Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you feel riots on our horizon?

So you feel riots on our horizon?

Given the budget deficits, and the the fact that taxes are going to increase into double digits next year, the lack of decent paying jobs acrossed the state, do you feel were headed for riots? Maybe not the sort of california riots, but homeowners finally putting their foot down?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Given the budget deficits, and the the fact that taxes are going to increase into double digits next year, the lack of decent paying jobs acrossed the state, do you feel were headed for riots? Maybe not the sort of california riots, but homeowners finally putting their foot down?
    No. People are too lazy.

What do homeowners, per se, have to complain about anyways? That they may have stupidly paid too much for a house or that they're way over leveraged? I'm missing the point here.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

There is, I'm afraid, a very plausible scenario for civil unrest.

Creation of trillions in new money leads to hyperinflation.

That leads to price controls.

That creates shortages.

Shortages lead to riots.

Riots to martial law.

Americans in my view WILL NOT tolerate martial law.

Civil war breaks out.

I say it privately and publicly. The tea party movement is the "good cop" in all this, showing the peaceful way toward change.

You don't want to see the bad cop.

who knows?

I saw a guy with a masters degree the other day on the news applying for a job as a hotel busboy.

I think things are a lot worse now then we percieve. A lot of ecomomic indicators IMHO are being artificially inflated......
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke View Post
    No. People are too lazy.

What do homeowners, per se, have to complain about anyways? That they may have stupidly paid too much for a house or that they're way over leveraged? I'm missing the point here.
    Overleveraged or over taxed? their comes a point, when you can only cut so much before it starts cuttinginto your REAL assets.. Like the home you have almost paid off and sopent your enttire life working on.

Sure, your young Duke, but when you have DECADES into a home, that is ALMOST or IS paid off, and the state, county. town wants to tax you to the point where you can no long afford to live there SOLEY due to taxes, you honestly, logically, beleive that people are NOT going to fight back? Being one of the more 'educated' folk around here, If you think people arnt going to fight back and fight for what is rightfully theirs yet being forcefully removed due to excess taxes based on out of control spending (going to act like truthdetector and brandon here) you MUST be high.

If your talking about those middle to upper middle class suburban folks then I have to go along with what raoul said. I mean no offence to anyone but IMO in large numbers those people dont have it in them for serious violent revolution.

Now I know a lot of the founding fathers came from well to do back grounds, buts lets be bruttaly honest here. The average Joe beer gut has gotten soft.

Those folks should already be pissed..... Masters degree working as a busboy? Dude I would have burned down City Hall already.

I think it could happen but not untill it hits the folks with a history of angry violant protest. Those Blue collar union guys and gals, those people drawing goverment bennys that live in rough nieghborhoods, Goverment blue collar unions etc etc

Until those people get all worked up I doubt anything will happen of substance.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Gotta kinda go with Steven and Duke on this one......

The MAJORITY of people are soft and don't have it in them to put forth the effort for a serious revolt. We'll get "small pockets of resistence", but not an effective sustained "revolt".

After the "red budget/green budget" fiasco in Erie County I learned government has the ability to have their way with us and we'll just bend over and take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    Gotta kinda go with Steven and Duke on this one......

The MAJORITY of people are soft and don't have it in them to put forth the effort for a serious revolt. We'll get "small pockets of resistence", but not an effective sustained "revolt".
    That will just make them easy pickins for the rest of us.

Sure, I believe it. And I figure the government believes it too. That's why they're trying to sneak in all the new gun control laws. They want the public disarmed as much as possible for what's coming.

And what's so hard to believe about people finally fighting back? Once you're taxed out of your home and property (that you spent decades working to pay for) - where else you gonna go? (I've always said that the people really don't own their home and property anyway. The government owns everything, and you pay them only for the illusion of ownership. Its actually the world's best and greatest scam.)

People may be 'soft' now, but being homeless and starving will soon correct that. People have been killing other people over food, water, and shelter since the beginning of time. It's nature's way - and I think it'll have no problem making a come-back in the future.

From another thread that kind of emphasizes the point I am trying to make,

Quote Originally Posted by Truthdetector View Post
    In the last couple of decades, massive meatpacking plants in Garden City have drawn workers from Southeast Asia and Somalia.

You can smell the major industry of Garden City before you actually reach it and the stockyards that feed the meatpacking plants have their own unmistakable odor.

After high school, Cruz worked one year in the meatpacking plant and that one year was enough for him. But he says Somalis, and many southeast Asians come to the area for the steady work, and a steady paycheck -- even if the work is tough.

