Thread: To Make a community library

Tony Fracasso - Admin

To Make a community library

Go read this first

Here's a thought. Why not make a web based lending database for these reading rooms? I know we can do it. I got connections.

Print a sticker for each book with an ID code and have an ID code card for each lender. Would be a piece of cake to make a webpage for people to see what books are available. Reports to see what it out and a little email reminder to bring the books back.

And if you never bring the books back we'll have a wall of shame of how many books you never brought back to the community reading room.

Have a online rating system. If you read the book you can give it a 1 to 5 stars.

Start an email club of all the reading room card carrying members.

We'll call it readupwny.com.

That would be a fun project to work on. Anything to make the kids smarter.

And if there's already a group that promotes reading get them involved. It's always better to build on something successful than try to re-invent something that already works.

TimeOut Chair
    Here's a thought. Why not make a web based lending database for these reading rooms? I know we can do it. I got connections.

Print a sticker for each book with an ID code and have an ID code card for each lender.
    what do you think our county library tax dollars are paying for? its the same system the county libraries uses, only in this case we're paying the same amount as last year in taxes but having ppl volunteer to work that our taxes are supposed to do. the city lost 1/2 their branches but volunteer work is okay at the same tax rate as last year?

i cant believe so many ppl are blinded by this form of

never mind ive said too much already

Don't forget town taxes. Anyone see the nice sign on Harlem Road about the library being open on Sunday thanks to the town of Cheektowaga? I'll be nice and guess they didn't have room on the sign to thank us taxpayers.
    Linda
    ==========================

I don't want to move, I want to make a difference.

WNYr SEZ:
    Why not connect the so called "reading room" Libraries to the B&ECPL Data base...it's already bought and paid for???

BF

Thread Information