Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Real Protest!

A Real Protest!

I heard Russ Thompson (and I'm assuming Jim O) are organizing a protest at Ilio DiPaolos Restaurant tomorrow night for Suckowski's fund raiser!

Suckowski is having a $150 a head fund raiser for his RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN! (YES! HE'S GOING TO RUN AGAIN!)

If YOU have any interest at all in making a difference, this is the most effective way to show ALL THE LOSERS (not just Suckowski) that you mean business and are fed up with the taxes, fee's and surcharges!

If you can, please show up and show your support! Even if you're not totally on board with what Russ and Jim are doing (I know a lot of you have your own opinions)! It is an effective way to take one hour and show these financial supporters we're fed up with Incumbents like Suckowski and the way New York State is being run!!!

According to the website http://www.ecdems.com/aCalendar2.php
    it goes from 5:30pm - 7:30pm.

Ilio DiPaolos is at:
    3785 South Park Avenue
    Blasdell, NY 14219

I'll be there at 5pm as will Rus and company.

Bring a sign if you can.

I hope there's a HUGE turnout that really shows these idiots that NYS taxpayers aren't just a bunch of talk, they are serious.

Can we get these ladies to come?

jim, i screwed up i showed up tonight with the pack and no one was there. man i really screwed up thats twice today. dumb dog.

Bad - Bad Dog!!!!!!

Unregistered

Tony Fracasso - Admin

"jim, i screwed up i showed up tonight with the pack and no one was there. man i really screwed up thats twice today. dumb dog."

No problem, you still earned credits with the tax revolt gods.

Sign ideas:

Stachowski--Traitor to Upstate

The $12 billion man

Stack--Time to Pack

Stack--Don't Come Back

Stachowski--Tool of NYC

Not Welcome Home

Unregistered
    Resign
    SUCKOWSKI
    Resign!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Last edited by cheekman; August 27th, 2009 at 10:01 PM.

Nice!

Very nice!

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/taxpaye..._resign_090514

Taxpayers call for NY
    senator to resign

Senator Bill Stachowski was attending
    a fundraiser

Updated: Friday, 15 May 2009, 12:31 AM EDT
    Published : Friday, 15 May 2009, 12:31 AM EDT

Tricia Cruz
    BLASDELL, N.Y. (WIVB) - He's one of only two local state lawmakers who voted in favor of Governor David Paterson's record-high budget. And Thursday night, taxpayers in Blasdell let Senator Bill Stachowski know they're sick of the status quo.

Mothers, fathers and even children came to protest against Senator Stachowski. While he attended a fundraiser inside Ilio DiPaolo's in Blasdell,demonstrators stood outside calling for him to resign.

Demonstrator Kathy Dulanski said, "I've only been in the state for five years and it's, this is awful - the taxes."

Taxes aren't the only issue that has the protesters outraged. They still remember that Stachowski and Senator Antoine Thompson are the only two local lawmakers who voted to pass this year's budget.

Dulanski said, "Oh, after everyone called and called and called and said no."

Senator Stachowski said, "We did our job by filling the hole by increasing some taxes. Do we like some of the fees that we're adding? No, but the governor had those in the budget."

Senator Thompson was attending a Solar Conference in Buffalo. So News 4 went there to ask him for his response.

Senator Thompson said, "The reality is that we had a, a responsibility to pass the budget on time and we did that."

Rus Thompson, the organizer of the demonstration, is promising to publicly protest against a number of politicians. Senator Stachowski is the first target.

Thompson said, "He got re-elected on the promise that he was gonna be the most powerful senator in charge of the finance committee in the State Senate and instead he gave it up."

Senator Stachowski is now the Chairman of Economic Development.

So why did he make the switch?

Senator Stachowski said, "There's certain fights you can win and certain fights you can't."
    Thompson said, "We are tired. We're tired of waiting for Albany to start responding to our requests."

Rus Thompson hopes the demonstrations motivate other taxpayers to start questioning politicians more often and wherever they are - about their decisions in Albany.

Copyright WIVB.com

Worked great. Stack had a record turnout.
    Fully stimulated...

Unregistered
    Mothers, fathers and even children came to protest against Senator Stachowski. While he attended a fundraiser inside Ilio DiPaolo's in Blasdell,demonstrators stood outside calling for him to resign.
    news didn't say police made sure protesters stood across the street. business owner and police did a fine job making sure patrons of DiPaolo's had easy access to the establishment. i saw police parked on the back streets. when i was there i only saw about 10 sign holders.

Can't wait to publish the names of those hacks.

And thanks for calling the cops on us.

Bill, like other slimeball politicians, takes an oath to uphold the Constitition but he never read the document and wouldn't undertstand it if he did.

Stack, the former star athlete, needed three police cars to protect him from those who pay his overinflated salary.

§8. Every citizen may freely speak, write and publish his or her sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right; and no law shall be passed to restrain or abridge the liberty of speech or of the press.

§9. 1. No law shall be passed abridging the rights of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government, or any department thereof;
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information