Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian, Brain, Brian. Vhat the Vacker?

Brian, Brain, Brian. Vhat the Vacker?

For a man that just had such successful negociations with NYPA. Getting sooooo much money for the area and leaving so much on the table. Are you already a Washington Wig? To the point that we are to believe you knew nothing about the German Wacker deal?
    You will check into that with the Gov. right away? Won't you Brain?

On the inside and didn't know a thing?
    Brain you knew. Didn't you? You just failed to act. Again.

I'd love to know what really happened there. The outcome is a disgrace, if you ask me.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We got one of the largest batteries in NYS, the niagara damm and they can't find this company enough juice? BUT they will be able to find it somewhere else in NYS?

What bs

Why would he? Isn't that more towards Tom Reynolds and Louise Slaughter's neck of the woods?
    What was their take on it?
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Originally posted by WNYresident
    We got one of the largest batteries in NYS, the niagara damm and they can't find this company enough juice? BUT they will be able to find it somewhere else in NYS?

What bs

Your right about that. But what were really the chances of them coming here in the first place.
    Lets see. Go to a place where we have to put our plant on a brownfield thats possibly contaminated and could open us up to all kinds of lawsuits down the road.
    Or go some where where the plant will be put on uncontaminated soil.

Hummmm.......
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    THe land is already ruined so it won't get any worse now will it? WHy contaminate clean land

It's not about contaminating clean land. No matter what you are going to build there you may run into added costs to bring the soil up to standards.
    It's just not a good investment to build your facility on a toxic wasteland.

The land would be the problem of the owner period. Cheap electric was the first hurdle and Brain couldn't get us across.
    He was in specific negociations with the NYPA. He claimed glory when he came out. Only to leave millions on the table. Slaughter and Renolds, if it is their districts now why not then as well?
    Brain knew coming out of those talks a month ago this was in the works. Citymouse for you to give him a pass on this show extreme party loyalty to a fool. This guy is a hack! Two major failures and he will be promoted or re-elected.
    My grandmother can make better deals then this guy.

I find it hard to believe that Higgins didn't know about this. However, I'm not sure if there was much Higgins or the other US reps could have done about it. While the feds have a say in the renewal of the NYPA's license, it's Pataki and the Albany crowd who dole out the actual kilowatts, and much of that is committed downstate to lower consumers' electric bills a few dollars a year. If the power generated at the Niagara Power Project were kept in WNY, we'd probably have the lowest power rates in the country.

It just proves once again that WNY is Albany's redheaded stepchild.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

I never heard that one before, Linda.

I think the Redhead Anti-Defamation League will be contacting you soon.

Especially as their headquarters is over in Jamestown.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

LOL -
    Yeah, I thought we where their b-ahtch!

It is Patacki and NYS who must deal for the power. The problem is if that is the case why did Higgins get all the credit for brokering the deal NY just signed for the next 50 years?
    We can not let him have his cake and eat it too. (cliche' I know)

Re: Brian, Brain, Brian. Vhat the Vacker?

Originally posted by LHardy
    On the inside and didn't know a thing?
    Brain you knew. Didn't you? You just failed to act. Again.
    To say this entire fiasco sickens me is an understatement.

The first major high-tech outfit in NF since, oh heck, I can't even recall and they piss this one away over something as silly as electricity.

A privately owned company wanted to move in NF because of cheap power and Higgins screwed the pooch.

All the f'ing money the state throws at IBM to stay in Fishkill and we can't even get a decent employer in Niagara County because of power issues...incredible....

Anybody have an idea what IBM's paying for electric in the Fishkill Poughkeepsie area?

And while I'm at it, where was Mr. Reynolds on this one? He's all over the news about losing Delphi and nothing to be said over this? Please.

did anyone see Mark Schroeder on the news? reporter asked HIM what went wrong and why didn't WNY delegation speak up at the State level to voice an opinion for the region...he gave a skirmish smile, shrugged and said "yes, i probably could have done more" ...arggg, go figure

I've been feeling this way for a long time: our delegates are AFRAID to rock Albany's boat...All of our delegates - ALL- go to Albany and sit quietly and go along with the flow while bowing down to Silver, Bruno & Patacki (and throwing up their arms "what can WE do?")

Patacki wants the power for NYC

Originally posted by buffy

Patacki wants the power for NYC
    I don't agree with that. He's got to deal with where the raw power lies, though.

What we need to come to as voters is the same realization and join with Central New York and the North Country to gain some leverage (remember, they were trying to stroke a new power deal somewhere up around Watertown.).

If that's a non-starter, let's resurrect the Breslin/Mailer idea.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Originally posted by LHardy
    The land would be the problem of the owner period. Cheap electric was the first hurdle and Brain couldn't get us across.
    He was in specific negociations with the NYPA. He claimed glory when he came out. Only to leave millions on the table. Slaughter and Renolds, if it is their districts now why not then as well?
    Brain knew coming out of those talks a month ago this was in the works. Citymouse for you to give him a pass on this show extreme party loyalty to a fool. This guy is a hack! Two major failures and he will be promoted or re-elected.
    My grandmother can make better deals then this guy.
    I can't see how you can put this all on him. It isn't his district yet because he did manage to get a fair deal from the power authority for municipalities that are primarily in his district you act as if he controls all aspects of what the power authority does.
    He does not have the leverage to set the terms the power authority uses when it deals with a specific entity trying to purchase power. It's simply not in the scope of his congressional responsibility. Granted if it is his district it is something he should be interested in, and try to influence. But it isn't.
    On the other hand the federal re-licensing is something that is a part of his congressional responsabilities and he stepped up to the plate.
    Blaming him because the power authority and it's pupetters in Albany failed to hook this fish is completley out of order. It simply a case of you trying to put the blame on a politician you don't support and obviously indicative of your intention to support what ever scrificial lamb the Republicans choose to place on the ballot in November.
    I consider the 27th district very fortunate to have Higgins. It could have been much worse. If his opponent would have succeded we would have a do nothing rubberstamp for the Republicans. As it is we have to suffer eleven months of her at the DMV. Her reward for being a party stalwart.
    Talk about a hack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information