Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unemployment Insurance benefit extension

Unemployment Insurance benefit extension

Supposed to be voted on today by the NY Senate

http://www.four-pillars.ca/2009/05/0...nded-benefits/

Gov. Patterson signed the extension. It will allow a total of 72 weeks of unemployment insurance to those who cant find jobs in this economy.

...and no, I'm not about to go welfare queen...but out of curiosity, how much of your former salary does Unemployment pay?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    ...and no, I'm not about to go welfare queen...but out of curiosity, how much of your former salary does Unemployment pay?
    up to 425 a week
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

13 more weeks ya got to love NY.I guess maybe some of these people have dodged a bullet.

NY currently pays a maximum of $430 per week. Under the current economic crisis, it has been extended from originally 26 weeks, to now 72 weeks.

The maximum weekly amount of $430 is paultry compared to other states like Pennysylvania, the Carolinas, etc. Some states pay up $650 per week.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLV View Post
    NY currently pays a maximum of $430 per week. Under the current economic crisis, it has been extended from originally 26 weeks, to now 72 weeks.

The maximum weekly amount of $430 is paultry compared to other states like Pennysylvania, the Carolinas, etc. Some states pay up $650 per week.
    See NY does it right, they pay you less on unempolyement so they can mold you into a welfare leach and then you'll have to vote DEM for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    See NY does it right, they pay you less on unempolyement so they can mold you into a welfare leach and then you'll have to vote DEM for life!
    Amazing...NYS actually pays LESS in public benefits, and you still find a way to bitch about it. Well, I guess I shouldn't find it amazing at all. Apparently (see below)
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

What difference does it make itsa sliding scale. If you cant make it on $430.00 you got a problem. I bet the states you referenced are sliding scale also.A person making $52G might get $650but a person making 20 will Get $200. Again it comes down to the People expecting the Gubment to take care of you. I get Paid on a 1099 and If I loose that I get 0 unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    Amazing...NYS actually pays LESS in public benefits, and you still find a way to bitch about it. Well, I guess I shouldn't find it amazing at all. Apparently (see below)
    SARCASIM!!!

I have no problem with enempolyement seeing that a worker actually pay into and it's not really free money (you still have to pay taxes on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    I get Paid on a 1099 and If I loose that I get 0 unemployment.
    Right. You don't pay any NY State Unemployment INSURANCE. Therefore, you get no benefits when you lose your job. Very simple.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Right. You don't pay any NY State Unemployment INSURANCE. Therefore, you get no benefits when you lose your job. Very simple.
    From the mouth of a guy thats NEVER paid unemployment Insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I know dimwit,what about all the jobs i worked prior to my 1099 days.I guess that doe is gone right Sally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    I know dimwit,what about all the jobs i worked prior to my 1099 days.I guess that doe is gone right Sally.
    Isnt that like like getting reimbursed for a recent car accident you arent insured for, based on previously owned cars you had paid insurance for?

I'm not saying that income from a 1099 should not be covered by U.I. But if you arent paying into the insurance fund, it seems reasonable that you dont get the coverage.

And the amount paid by the employer only averages about $60 a year for each employee with UI coverage, after tax credits.

Isnt that like like getting reimbursed for a recent car accident you arent insured for, based on previously owned cars you had paid insurance for?

I'm not saying that income from a 1099 should not be covered by U.I. But if you arent paying into the insurance fund, it seems reasonable that you dont get the coverage.

And the amount paid by the employer only averages about $60 a year for each employee with UI coverage, after tax credits.
    Another mensa member. I aint asking for nor am I worried about it. I just made a point I never collected one dime. The longest I have everbeen ou of work was two days. Hows you record Doctor!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information