Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Animal Abuse

anyones neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLBAGS View Post
    I
    My dog is our pet. I dont make my pets humans, thats seems a little weird to me.
    I like my dog and would never hurt it. But she is just a dog I use as a tool. history shows that most dogs were used for somthing, not to be family members.
    YOU sir, are an A**!

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    so do, deer, cows, pigs and other "just a's" that you and your family probably chow down on every day. What's your point?

I never seen anyone start a thread about the emotional turmoil the chicken goes thru that delivers our eggs everyday (except the PETA people who seem to show up once a year with there elephant video).

That chicken who's eggs you ate yesterday........ Well lets just say Tyson has gruesome plans for her as well.

North of the mason dixion line I am starting to see people prosecuted more heavily for animal abuse then child abuse and frankly I find that disgusting. No one should treat any living creature poorly if it can be avoided but the bottom line is an animal is an animal, nothing more or less. It will sacrifice its life for you because that's what it was breed and trained to do. Not because its noble or somehow part human. Every month there is an article in the paper of some beloved family dog suddenly going nuts and taking a bite out of little Sally or Little Johnny, in the end its still just a dumb animal.

Maybe this North of the Mason Dixion Line thinking is the reason why fatal dog attacks are on the rise. To many of us north of the line dont realize dogs are animals not 4 legged humans.

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/danger.htm#homicides

The point I am trying to make is we have a finite amount of social and emotional capital. I think it would be better spent on Humans.

If every abandoned child got a three page thread on this board or even a prominent article in the news paper that's all we would be talking about. Over 7000 babies were abandoned last year in this country alone. I feel sorry for the dog. I feel a lot more sorry for those babies though.
    I guess your Judge of character is flawed. Give me a dog or a cat any day.You Know what stevey Dogs and cats dont lie Cheat or steal.So take your social capitol and spend it wher you want I will give any extra time and cash I have to the SPCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    I guess your Judge of character is flawed. Give me a dog or a cat any day.You Know what stevey Dogs and cats dont lie Cheat or steal.
    When I say 7000 babies are abandoned each year and you talk about judging character and cheating, lying and character flaws I wonder about your sanity.

You had a lot of babies lie to you in your life have you chuckie? They had a lot of character flaws? You must have led a rough life
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    When I say 7000 babies are abandoned each year and you talk about judging character and cheating, lying and character flaws I wonder about your sanity.

You had a lot of babies lie to you in your life have you chuckie? They had a lot of character flaws? You must have led a rough life
    I get a Puppy and with in 2 minutes I will tell you how that dog will be when it grows up. People on the other hand in todays world? No thanks I will take my chnaces with Dogs and Cats or Horses or yaks or Cows or Zebras. Have I made my point ?

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    YOU sir, are an A**!
    Y Thank you cat lady.
    Mark Twain:
    Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned
    Faith is believing in that which I know ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    You Know what stevey Dogs and cats dont lie Cheat or steal.So take your social capitol and spend it wher you want I will give any extra time and cash I have to the SPCA.
    Pretty much this. A couple years ago my wife and I thought about it, and we realized that with all the money from our taxes that is allocated towards "human services" perhaps our charity should be reconsidered.

Since then the majority of our charity goes anonymously to SPCA and animal shelters in a couple places in our region. It's not a lot of cash, but we figure they can put it to best use.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreOfTheSame View Post
    Pretty much this. A couple years ago my wife and I thought about it, and we realized that with all the money from our taxes that is allocated towards "human services" perhaps our charity should be reconsidered.

Since then the majority of our charity goes anonymously to SPCA and animal shelters in a couple places in our region. It's not a lot of cash, but we figure they can put it to best use.
    Bless you I would rather spend my money on animals then people anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information