"Very dangerous, long hours," he says. "I am grateful that they do that work. Now, I know why my dad said stay in school, you know."
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62614

Thats what I mean by soft. You want revolution? Cruz the educated aint gonna give it to you.

Now those Somalias and S.E. Asians? Theres the hard folk that can deliver

We will back into unrest. It won't be by design.

Once it starts, it will escalate and no one can know how it will end, whether with a free republic or totaliatrian dictatorship.

Again, the tea party movement is a peaceful, civilized way to avoid all that.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke View Post
    No. People are too lazy.
    I have to agree. people talk stuff, but don't walk their talk.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

If life in America literally turns to hell, I can see some rioting but for the most part? Nothing.
    We've become too "domesticated";Used to believing & obeying orders from our authority figures & media not to mention the "fear factor" in which what crowds CAN get organized to riot will QUICKLY be "shut up" by the military, National Guard and maybe some Blackwater scum and REPEATEDLY BROADCAST ON ALL NATIONAL NEWS CHANNELS so Americans will say to themselves & each other, "no way do I want THAT to happen to me!"

That's how fascism works, make a VIOLENT example of a few to control the many.

If the U.S.' torture program had kept going, it would have eventually-Don't know when, but EVENTUALLY tortured critics of the President & his policies (no matter who's in charge).

By no means am I calling DECENT Americans "cowards";Fear is a potent control mechanism and rioting Americans shot down by very well-armed troops would be PLENTY OF "shock and awe" to make the rest of us behave and forget about running into the streets to riot/protest.

As a people, most of us have become too docile;EASILY manipulated in America and this includes most gun owners.

Just being honest. This post has ZIP to do with "cowardice" and EVERYTHING to do with how well the American people have been CONDITIONED to O-B-E-Y and FEAR.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

You folks do have a point. When Katrina hit and the order was given to remove firearms from those who stayed, no one really resisted.

Swat teams, armed to the teeth went door to door, breaking in if need be, and removing the weapons. Citizens, for whatever reason obediently handed over all their guns to authorities.

It was quite appalling that my fellow americans would just hand over their property to another who is wearing a 'badge' without demanding payment for such item, especially when no crime was comitted by the citizen.

I find it rather disturbing that my fellow citizen lacks the balls to stand up to those who wish to 'keep the power'

I feel it would only take about 1/2 the population to stand up to an out of control govt in order to overtake that govt entity. Hell they wouldnt even need to be heavily armed, just persistant.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    You folks do have a point. When Katrina hit and the order was given to remove firearms from those who stayed, no one really resisted.

Swat teams, armed to the teeth went door to door, breaking in if need be, and removing the weapons. Citizens, for whatever reason obediently handed over all their guns to authorities.

It was quite appalling that my fellow americans would just hand over their property to another who is wearing a 'badge' without demanding payment for such item, especially when no crime was comitted by the citizen.

A TON of the "law enforcement" involved in post-Katrina New Orleans were SCUMMY Blackwater mercenaries, armed to the teeth, the same phlegm who are STILL operating in Iraq despite the Iraqi govt wanting these butchers OUT, the SAME mercenaries who WOULD join our police (unless looking after family & selves), military and National Guard if martial law were ever declared in the United States.

I find it rather disturbing that my fellow citizen lacks the balls to stand up to those who wish to 'keep the power'

Think of how some farm animals were BEFORE they became domesticated;Most were failry tough or fighters who could defend themselves and/or sometimes evade predators.
    In fact compare the fattened farm turkey to Wild turkeys who are leaner & tougher than the inbred turkeys we eat.
    Rabbits compared to hares? Hares are lean, fast and survivors.

Americans and most western peoples have become VERY DOMESTICATED and VERY OBEDIENT just like most domesticated animals and sad an analogy as that IS, it is also TRUE.
    Most of us would just "lie down before authority/the farmer because we've been conditioned to do so and people can deny this truism till they're blue in the face-Most of us ARE conformists regardless if we believe ourselves to be "independent thinkers" or not.

I feel it would only take about 1/2 the population to stand up to an out of control govt in order to overtake that govt entity. Hell they wouldnt even need to be heavily armed, just persistant.
    We would be MOWED DOWN like grass before a lawn mower.
    "They" continually do drills for every conceivable scenario in addition to their HUGE arsenal of lethal and non-lethal (microwave guns for ex) at "their" disposal.
    WE
    WOULD
    NEVER
    WIN
    OR TRIUMPH
    IN A "REVOLUTION."

That's not a "loser's" viewpoint, its the raw truth.

What? March right into the "law's" gunfire like the British troops used to do in battle (see the movie 'Barry Lyndon').
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information