Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts of WNY Restaurants

I heard Chefs has the bread ovens from Manganos. Is that what you where refering to?
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Originally posted by citymouse
    I heard Chefs has the bread ovens from Manganos. Is that what you where refering to?
    Maybe that as well, but an older gentleman, last name Mangano, bakes the bread, unless he no longer does....

The Apple Grove Inn located in Medina is now called the Apple Orchard Inn:

http://www.apple-orchardinn.com/

Originally posted by wheresthesun
    Maybe that as well, but an older gentleman, last name Mangano, bakes the bread, unless he no longer does....
    I checked, he does. The ovens are Mangano's and Mr. Mangano still bakes the bread. Yummy!

Originally posted by Pauldo
    The Apple Grove Inn located in Medina is now called the Apple Orchard Inn:

http://www.apple-orchardinn.com/
    Thanks for the website. Did you see they offer mule-driven packet boat dinners on the Erie Canal?

This sounds like one cool place.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

TimeOut Chair
    for those in south buffalo Doctor's pizza has become a ghost of wny as well. its like they pulled out over night.

The Plaza group upped the rent on Doctor's Pizza from $3000 to $5000 per month. Sean Doctor offered to buy the building, but they wanted $450,000. The pizza bar's last night was January 1 and they ripped everything out the next day.
    Molly McGuire's will soon follow suit. But there have been rumors about that place closing since it opened.

Before the Anchor Bar made chicken wings the rage, there was a place on the east side called WINGS 'N THINGS back in the late 1950's.

TimeOut Chair
    Originally posted by Dino330
    The Plaza group upped the rent on Doctor's Pizza from $3000 to $5000 per month. Sean Doctor offered to buy the building, but they wanted $450,000. The pizza bar's last night was January 1 and they ripped everything out the next day.
    Molly McGuire's will soon follow suit. But there have been rumors about that place closing since it opened.
    thanks dino thats the same story i heard about doctors.

I heard it too. I saw the trucks and wondered what was up. They carried everything out. Ovens, range hoods, everything.
    I heard he put it in storage and is considering finding a new location , but is in no hurry.
    Meanwhile Kevin Gould is reopening the Golf Club in the next week or so. He put a ton of work in the place. I stopped tp check it out last week and it looks pretty nice. He will certainley benifit from Doctors and Molly's demise. One of Sean Doctors bartenders told me he will now work for Kevin.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Yeah the golf bar is now to be known as "Potter's Field." Pretty cool name. Anybody want to raise their hand and say its historical significance?
    Kevin Gould already has his bartender lineup ready to hand in. He just needs to unlock the door and let me enter. I'll be there for the grand opening, believe you me.

I forgot to mention Shoeny's Bar in Williamsville where all the Sabres of the 1970's use to hang out.

Originally posted by Pauldo
    I forgot to mention Shoeny's Bar in Williamsville where all the Sabres of the 1970's use to hang out.
    They used to hang out in Sinatras on Niagara and Emwood across from city hall back in the early seventies when we first got the team.
    That building is long since gone.

Question Turkey Roost

Can Someone Tell Me Exactly Where The Turkey Roost Was Located? I Heard It Was In Clarence On Main St. Anyone Have An Idea Near What Intersection Or An Address?

Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    Can Someone Tell Me Exactly Where The Turkey Roost Was Located? I Heard It Was In Clarence On Main St. Anyone Have An Idea Near What Intersection Or An Address?
    It wasn't listed as an inactive business entity with the Department of State. You might have to call a library and have them check an old phonebook.

Here's a link to an old Amherst Bee article that mentions it closed in 1979. http://www.amherstbee.com/news/2006/...orial/011.html

The Erie County Clerk site mentions the owners filed the DBA in 1952, but I can't get access to the address http://ecclerk.erie.gov:9080/prod_pu...oc_id=17089820
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information