Thread: In THIS country... we don't... (Ignorance at its finest)

In THIS country... we don't... (Ignorance at its finest)

I was absolutely and utterly appaled to see the new Amherst Supervisor spoken to in terms of "IN OUR COUNTRY..." in reference to the fact that he is not US born.

Come on - Like him or not, can you be any more ignorant? No wonder people look down on western NY as backwards racists, etc. That was possibly the most ignorant thing I have ever seen on television.

Since when is Greg Olma on the Amherst Town Board?

You should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, you ignorant piece of garbage. It's 2005 pal.
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Re: In THIS country... we don't... (Ignorance at its finest)

Originally posted by ReformWNY
    I was absolutely and utterly appaled to see the new Amherst Supervisor spoken to in terms of "IN OUR COUNTRY..." in reference to the fact that he is not US born.

Come on - Like him or not, can you be any more ignorant? No wonder people look down on western NY as backwards racists, etc. That was possibly the most ignorant thing I have ever seen on television.

Since when is Greg Olma on the Amherst Town Board?

You should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, you ignorant piece of garbage. It's 2005 pal.
    Yup. Kindel should resign immediately.

That was kind of a low blow. The new supervisor is a PHD and I imagine quite a bright guy. He certainly deserves more respect than that no matter where he was born. Looks like Grelick and friends are just bitter and somewhat in disbelief that someone who actually wants to change things has won. Isn't democracy wonderful!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by Downstate Buffaloian
    That was kind of a low blow. The new supervisor is a PHD and I imagine quite a bright guy. He certainly deserves more respect than that no matter where he was born. Looks like Grelick and friends are just bitter and somewhat in disbelief that someone who actually wants to change things has won. Isn't democracy wonderful!

You know what I have seen and had a few people confirm?

A lot of elected officials and "government" employees really feel that they are doing the community good. A lot do, don't take me wrong. Maybe they are in disbelief because in thier opinion they were doing a bang up job even though it's at the expense of the tax payer.

Another item I believe is true is they rarely look at thier spending habits from the point of view of the payee. NOT someone with a guaranteed income/pension as government employees seem to have, I mean from the people that acutally are the producers.

I just have an issue all together with someone in an elected position popping off such an off handedly semi-racist comment at the guy. If I were in Amherst I'd call for his resignation. Satish worked hard and beat the incumbant. It's one thing to attack a guy on policy - but for his background and the color of his skin? As I sad, he should be ashamed of himself.

TimeOut Chair
    rez, mohan was publically dissed what r u talkin about?

One reason for this type of nonsense is that Kindel's supporters will cheer that he laid the smack-down on the "other" team instead of saying "that's not acceptable behavior." I see a lot of people - including a few on this message board - who are more concerned about sticking it to the "other" side than about what's actually best for all of us.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Looks like Grelick and friends are just bitter and somewhat in disbelief that someone who actually wants to change things has won.

See that sentence.. That's what I'm refering to with:

"A lot of elected officials and "government" employees really feel that they are doing the community good. A lot do, don't take me wrong. Maybe they are in disbelief because in thier opinion they were doing a bang up job even though it's at the expense of the tax payer."

Maybe they are bitter because they honestly believe they are doing what's good for the community. Now that someone new comes along they are in disbelief that people didn't like how they were doing things.

including a few on this message board - who are more concerned about sticking it to the "other" side than about what's actually best for all of us.
    Exactly!!!!! But they believe what they were doing was the best thing for the community and are now bitter because so many people voted them out. Either way the guy won.

If he tries do to what he said he was going to do but everyone puts up obsticals so he can't accomplish it, it's not his fault.

I thought it was terribly insulting,Someone should of stood up and asked him what kind of people he was referring to!
    Its those types of remarks that slip out that truly show someones feelings..
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

It has nothing to do with "thinking they are doing good" for something.

He basically called Satish out for being Indian.
    Think Archie Bunker.
    THAT is the issue here.

I like when he was asked in an interview what he meant by, "in this country", when he said :

"You may not like it but in this country we have rules, If you don't like it keep quiet. We have rules in this country."

Kindel's response was
    "Because that's the country that we're in."
    He has got to be an extremely arrogant person. Unfortunately he is representing people. If he were representing me, i'd want him out.

Originally posted by WestSideJohn
    One reason for this type of nonsense is that Kindel's supporters will cheer that he laid the smack-down on the "other" team instead of saying "that's not acceptable behavior." I see a lot of people - including a few on this message board - who are more concerned about sticking it to the "other" side than about what's actually best for all of us.
    Well said. Thank you.

Stupid thing to say? yes
    Rude? yes
    Racist? maybe
    Should he resign over it? no
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

What a moron..

Originally posted by ReformWNY
    It has nothing to do with "thinking they are doing good" for something.

He basically called Satish out for being Indian.
    Think Archie Bunker.
    THAT is the issue here.
    All he had to do was use "this town" instead of this country.

Someone who would say something like this should not be in gov't.

"What a ignoranomous, what a ultra maroon" - WNYres knows what thats from...

Run him out on a rail...Thats what we do to ignorant bigots in this country!!!
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Thread Information