, Rose Garden bar and Al- E-oops. SO, I guess there is a precedent for these waivers.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    After googling "Town of Lancaster 30 day notification", I found several past results. Dunn tire raceway, Rose Garden bar and Al- E-oops. SO, I guess there is a precedent for these waivers.
    What is the purpose of the 30 day delay? Inspection, background check or something of that order? If that is done properly, no need to further a delay.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Why does a place that already serves liquor need a new license ?

The waiver allows them to side step the rules - nice to have friends in high places.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

What bothers most is that I have "waiver" spelled wrong in the title and am unable to correct it.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    What bothers most is that I have "waiver" spelled wrong in the title and am unable to correct it.
    hahaha .... we are not trusted.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It is fixed

From NY website.

Just a renewal, but the 30 day notice is ABC law, so don't know how the village can wave a state law, but who knows.

ATTENTION

• APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR A NEW ON-PREMISES ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE LICENSE
    • LICENSEES APPLYING TO RENEW AN ON-PREMISES ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE LICENSE

NEW STANDARDIZED FORMS FOR NOTICE TO LOCAL MUNICIPALITIES AND COMMUNITY BOARDS

The Alcoholic Beverage Control Law requires that, in connection with the submission of certain types of on premises alcoholic beverage applications to the State Liquor Authority, the new applicant (or the licensee-applicant in the case of a renewal) must provide a 30-day advance notice to the Local Municipality or Community Board that such an application is being submitted.

The 30-day advance notice requirement is intended to provide Local Municipalities and Community Boards with an opportunity to make their views known to the State Liquor Authority.

Recent legislation directed the State Liquor Authority to develop standardized forms by which a new applicant (or licensee-applicant in the case of a renewal) may provide notice to the Local Municipality or Community Board that an alcoholic beverage license will be applied for.

USE OF THE NEW FORMS IS MANDATORY.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE NEW FORMS BE USED, FULLY COMPLETED, AND PROMPTLY MAILED.

A new applicant’s (or a renewal applicant’s) failure to use and fully complete the appropriate standardized form will result in significant delay in the issuance of the applied-for license.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It is fixed
    Thanks

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Why does a place that already serves liquor need a new license ?

The waiver allows them to side step the rules - nice to have friends in high places.
    it was formerly Shaky's restaurant and bar. Was this old place closed for awhile? Mooneys IV is a new place

Georgia L Schlager

New place, new license
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Its not a "New Place or use" - The 30-day advance notice requirement is intended to provide Local Municipalities and Community Boards with an opportunity to make their views known to the State Liquor Authority.

Shouldn't there also be a sort of public input opportunity ?

Is there any provision for a person or group to open a business without the required license and then get waivers so they don't have to comply with the rules?

"Recent legislation directed the State Liquor Authority to develop standardized forms by which a new applicant (or licensee-applicant in the case of a renewal) may provide notice to the Local Municipality or Community Board that an alcoholic beverage license will be applied for.

USE OF THE NEW FORMS IS MANDATORY.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE NEW FORMS BE USED, FULLY COMPLETED, AND PROMPTLY MAILED.

A new applicant’s (or a renewal applicant’s) failure to use and fully complete the appropriate standardized form will result in significant delay in the issuance of the applied-for license."

So, even though people and government agencies want a fair and standardized system - the locals can just begin operations - have associates get needed licenses and permits later or just waive them all together ?

Oh, I forgot - this is Lancaster !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh, I forgot - this is Lancaster !
    What do you mean by that?

Are the people who run the business part of the Erie County Democratic Party?

standard practice

FYI: It Is standard practice to request a waiver from the 30 day review period since the liquor license process is already so extended. I am not aware of any requests that have been refused and I know many operators throughout the county who have liquor in their establishments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information