several suggestions have come up about how, why and where politcal press release should be on this MB. taken from a different thread to talk about here.

However, I must tell you: Those press releases really do give me a headache. And for that reason, I think my post, while seeming to be objectionable to you, served a significant purpose for me:
To express that those posts literally give me a headache.
those are reality and those are what they are really saying. if there are really that offensive then put me on your ignor list cuz im not going to stop posting what the pols are saying to feed to the ppl /in general not jusy you/ that want to be sheltered by ignorance. its simple, dont read it if its that bad.

The speak out section of the board specifically states "Local issues which may not be politically based", so someone asking about finding a cat (locally) is fair game. The cheektowaga section of the board will remain under used as long as we put cheektowaga info in other place of the board.
there is a reason for dropping press releases on that board cuz in maintaining a variety, it adds mix to what ppl are speaking out here on. by posting a press release its my way of speaking out on a forum of the same name.

it was suggested to me that a press release forum be created and without saying who it was, this was my reply:

by doing that it'll be secluding the pols info to one forum that ppl like you wont go to. (i meant ppl like you in the sense that you said you dont read that stuff) the variety of ppl's opinion and pols press releases makes for a good mix of what all ppl are saying/reading on the boards.

the olny difference in having all of it in one forum is to prevent what the pols are really saying from just what ppl think. by secluding it all into one place it will be feeding to keeping ppl ignorant to reality.

if ppl are complaining that they dont like realding it, they by sectioning it off it is making more room for more ignorance instead of just saying "if you dont like to read it... then skip over it"

if there is to be a forum for it all then you have to think for yourself in what that would mean on a site, that is all about making the pols accountable. to do that there needs to be atleast some level of self-educating cuz ppl complain about something w/o knowing what it really is.

i dont like the idea of its own forum and those are the reason why. if ppl dont like reading then tell them to put me on ignor so they dont have to see it, but to section it off into its own forum is feeding to the ignorance cuz the posts i do make contain accurate substance - even if it is what the pols are saying.

if there is a rift of members complaining about, what is the big deal if its on speakout here or a diffrent forum if only to prevent truth and reality to ppl other than the members who dont care to read it?

i think these press releases are an important part of bringing stuff to the table instead of just the sheltered level of ignorance. I know i keep using that word, but it is to meant in the unknowledged form. if posting a legislative agenda shows how things are up on a legislative level then what harm can come if to just let ppl know this is how its done.

im rattling on but with good points. someone once told me that internet writing has to be put at a level no higher than third grade reading. which i beleive is true cuz so many ppl complain about the length of a press release. this might be the reasoning behind bikers thread of the language spelling and grammar, to sustain a higher level of intellegence /if i read it right/?

my recommendations is dont seclude accurate info to a place where ppl wont see it cuz a select few dont care to read it. overall pol press releases and legislative agendas give the MB charater and more to go on than just what ppl think. thank you for your time. please contain any replies to press releases and not the person creating this thread.

ps. the two quotes used are only a generalization and not intended as the basis of the thread cuz others have made similar suggestions.