Thread: Healthy Cooking Tips?

Arrow Healthy Cooking Tips?

I'm trying to be healthier and watch my weight. Now that I'm into my 30s I've had some red flags go up with my health and days of fatty foods and gorging myself on whatever I please are long gone. But I'm not trying to whittle down to a size 2 or get buffed up to strut around in a bikini... I just want to be healthier.

I was considering joining Weight Watchers because I hear they are more of a lifestyle planning group rather than a diet group, but some think it's more trouble than it's worth.

So, do any of you guys out there just have some simple healthy cooking and healthy lifestyle tips? Thanks.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Unregistered
    ask Surfin'.... he is always strutting around in his bikini! (although the beer gut is alittle disturbing)

I suppose you could read into a lot of different "lifestyle" changes out there. Lately there has been a trend on low glycemic eating - which actually makes a lot of sense - the deal is to keep your blood sugar steady and not spike up and down with healthy eating throughout the day. It's not about quanitity of what you eat at all, but what you eat. I've been trying it for three weeks now and I will say that I feel much better. It's definately not about eating for tastse lol. Lots of healthy veggies and three fruits a day, limiting protein to healthy protein (chicken and fish etc). Bread = nope, at least not on a daily basis. It's kinda like back to basics in regard to the way we eat. I think everyone can agree that as people we eat terrible these days in general.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Thread Information