Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animal Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    I wish some people were as outraged and pro active in support of human children as they are about dogs.
    Kids grow up and in this day and age they grow up as A holes. Dogs just keep on loving you and do whats right. Sorry no support for kids here.

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    I heard that too and another channel said they found another dog, in a crate, left in a field or something. Everybody passed by, looked at it and went on. Dog was dead once someone called someone.
    B**tards! There should be a really really really strong penalty for anyone who would do this sort of thing.
    Yeah, here it is. It's pretty screwed up.
    SPCA OPENS INVESTIGATION INTO SECOND ABANDONED, IGNORED BUFFALO DOG
    Friday, May 8, 2009
    By: Gina Browning, Director of Public Relations, 716-629-3505

Reports Show Calls Made

This afternoon, the SPCA Serving Erie County opened an investigation into the presence of a deceased dog abandoned inside of a cage left near Winslow Avenue in Buffalo.

SPCA Animal Rescue Team members were immediately dispatched this morning when officials received a call from an anonymous source reporting that the dog was left inside the cage and appeared deceased, which was confirmed by SPCA officers upon arrival at the site minutes later.

However, early stages of the investigation have revealed that initial calls to the Buffalo Police were made about the dog as early as last Wednesday. Two calls reporting the complaints were made to the City of Buffalo Animal Shelter.

The dog's body has been transported to the SPCA, where a necropsy is currently underway to determine the cause of death.

Keep watching YourSPCA.org for continuing information on this case.

now that kenny has died i hope they find who ever is responsible and do the same thing to them, neglect them and keep them from food and water. also i hope they hope the city shelter responsible they claim they tried to catch him a couple of times but he ran away, please how could they not catch that dog. when will people be held accountable, doesn't seem like that will happen in my life time

Whoever did that to the poor dog
    What comes around goes around and Karma is a bitch
    Rot in hell with the other scums of the earth

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    I wish some people were as outraged and pro active in support of human children as they are about dogs.
    I agree. I never understood how these animal rights groups get funded by the same people who cry about starving kids...kinda funny.
    My dog is our pet. I dont make my pets humans, thats seems a little weird to me.
    I like my dog and would never hurt it. But she is just a dog I use as a tool. It was much cheaper then a security system and much more effective. In fact, history shows that most dogs were used for somthing, not to be family members. When did that start? My family is plenty big without including the pets...lol.
    That said, there is somthing seriously wrong with a person to just neglect an animal.
    Mark Twain:
    Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned
    Faith is believing in that which I know ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOLBAGS View Post
    I agree. I never understood how these animal rights groups get funded by the same people who cry about starving kids...kinda funny.
    My dog is our pet. I dont make my pets humans, thats seems a little weird to me.
    I like my dog and would never hurt it. But she is just a dog I use as a tool. It was much cheaper then a security system and much more effective. In fact, history shows that most dogs were used for somthing, not to be family members. When did that start? My family is plenty big without including the pets...lol.
    That said, there is somthing seriously wrong with a person to just neglect an animal.
    funny, your pet thinks he is part of your family and would probably give his or her life for you.

A dog has the ability to feel think and show every emotion you do,,many animals mourn their dead.

Dolphins, chimpanzees and other "just a" whatever have remarkable social development and intelligence.

Your thinking is outside of mainstream these days.. at least north of the mason dixon line.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOLBAGS View Post
    My . . . . . our . . . .. I dont make my . . . . . humans, thats seems a little weird to me.
    I like my . . . . . and would never hurt it. But she is just a . . . . . I use as a tool. It was much cheaper then a security system and much more effective. In fact, history shows that most . . . . . were used for somthing, not to be family members. When did that start? My family is plenty big without including the . . . . . ...lol.
    That said, there is somthing seriously wrong with a person to just neglect a . . . . ..
    Wow....

BTT is going to have a field day with your post!!!!!!

it was just reported that kenny will be put to sleep. because of a large esophagus.

The esophagus is a small hose-like tube which connects the mouth to the stomach. As it leaves the mouth, it follows a straight path through the neck and chest, passing near the heart through the diaphragm muscle and finally entering the stomach. The esophagus walls are composed of muscles which move in wave-like contractions to push food into the stomach. In the dog, it takes about five seconds for food to move from the mouth to the stomach. Surgery on the esophagus is always difficult because of its location within the chest and its slow rate of healing.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    Wow....

BTT is going to have a field day with your post!!!!!!
    Only if Tools' dog is black.

It breaks my heart when a little guy like that is hurt. I hope that Vet some day looks God in the Eye and God says Go to hell you incosiderate bastard.
    I will take a good Dog any day over some of the two legged vermin walking this earth. Kenny see you at the Bridge.

this is heartbreaking news
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Lmao...nice. The dog is brown/tan with just a lil black in her....maybe thats why I wont except her into the fam????
    Mark Twain:
    Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned
    Faith is believing in that which I know ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J View Post
    this is heartbreaking news
    Michele: I agree. Poor little sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    A dog has the ability to feel think and show every emotion you do,,many animals mourn their dead.

Dolphins, chimpanzees and other "just a" whatever have remarkable social development and intelligence.
    so do, deer, cows, pigs and other "just a's" that you and your family probably chow down on every day. What's your point?

I never seen anyone start a thread about the emotional turmoil the chicken goes thru that delivers our eggs everyday (except the PETA people who seem to show up once a year with there elephant video).

That chicken who's eggs you ate yesterday........ Well lets just say Tyson has gruesome plans for her as well.

Your thinking is outside of mainstream these days.. at least north of the mason dixon line.
    North of the mason dixion line I am starting to see people prosecuted more heavily for animal abuse then child abuse and frankly I find that disgusting. No one should treat any living creature poorly if it can be avoided but the bottom line is an animal is an animal, nothing more or less. It will sacrifice its life for you because that's what it was breed and trained to do. Not because its noble or somehow part human. Every month there is an article in the paper of some beloved family dog suddenly going nuts and taking a bite out of little Sally or Little Johnny, in the end its still just a dumb animal.

Maybe this North of the Mason Dixion Line thinking is the reason why fatal dog attacks are on the rise. To many of us north of the line dont realize dogs are animals not 4 legged humans.

The number of fatal dog attacks in the USA has been going up. The yearly average was 17 in the 1980s and 1990s; there were 33 deaths in 2007, which is roughly double the average in the prior two decades.
    The vast majority of biting dogs (77%) belong to the victim's family or a friend
    http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/danger.htm#homicides

The point I am trying to make is we have a finite amount of social and emotional capital. I think it would be better spent on Humans.

If every abandoned child got a three page thread on this board or even a prominent article in the news paper that's all we would be talking about. Over 7000 babies were abandoned last year in this country alone. I feel sorry for the dog. I feel a lot more sorry for those babies though.
    Last edited by steven; May 11th, 2009 at 12:29 AM.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

anyones neighbor
    funny, your pet thinks he is part of your family and would probably give his or her life for you.

AGREED wholeheartedly. My 2 cats are like my kids. Cats are different in that they are INDIFFERENT to most things, however, when they purr & rub their head on your leg, it's showing how much they love you. Mine sleep with me, eat with me (well not at the table), and I share my space with them as I would a family member. Pets are NOT tools. They're family!
    Last edited by steven; May 11th, 2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information