Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is swine flu a hoax?

Unregistered

is swine flu a hoax?

i wonder about this.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Something to keep the American Public's mind off of the economy and the fleecing of our hard earned money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    i wonder about this.
    YES! Considereing that only one person has died in the US, which was a illegal who came from mexico for treatment and already had immune problems, and over 30K people die every years from the flu, it's all bull****!!

Hey but atleast Obama has spent time praising BUSH over this!!!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    Do you mean to say that our current administration, lead by the great one himself, would possibly try to scare us about the flu, and try to distract us from the fact the the violence in Iraq is building? That April 09 was the deadliest month for US soldiers in the past 8 months?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    YES! Considereing that only one person has died in the US, which was a illegal who came from mexico for treatment and already had immune problems, and over 30K people die every years from the flu, it's all bull****!!

Hey but atleast Obama has spent time praising BUSH over this!!!
    i think the media put the fear into viewers. 3 days of breaking news. deadly virus outbreak.

Of course it's a hoax blown way out of proportion by the media. The main stream media are so heavily invested in Obama that they have to make it look as if he's had a success in something. As the death toll climbs in Iraq and the economy continues to stumble along the media have to make it look like he's accomplished something of value. Elsewise, the American people are going to wake up and realize that they've been sold a fraud. The history of Satish Mohan in Amherst and the developing recognition of "six sigma's " failure at the county level are instructive. By the way, how many people died of the flu in Mexico last year?

Hoax - Definitely not

Overblown by the media - Yes

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Hoax - Definitely not
    How is this not a bigger issue then let's say AIDS or diabetes? 1 person has died but how many die from those 2 ever year?

Tell you what when 1000 people die in the US from this, then we can start making a big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    How is this not a bigger issue then let's say AIDS or diabetes? 1 person has died but how many die from those 2 ever year?
    Hoax is not the right word. It is not a hoax.

Tell you what when 1000 people die in the US from this, then we can start making a big deal!
    Sure, wait till a bunch of people die, then get concerned.

You're such a dummy. Because, if the administration had down-played this, then 100 people died, you'd be the first to be screaming about it.

As I said earlier, it's been overplayed by the media. But, hoax is not the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Hoax is not the right word. It is not a hoax.

Sure, wait till a bunch of people die, then get concerned.

You're such a dummy. Because, if the administration had down-played this, then 100 people died, you'd be the first to be screaming about it.

As I said earlier, it's been overplayed by the media. But, hoax is not the right word.
    If 100 people died in a day yes i would, but if 100 died over a week or two i wouldn't care.

My point was their are bigger and BADDER things out there, the hours and hours of media coverage and Obama pres conf have been a waste!

I suppose it's not a "hoax" in the true sense because a few people actually do have the swine flu. But how is this different than any other strain of flu that's out there? So far the only documented death on US soil is a citizen of Mexico who was already infected and apparently had complicating health factors. That's what usually leads to flu related deaths. It's not the flu, it's the complicating health factors combined with the flu that cause the problems. As I said before, how many people died of flu in Mexico last year? All of that said, you must agree that it was comical last week to watch Obama's people scrambling to cover for the idiot, Joe Biden, after the Today Show debacle. Based on his advice, I've locked myself in my room, sealed all the windows and am holding my breath for the next six weeks. By that time my mental accuity should be the equivalent of the vice-president's.

I doubt it's a hoax, in the sense that I'm sure some people are getting sick with a new variant of flu virus

but the media is hyping it out of control though
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

It's not a hoax. A real disease that kills real people and infects thousands more is in no way a hoax.

And IMO, it was not overblown either. It's fine and dandy to use hindsight to say it was no big deal, but there were real reasons why this disease was a serious concern. It had, and still has, the potential to infect and kill people, and the extent of that is still unknown.

I've heard that the 1918 influenza that killed 40 million people also started as a less deadly strain early in the year, but then came back with a vengence several months later to kill millions.

If it was the other way around and people died while the govt and media made no warning, then everyone would be bitching about how they aren't doing their jobs. I'd rather have extra warning than no warning.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post

If it was the other way around and people died while the govt and media made no warning, then everyone would be bitching about how they aren't doing their jobs. I'd rather have extra warning than no warning.
    Of course, you are absolutely right. As run4it's signature says, they are just bitching by habit. Or, they are just grasping at straws at something to blame the Obama administration for.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Something to keep the American Public's mind off of the economy and the fleecing of our hard earned money.
    Good point but I thought that TV and other mindless entertainment venues served that purpose in addition to all the dividing social and other pointless proposals Congress & the rest of the clowns keep throwing at us (such as illegal immigration).

Wouldn't the news coverage be even MORE alarmist than its been if the intent was to get people SO worked up that they all but forgot about how bad the economy is?

And wouldn't the news about the flu go on for months at a time to keep us distracted long enough until "they" came up with something ELSE to distract us with?

Don't get me wrong-I KNOW its the ad agencies', media's, video game, electronic devices, Hollywood and others JOBS to keep us distracted-Just hasn't been enough "high level urgency" in the way the Swine Flu has been covered in the international;U.S. news.

As it stands, at THIS point I actually believe that (for reasons unknown) the media HELD BACK from the degree of sensationalism in which they COULD HAVE engaged in all this time;They could have worried us a helluva lot more than they HAVE and I'm not giving "them" ANY credit.

This is coming from someone who buys into SOME "conspiracy theories" (when there are too many unanswered questions and enough motive;Gain for respective parties) but don't worry-If the govt wants to scare the living @$# out of everyone to distract them from our diseased or possibly "terminal" economy our beloved govt will come right out and tell us to our faces that "OK, everybody. This disease _______ is the new Black Plague. "Be afraid. Be VERY afraid."

Really good thread topic though.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information