MAKING MINORITY PARTY ASSIGNMENTS TO COMMITTEES FOR THE 109TH CONGRESS -- (Senate - January 18, 2006)

--- Mr. REID. Mr. President, I have a resolution at the desk. I ask for its consideration.

The PRESIDING OFFICER (Mr. Coburn). The clerk will report.

The assistant legislative clerk read as follows:

A resolution (S. Res. 348) making minority party assignments to certain Senate committees for the 109th Congress.

There being no objection, the Senate proceeded to consider the resolution.

Mr. REID. Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent that the resolution be agreed to, the motion to reconsider be laid on the table, and there be no intervening action.

The PRESIDING OFFICER. Without objection, so ordered.

The resolution (S. Res. 348) was agreed to as follows:

Resolved, that notwithstanding the provisions of Rule XXV, the following shall constitute the minority party's membership on the following standing committees for the 109th Congress, or until their successors are chosen:

Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs: Mr. Sarbanes (Ranking Member), Mr. Dodd, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Reed, Mr. Schumer, Mr. Bayh, Mr. Carper, Ms. Stabenow, and Mr. Menendez.

Committee on Energy and Natural Resources: Mr. Bingaman (Ranking Member), Mr. Akaka, Mr. Dorgan, Mr. Wyden, Mr. Johnson, Ms. Landrieu, Mrs. Feinstein, Ms. Cantwell, Mr. Salazar, and Mr. Menendez.

Special Committee on Aging: Mr. Kohl (Ranking Member), Mr. Jeffords, Mr. Wyden, Mrs. Lincoln, Mr. Bayh, Mr. Carper, Mr. Nelson of Florida, Mrs. Clinton, and Mr. Salazar.

Committee on the Budget: Mr. Conrad (Ranking Member), Mr. Sarbanes, Mrs. Murray, Mr. Wyden, Mr. Feingold, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Byrd, Mr. Nelson of Florida, Ms. Stabenow, and Mr. Menendez.

Select Committee on Ethics: Mr. Johnson (Vice Chairman), Mr. Pryor and Mr. Salazar.

Select Committee on Intelligence: Mr. Rockefeller (Vice Chairman), Mr. Levin, Mrs. Feinstein, Mr. Wyden, Mr. Bayh, Ms. Mikulski, and Mr. Feingold.

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator from Alaska is recognized.

Ms. MURKOWSKI. Mr. President, I suggest the absence of a quorum.

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The clerk will call the roll.

The assistant legislative clerk proceeded to call the roll.

Mr. LAUTENBERG. Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent that the order for the quorum call be rescinded.

The PRESIDING OFFICER. Without objection, it is so ordered.