Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The game contunues with Tom Mazur showing his true colors.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

The game contunues with Tom Mazur showing his true colors.

The full story in the buffalo news

Dusza given post to ensure his pension

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hired by legislator who succeeded him

By MATTHEW SPINA
    News Staff Reporter
    1/8/2006

Raymond K. Dusza needs nine months.

When Raymond K. Dusza decided not to seek re-election last year, it didn't mean he was leaving the Erie County Legislature, not with about nine months to go to a pension milestone.
    Dusza is still drawing a Legislature paycheck, as an aide for the politician who succeeded him. And after a couple of weeks in that job, he will move to another post within the Legislature's bureaucracy.

"He is my only employee right now until I get my district office open," said Thomas Mazur, the Cheektowaga Democrat elected to the seat Dusza vacated. "He served this community well, and to do this for him is - in my mind - not objectionable."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just like Ed Kuwik getting a position to pad his retirement here we go having Tom Mazur (remember that name) hiring Dusza . Remember him? It's ONLY A PENNY! Tom has been on my town board for ages it seems.

Seems Dusza needs some time so that he can get his full 20 years in to have a pension from the tax payers. I wonder what salary Tom Mazur is going to give him.

I believe Tom Mazur is part of the old political system that Dusza has been in. Very little reguard to the tax payers who are the producers in the this area.

TimeOut Chair

:)

yep rez is in da house. go rez go rez ha ha

Gold Member
    But Res, they're only paying him ~$12 an hour...

I'm being sarcastic, obviously that pales in comparison to the amount of money it's going to cost the taxpayers to fund his "soon-to-be-artificially-inflated-pension". Must be nice. Hey, Mr. Mazur, can I have a position too? I need to supplement my retirement. What's that, only those in the "good-old boy" network need apply?? Awww, shucks...

And how about Kuwik (sp?) being given a $93K/yr job with the water authority - a job that was not advertised nor had other applicants.

It sure must be nice to have the system wrapped around your finger.

And they wonder why there are so many disgusted taxpayers... they just don't get it...

Here's a thought for the lawyers among us, can Mazur's actions be considered a quid pro quo or whatever the term is? If so, isn't that illegal? And if so, what's the best way a big stink about this?

Unregistered
    This is exactly the kind of stuff that got us into the damn mess we're in now.

They're continuing to feed off the taxpayers of this county with little fear of retribution.

It's obvious these politicians are not afraid of us.

We need to make them hear us loud and clear.

Gold Member
    They're continuing to feed off the taxpayers of this county with little fear of retribution.

It's obvious these politicians are not afraid of us.

We need to make them hear us loud and clear.
    Well said, Ragin. Look at it from their side though. As far as they know, we're all talk and no action - look at the poor voter turnout in the last election. By rights, we (we as in voting public) gave them the go-ahead to perform business as usual by not voting for change - or in most cases, not voting at all.

So until we *are* a force to be reckoned with, and by that I mean until there are enough fed up taxpayers who actually care enough to vote, nothing will change I'm afraid.

So that brings us to the question - how do we (we as in Speakup) motivate voters to be involved in the next election? That's the only way I see anything positive happening in this area in the near future. And I don't have the answer, but with all the smart people here, I'm sure we can come up with a game plan. Where to start?!?

Re: The game contunues with Tom Mazur showing his true colors.

Originally posted by WNYresident

Dusza given post to ensure his pension

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hired by legislator who succeeded him

By MATTHEW SPINA
    News Staff Reporter
    1/8/2006

Raymond K. Dusza needs nine months.

When Raymond K. Dusza decided not to seek re-election last year, it didn't mean he was leaving the Erie County Legislature, not with about nine months to go to a pension milestone.
    Dusza is still drawing a Legislature paycheck, as an aide for the politician who succeeded him. And after a couple of weeks in that job, he will move to another post within the Legislature's bureaucracy.

"He is my only employee right now until I get my district office open," said Thomas Mazur, the Cheektowaga Democrat elected to the seat Dusza vacated. "He served this community well, and to do this for him is - in my mind - not objectionable."

This is seriously disgusting. And to think we elected these guys to supposedly reform county government

Some taxpayer revolt. It didn't change a single thing.

I"d have to say you're right, Total.

When you couple the Duscza action with the Legislature spending more on their own staff (according to the News), it may even be worth than before. Not just more of the same.

The Legislature may even be emboldened now.

Consider that Lynn Marinelli---the new Chair---had a very difficult primary fight. She won convincingly, in a race that many expected her to lose. I think you could expect her to believe her positions have been strongly endorsed by her constituency.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

I don't think Duscza's actions should surprise anyone.

IIRC from the News articles of a few months ago, Ray's job with Westinghouse was as the union benefits co-ordinator.

Ray believes there is a giant pot of money (that comes from ????) that people just have to figure out how to tap.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You know what you forgot? Tom Mazur is from the old school.. The Cheektowaga political group.

Which political parties endorsed him?

See how this leads up to the people in charge of the political parties?

They can easily hire Dusza as a "consultant" and pay him with a 1099. There's NO reason to allow this to contribute to his pension which will come out of the tax payers pockets.

If he's in a "consulting" position then lets pay him as a consultant.

So how we have Ed and Ray both being "taken care of" oh our penny.

Erie County taxpayers are fleeced yet again with no regards, no remorse, and no receipt. Thank you Free Buffalo for breaking this news. Keep up the good work.

I had a friend in the 1980s who was hired by Westinghouse as a supervisor in the finance dept at the Genessee street. She was a twenty-something.

She absolutely hated the people she supervised. She found them to be dumb, slow, resistant to any change at all, uncommitted to their jobs. Bindings this toxic soup together was their hatred for Westinghouse.

Westinghouse had recently announced the closure of the facility and she felt that their attitudes had a large part in the decision.

The attitudes she described predated the closure announcement.

Ray is probably highly reflective of this attitude.

Originally posted by DR_GONZO
    Erie County taxpayers are fleeced yet again with no regards, no remorse, and no receipt. Thank you Free Buffalo for breaking this news. Keep up the good work.
    Doc:

I think the attitude of most people is "Good for him." Like winning the lottery. There's no connection that Ray's good fortune and the fact that all of us will pay for it.

And for a surprising number of those who do make the connection will say "So what. It doesn't cost each of us individually very much.

And Mazur will get re-elected, when he shoudl be booted out for pulling this
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Unregistered
    GeorgeB

I agree with you wholeheartedly that voting these people out is the best way toward reform.

But, with all due respect, are we to sit here with our hands folded waiting for the next election or do we get off our asses and fight back now, before they make things worse than they already are?

Today's news story about Dusza falls on the heels of Thusday's Legislature vote to increase their own budget by $100,000 (pulled in from a separate countywide account).

I'd like to know what account that money was "found" in.

And where the heck is our so called Control Board that we're paying millions for?

I'm sorry, but I'm just plain sick of this crap.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information