Thread: Obama's Credit Card Plan

Obama's Credit Card Plan

Obama's Credit Card Legislation

Once again Obama wants to increase my pain. His pending Credit Card Bill which he is supposed to sign this weekend will cost the American public more money and reward the deadbeats who have abused their credit card balances.

The Banking industry has on a few options to recoup their losses from Obama's new banking legislation. They can raise the monthly fees and on everyone and all will pay more.

They can no longer allow you to pay off your balance in full with no interest on the balance. This will really hurt the credit card users that are careful on how they use their credit cards and make life easier for the credit card deadbeats.

Obama will accept no blame for the new pain he will put on the American public. Obama will only blame the greedy bankers.

On a different note anyone know how many banks have failed since Obama took office?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post

On a different note anyone know how many banks have failed since Obama took office?

I think it's 30+ now. The largest Bank in FLA failed yesterday!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Stimulus Plan

The Stimulus plan is really working well.

Unregistered
    They can no longer allow you to pay off your balance in full with no interest on the balance.
    Can you verify this?

If this is the case, SCREW THEM!!! I'll go back to using a debit card.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Can you verify this?

Here's the link to the article in the news yesterday, Surf

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/678150.html?imw=Y

Credit Bill is not law yet

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Can you verify this?

The Credit Card Bill is not law yet. The Banks have not stated what changes they officially will make.

That is such a stupid biased comment - nothing that Obama has done yet would cause a bank to fail in 4 months.

All the banks so far have failed because of the Bush Administration policies. And that number is 30+ according to Dougles.

You're conveniently leaving out the vast majority of Congress, including most Republicans, who created and voted for this bill. But hey, anything to smear the name Obama, right?

Of course I don't think I've ever seen you lay blame for anything at the foot of a Repub.

Might give you a little credibility if you did.

Regardless, we discussed this in another thread. There are all sorts of benefits to these restrictions, and yes they will help the credit card companies also. However, you have yet to see any of these punitive measures against the "good" customers. Until you do, all you have is threat and conjecture...and it wouldn't be the first time you were wrong.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    You're conveniently leaving out the vast majority of Congress, including most Republicans, who created and voted for this bill. But hey, anything to smear the name Obama, right?
    Now that the congress is "filibuster proof," the Republicans have to "play the game."

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    That is such a stupid biased comment - nothing that Obama has done yet would cause a bank to fail in 4 months.

All the banks so far have failed because of the Bush Administration policies. And that number is 30+ according to Dougles.
    Again they failed because of Carter and Clintons' CRA and Bush's lack of action. You can't blame this all on BUSH, move on!

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post

Of course I don't think I've ever seen you lay blame for anything at the foot of a Repub.
    A lot of the Rep's voted for this bill because of the hiden gun bill. Many do support the underlying idea, as do I, but what should have been done is LIMIT the people who can't afford cards and get them (more than just the under 21 age group)

Dream on

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Boy you are a Liberal dreamer.

Boy you are a Liberal dreamer.
    So, what you're telling me is that the banks were all doing great on January 19, 2009. Then along comes Obama, gives money to the banks as part of the Stimulus Bill, then the banks fail immediately.

Yeah - I'm the one dreaming.

The banking industry 'failure' was no accident, and party affiliation means nothing. Repu, dem, doesnt matter theyre both crooks. They both HATE america and they both want to see america fail. period!.

If that statement was not true, then our federal gov, would not have publibly promised to drastically devalue the american dollar, by giving trillions of tax payer money to a bunch of theives.

if our govt wanted to truelly stimulate the US economy they would NOT give trillions to banks, but instead give that money back to the people, or, cut taxes for the people.

But alas, our govt wants nothing more than to bankrupt our country. A poor, hungery, homeless population will more eagerly work for 3rd world wages than one that has a home a new car and a big screen tv.

Time to wake up people.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Thread Information