Thread: Hey WNY, how does it feel

Hey WNY, how does it feel

Hey everybody, how does it feel to know that our great waterfront attraction, the Commercial Slip, is an open sewer. Higgins was in town to announce the tinkling away of $17 mil to clean up the mess that should've been done first. Only in WNY do the "leaders" create attractions that spew raw sewage and then figure out what to do next to fix the smelly mess they created. And all the local suspects were there to trumpet this as some type of success!! Higgins also announced the 4th of July fireworks at the waterfront will be "lean and muscular". Now just exactly what the hell does that mean when it comes to fireworks? Does anyone have the first freakin' clue (other than Higgins who seems blissfully ignorant of how silly he really sounds most of the time.)

Gotta link?

Lean and muscular? Maybe there gonna have a bunch of DHS cronies there to make sure everyone doesnt smoke outside, and remains sober.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

A link? To what? Am I the only one still reading the News? Maybe I am! Based on recent data I'm still the only one watching Ch. 2 too. Oh well. I just think that the open sewer as metaphor for Higgins and WNY "progress" is perfect. He was a manifest incompetent in the Assembly and was the laughing stock of the WNY delegation. In true WNY tradition he rode his incompetence to higher office in Congress. And we can't figure out what the problem is in WNY? He touts that he came from a family of bricklayers and he continues that family tradition in elective office. The man is an incompetent joke which explains why our media fawn over him a la "six sigma" who can't get out of his own way but the media love him nonetheless.

I take back all I said. I finally realized that, in keeping with historical accuracy, we should be celebrating the raw sewage. Remember a couple of years ago when Donn Esmonde of the News was wetting the bed at night because there was talk of eliminating those stone walls they uncovered? Well, the original canal was a 400 mile walking path for mules taking a dump every couple of miles. And the canal boats? What do you suppose was done with the "by-product" of the riders? Over the side it went into the canal. So, in order to ensure "historical accuracy", we should celebrate the floating reminders of a time gone by. Perhaps, instead of spending the $17 mil, to clean up the Commercial Slip, the useless Higgins and Esmonde would like to schedule a "breathe-in" of the auroma they've advocated for and helped to create.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I take back all I said. I finally realized that, in keeping with historical accuracy, we should be celebrating the raw sewage. Remember a couple of years ago when Donn Esmonde of the News was wetting the bed at night because there was talk of eliminating those stone walls they uncovered? Well, the original canal was a 400 mile walking path for mules taking a dump every couple of miles. And the canal boats? What do you suppose was done with the "by-product" of the riders? Over the side it went into the canal. So, in order to ensure "historical accuracy", we should celebrate the floating reminders of a time gone by. Perhaps, instead of spending the $17 mil, to clean up the Commercial Slip, the useless Higgins and Esmonde would like to schedule a "breathe-in" of the auroma they've advocated for and helped to create.
    *High Five!* Love this post! Hey, maybe Tim Tielmann can help them unearth some 180 year old mule turds to float in the water too! Oh, but only after he had some UB M.U.P. program interns help him to individually scrub each separate unearthed turd so that it can resemble the shiny-- and "historically accurate"-- pieces of excrement of days gone by.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1 View Post
    *High Five!* Love this post! Hey, maybe Tim Tielmann can help them unearth some 180 year old mule turds to float in the water too! Oh, but only after he had some UB M.U.P. program interns help him to individually scrub each separate unearthed turd so that it can resemble the shiny-- and "historically accurate"-- pieces of excrement of days gone by.
    move over Disney,, Buffalo will attract the tourist dollar!!!

!

Buffalo is a sewer, and has been one for many, many years.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

NY is a sewer

Only place in the world that consumer fireworks are considered explosives
    The sky is my canvas

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Simoneit View Post
    Only place in the world that consumer fireworks are considered explosives
    That is dumb.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So NYS is the only state where fireworks are illegal?

http://www.usfireworks.biz/legal/ny.htm

No. Each state has different guidelines.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Thread Information