Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animal Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Something just doesn't seem right. Did the vet physically know that dog was right there in front of the building? IF he did not don't go spreading BS that he left the dog in that condition. Could be possible the vet just didn't know. Did anyone ask him yet if he physically knew the dog was in front of the vet hospital?
    That's what my first reaction was, as well. And, of course we don't know that the vet, himself saw the dog....but, what kind of human, much less, someone who works in an animal hospital, would leave a dog in that condition there for 24 hours.

Someone probably found the dog, and left him there, thinking he'd get help - like leaving a baby on the steps of a church (unless, of course, the dog can read, and knew it was an animal hospital). Can you imagine a priest walking outside, seeing a baby, and just calling the cops, and then, going back inside.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    That's what my first reaction was, as well. And, of course we don't know that the vet, himself saw the dog....but, what kind of human, much less, someone who works in an animal hospital, would leave a dog in that condition there for 24 hours.

Someone probably found the dog, and left him there, thinking he'd get help - like leaving a baby on the steps of a church (unless, of course, the dog can read, and knew it was an animal hospital). Can you imagine a priest walking outside, seeing a baby, and just calling the cops, and then, going back inside.
    Read my last post. The article from the SPCA says he, (the vet, himself,) was aware.

I hope the SPCA will provide an update on Red's progress (let's hope there will be progress). I can't believe the vet didn't bother to help this poor animal. What a shame.

anyones neighbor
    What the vet said when I heard it was " the animal was not injured in any way because IT got up and moved around/walked away, etc. I'm wondering THIS: Hopefully there were NO animals left at that facility because it was closed for 24 hours. Does that mean animals there didn't get fed/watered/cleaned up? Not too many things make me break down and bawl but that sure did bother me A LOT! There are people in this world today that should NOT be taking up space that KIND people need.
    I hope that kenny makes it and I'm going to bet that they'll be overwhelmed with offers to adopt him.
    Please can someone keep us updated?
    Thanks!

I wonder if the SPCA will be investigating the Buffalo Animal Control people. Having had dealings in the past with them I would not be surprised if they were full of it when they claimed the dog kept running away. That department is full of incompetent people.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreOfTheSame View Post
    I wonder if the SPCA will be investigating the Buffalo Animal Control people. Having had dealings in the past with them I would not be surprised if they were full of it when they claimed the dog kept running away. That department is full of incompetent people.
    By the looks of that dog, not to mention the health of it, I highly doubt it could run.

Total BS, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreOfTheSame View Post
    What are Gina Browning's comments on this crime?
    She's supposed to be the "face" on the SPCA.
    And I GUARENTEE you that whoever is responsible for this poor dog's suffering will at MOST get a slap on the wrist.
    No jail time
    no fine
    no dismissal
    no reprimand
    NOTHING.

Remember.
    This is Buffalo where top officials and their brown-nose, boot-licking subordinates get away with S ALL the time.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

I believe Gina Browning is on vacation this week. That's why Barbara Carr has been in the spotlight on the situation.

When I saw his picture I burst into tears..I am the proud owner of 2 rescued dogs Latte & Ladybug who are not dogs to us but our family members..I hope the public outcry will force the powers that be to do the right thing here..I hope Red pulls through you can see the fear in his eyes.. that poor baby needs to be in my arms!
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J View Post
    When I saw his picture I burst into tears..I am the proud owner of 2 rescued dogs Latte & Ladybug who are not dogs to us but our family members..I hope the public outcry will force the powers that be to do the right thing here..I hope Red pulls through you can see the fear in his eyes.. that poor baby needs to be in my arms!
    I bet alot of people are lined up to adopt Red I would take him in a heartbeat
    but pretty sure he will be fine.Gonna take a ride over soon to the SPCA
    and adopt a dog.Like you said they are family members with unconditional love

the news was just on and the update on kenny the dog is he took a turn for the worse. i hope he can pull through

anyones neighbor

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    the news was just on and the update on kenny the dog is he took a turn for the worse. i hope he can pull through
    I heard that too and another channel said they found another dog, in a crate, left in a field or something. Everybody passed by, looked at it and went on. Dog was dead once someone called someone.
    B**tards! There should be a really really really strong penalty for anyone who would do this sort of thing.

Many people will be lining up to adopt this dog

Unfortunately most dogs with kidney disease die,

The vet should be censured

The people that owned this dog should be caned or otherwise publicly corporally punished. They would receive death threats if they were made public.

There are people all over the US that do not receive adequate or proper treatment because of lack of insurance.

Just my thoughts on this sad situation,

I guess the Bastard only takes care of Pitbulls.

I wish some people were as outraged and pro active in support of human children as they are about dogs.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information