Thread: Animal Abuse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

Angry Animal Abuse

Severely Neglected Dog Found in Front of Anima Hospital

This morning, Eyewitness News received a call about a dog outside of an animal hospital. When we arrived at the Anderson Inner City Animal Hospital, we found a severely neglected cocker spaniel, covered in mats of fur. An employee said they got a call yesterday at about 9 a-m, saying there was a dog outside, so they brought him some water. The employee said they called the city animal shelter twice, to come get the dog. But 24 hour later, the dog was sill there.

"I received a call from Channel 7 this morning tell me about this dog," said Barbara Carr of the SPCA.

That was the first the SPCA had heard about the dog, and were there within minutes. The dog was quickly picked up and treated, in terrible shape. They had to shave mats off of the cocker spaniel that should weigh about 30 pounds, but instead only weighs about 9.

"We can't tell right now if his kidneys are shut down..." said Veterinarian Karen Moran.

Meantime, we called the City of Buffalo Animal Shelter. They say they did go over to the Anderson Inner City Animal Hospital to get the dog when they were called, but that he ran away. SPCA Executive Director Barbara Carr says dogs do sometimes do that when they see officers. But what has Carr angry is that the dog sat outside an animal hospital for a full day.

"There is something seriously wrong with this dog. Anyone that works in a veterinary hospital, I don't care if it is a clerk to the hospital or up to the veterinarian, could determine that this dog was suffering," said Carr.

We tried several times to reach Doctor Anderson. Our calls have not been returned, and while we got an answer there from an employee this morning when we went over there. This afternoon, when we went back, there was a sign on the door that said closed, doctor's day off.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/44464762.html

I saw that.....
    Emotions say someone should die a horrible death for this.

I don't know what makes some people animal lovers and some people capable of being so cruel to a defenseless animal....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    I saw that.....
    Emotions say someone should die a horrible death for this.

I don't know what makes some people animal lovers and some people capable of being so cruel to a defenseless animal....
    There are people who are cruel even to other people. Will **** all over them and think nothing of the person they effected. I could easily see someone being completely none caring over a animal. I could never be that way. I can't believe an animal hospital would have let a dog in that condition stay outside instead of checking it out.

Oh, this makes me sick to my stomach. I just don't know what to say.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    There are people who are cruel even to other people. Will **** all over them and think nothing of the person they effected. I could easily see someone being completely none caring over a animal. I could never be that way. I can't believe an animal hospital would have let a dog in that condition stay outside instead of checking it out.
    Broke my heart when I saw the pic
    but I've heard of tons of cases in which people died neglected in emergency rooms.
    Then you have the recent lawsuit settlement from a family in Los Angeles when their Mother was in the ER section (away from the family) on the floor in agonizing pain;Doctors, nurses and orderlies are seen on video walking around the woman dying on the floor including a janitor cleaning up AROUND the admitted woman's body.
    She soon died from some kind of gastrointestinal blockage because she was ignored;Mistread.

The things we "humans" do to other living beings always surprises me for some reason, even though I fully expect people to be monsters.

Yes. Whoever is responsible for this poor dog's condition must suffer;No "slap on the wrist," but a hard-hitting fine & sentence with no "time served."

When I see abused animals on 'Animal Planet,' it wrenches at my guts.
    Even that charity commercial with the singer Sarah McLaughlin and the photos of abused animals makes me want to cry.

Almost mind boggling that people can do this to defenseless creatures who mean no harm-That those who ignore an animal's needs for food, shelter and medical care or abuse animals can sleep without guilt.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

The SPCA location in Angola is scheduled to be closed soon. Lack of funding.

Just saw a report on Ch 2 news.Horrible what some people do to animals
    But they did say it was doing better and showed it standing up and drinking water

it was just reported that kenny will be put to sleep. because of a large esophagus.

The esophagus is a small hose-like tube which connects the mouth to the stomach. As it leaves the mouth, it follows a straight path through the neck and chest, passing near the heart through the diaphragm muscle and finally entering the stomach. The esophagus walls are composed of muscles which move in wave-like contractions to push food into the stomach. In the dog, it takes about five seconds for food to move from the mouth to the stomach. Surgery on the esophagus is always difficult because of its location within the chest and its slow rate of healing.

Thread Information