Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liquor license notification waiver

Thanks for the laugh - " It Is standard practice to request a waiver from the 30 day review period"

Its also standard practice for well connected Lawyers, Developers and Politicians to bend and break rules - I guess in their worlds its just "Standard Practice"

When you get local politicians to help change zonings and rezone rezones - ignore code infractions - fill and bulldoze wetlands - our rules and laws don't matter much.

This is just another example of insider collusion.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cipolla View Post
    FYI: It Is standard practice to request a waiver from the 30 day review period since the liquor license process is already so extended. I am not aware of any requests that have been refused and I know many operators throughout the county who have liquor in their establishments.
    Joe,

So if you know the ropes you can actually operate a bar without a liquor license for up to 30 days with an approved waiver?

I do not think he is saying that RES. One can get the license faster, I believe that is what he is saying.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

to be clear:

the SLA (state liquor authority) review is thorough and lengthy and includes background and financial investigation, prior history and experience, and in-person interviews. The public can mail comments throughout the process. The 30 day waiver simply allows the SLA to commence their review sooner. Most affected business owners will tell you the process is very intrusive and takes too long.

I remember back in the day when I was eight. The liquor license for my parents' bar had to be in my mother's name because my dad had a record.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cipolla View Post
    the SLA (state liquor authority) review is thorough and lengthy and includes background and financial investigation, prior history and experience, and in-person interviews. The public can mail comments throughout the process. The 30 day waiver simply allows the SLA to commence their review sooner. Most affected business owners will tell you the process is very intrusive and takes too long.
    Rightfully so, they are selling a product that destroys way too many lives, they better be responsible people.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

This process like so many other standards were created for a reason - they help weed out unwanted potential bar owners. Some for criminal pasts - some for other reasons including possible inability to pay their bills.

Some people see the cash flow in bars as a great way to beat the system. Form a Corp - buy a shut down bar - get a license and you got a money trough.

Some people also have political connections who help them skate by things like building equipment requirements - code violations and even safety events that actually had the past owner shut down.

Its all about the money - yes people can send letters to the SLA - if they are aware of such events - but when public input is limited or absent - wheres the input ? The owners haven't even been made public yet - it just started serving food and liquor.

But Mr.C is correct - developers and investors look at the guidelines, rules and codes as a waste of their time. That's why he himself and his company has successfully received more rezones - zoning exceptions - wetlands filling approvals - and so on - more than any other developer in this area.

Is it because of Political ties - is it because money spent on campaigns - is it because control of Conservative endorsements - is it because of favor for favors - all of the above !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information