Thread: What is all this mail about voting on spending tax money..

Question What is all this mail about voting on spending tax money..

for open space about? Supervisor Krieger sends out mail about how it would cost the tax payers 2.5 million and to vote NO. I didn't know that the Town's supervisor was suppose to guide the residents with tax payers paying for mailing on how to vote on a public referendum????
    Last edited by TheQ127; November 2nd, 2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: missed word

not paid for by taxpayers money it was paid for by opponents of open space plan

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mrburns View Post
    not paid for by taxpayers money it was paid for by opponents of open space plan
    So, a letter from Dwight Krieger, the town supervisor, paid for these mailing out of his pocket, OR, it was for by a group that doesn't want this and Mr. krieger may have to apply a vote for? Should he be allowed to vote for this? I realize that he has the right to speak on this mater via his position during a work session and or public meeting but as a "private citizen" who sends flyers to the public he serves to vote on this mater one way or another doesn't seem correct to me. He is supposed to have the citizens in mind when he governs, no mater his own opinion.

the town voted to put it up for referendum 4-1 with the supervisor saying he does not believe the taxpayer can afford it, and it was not needed,

two council people have been on literature saying vote yes like me, and the supervisor said vote no like me,

the positive literature for the referendum I am sure was paid for by the supporting groups, and the supervisors piece by the opposition,

none of the coucilmembers or supervisor, have a vote on the matter except in the voting booth, as it is a public referendum, they simple are stating their positions so members of the public know more about it.

the other two folks on the coucil have stayed quiet on their positions, but 2 of the canidates for council are against and 1 is for,

its an interesting fight and pretty passionite issue in Aurora, but I know there was a few articles, I think where a concerned citizen thought the town paid for the krieger mailer, but it had not so he clarified it,

I give him a lot of credit most elected officials would stay away from it then blame the referendum on higher taxes the next year as though it had nothing to do with his leadership, all of the electeds who took a position should be applauded and it will be interesting to see which one actually listened to the public tommorow evening when the numbers come in.

Thumbs up

So noted and thank you for the clarification, also for correcting me on the voting procedure involving a public referendum. Dwight and others who have publicly spoken out on the mater are brave political souls but with that being said, because of their knowledge, I now realize how I will be voting.
    Thank you!!

Bnar

Also remember that the Buffalo Niagara Association of Realtors out ot Amherst paid for all of the opposition literature including Kriegers.

Question So, what was the result of this?

Has anyone heard?

Thread Information