Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I\'m Leaving New York

Why I\'m Leaving New York

(but continuing our efforts to change it)

More...

Wow, initially depressed after reading this, but growing madder by the New York minute.
    I mean, we all know the situation here, but, setting it all out here in black and white is really a call to action. We leave or we suck it up or both - but we DO something. we have to revolt.

If we don't revolt and reform spending, New York State will continue to lose residents. Here in Buffalo, I can handle one hundred and eighty some odd days in the glorious late spring - summer- early fall, but shuffle outta Buffa, shuffle otta buffaloooooo is not a dance I really want to do.

I hope but am scared, that he will not be the only one to leave. NY has only itself to blame for it's downfall. I fear for next year when the 8.7 Billion in stimulus money isn't their and the UNIONS call for more tax hikes! Where will albany come up with another 10 BILLION?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    Why I'm Leaving New York
    how can someone change something after leaving? either stay and fight for change right here. or leave and don't look back. if there's love for NY. there shouldn't be any but as a reason for leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    how can someone change something after leaving? either stay and fight for change right here. or leave and don't look back. if there's love for NY. there shouldn't be any but as a reason for leaving.
    that's total bull sheesh tree hugger - ever hear of his philanthophy efforts? every hear of Responsible NY?...who the hell wouldn't want to save thousands per month in taxes

and who are you to say "don't look back"

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    that's total bull sheesh tree hugger - ever hear of his philanthophy efforts? every hear of Responsible NY?...who the hell wouldn't want to save thousands per month in taxes

and who are you to say "don't look back"
    writing this is based on looking at the first two lines:

Why I'm Leaving New York
    who writes about having love for a state so much that they would want to dictate how they think it should be from afar? he'll be soaking up rays in the sunshine state and writing more about what he thinks needs to change in a state he left behind. my opinion. i think it is cowardly to deligate his thinking of political influence from someone who wrote he spent the day getting his drivers license changed. registering to vote in another state. he wrote leaving NYS was to benefit himself. how will that help NYS? you have your opinions of the guy. i have mine. if there was love for our state he wouldn't leave and still try to tell us what he thinks we're doing wrong.
    Last edited by Tree_hugger29; May 22nd, 2009 at 11:30 AM.

looking at the first two lines:

who writes about having love for a state so much that they would want to dictate how they think it should be from afar? he'll be soaking up rays in the sunshine state and writing more about what he thinks needs to change in a state he left behind. my opinion. i think it is cowardly to deligate politican influence from someone who wrote he spent the day getting his drivers license changed. registering to vote in another state. he wrote leaving NYS was to benefit himself. you have your opinions of the guy. i have mine. if there was love for our state he wouldn't leave and still try to tell us what he thinks we're doing wrong.

Actually i think MOST NYS (except you) feel the way he does. They NYS has spended itself crazy and the UNIONs not the people run this state!

You live in the City and talk about WS, what's the difference?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    who writes about having love for a state so much that they would want to dictate how they think it should be from afar?
    Your dictating how WS is ran "afar" from South Buffalo. Why would the same rules not apply to him?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Your dictating how WS is ran "afar" from South Buffalo. Why would the same rules not apply to him?
    where did i write i'm from south buffalo? where did i write it? i am writing about the subject of conversation. you are writing ASSumptions about me. to answer you question tho. i'm not the one who left for florida. i'm here in NYS. i'm not leaving so i can "fight for NYS" while strolling on the beaches of florida. are you done making the conversation about me?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    where did i write i'm from south buffalo? where did i write it? i am writing about the subject of conversation. you are writing ASSumptions about me. to answer you question tho. i'm not the one who left for florida. i'm here in NYS. i'm not leaving so i can "fight for NYS" while strolling on the beaches of florida. are you done making the conversation about me?
    SHUT UP already. Answer the question. Why is it ok for you to "dictate" from afar yet you question Galisano? You are questioning Galisano by stating how could he "dictate" yet you do? Why is it different.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Actually i think MOST NYS (except you) feel the way he does. They NYS has spended itself crazy and the UNIONs not the people run this state!

You live in the City and talk about WS, what's the difference?
    the difference is i didn't leave for another state to benefit myself the way tom g did. i didn't register to vote in another state. change my drivers license in another state. to keep opinions of a neighboring town here in WNY.

Unregistered
    SHUT UP already. Answer the question. Why is it ok for you to "dictate" from afar yet you question Galisano? You are questioning Galisano by stating how could he "dictate" yet you do? Why is it different.
    are you serious? i didn't leave NYS. i pay taxes in NYS. tom g left NYS to not pay taxes in NYS. this is my state. it's not tom g's anymore.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    the difference is i didn't leave for another state to benefit myself the way tom g did. i didn't register to vote in another state. change my drivers license in another state. to keep opinions of a neighboring town here in WNY.
    So if Tom leaves to benefit him self by not costing others it's bad? But if you vote yes on some program that benefits you while costing others tax dollars it's ok? He's benefited himself without adding a penny of cost to no body.

I don't blame him at all. He can help many more people and have more to show for it by eliminating the government "middle" man. They are just skimming off our money.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And let me add.. there are items we need a group of people (we'll call it government) to take care of for the the community. Roads and stuff... but not "services" of all sorts so family members and political cronies have jobs. WHo comes to mind? OH the king of the ring now poster child for wny government.

Unregistered
    So if Tom leave to benefit him self by not costing others it's bad? But if you vote yes on some program that benefits you while costing others tax dollars it's ok? He's benefited himself without adding a penny of cost to no body.

I don't blame him at all. He can help many more people and have more to show for it by eliminating the government "middle" man. They are just skimming off our money.
    if i vote on a program i'd look to see how many would benefit. not myself. what was tom g costing others? he was paying taxes. he left to benefit himself. cowardly to think he should be welcomed in our state for his political views while from his new homestead in florida. he writes: friends, please have sympathy on me. i'm a rich man who moved out of NYS for myself. but i still want to tell you what your are doing wrong in the state i left behind. he's not a hero cowboy riding off into the sunset. he's a politician wannbe who now lives in another state.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information