Thread: Supreme Court who would you like to see Obama pick

Supreme Court who would you like to see Obama pick

President Obama is soon going to have to pick a nominee for the Supreme Court. Their are rumors that he will pick a non judicial person who has "life experiences."

My suggestion for President Obama his nominee should be someone that won't upset the people that voted for him. President Obama should nominate "The Reverend Al Sharpton."

Reverend Al Sharpton would surly fill all the liberal qualifications needed to be a Supreme Court Judge. He is a social activist, a crusader for peoples rights, a defender for the downtrodden, Knows what it is like to be on the other side of the law and last but not least he would be great for interpreting and correcting the mistakes in our Constitution.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Unregistered
    What about Bill or Hillary? Wouldn't that push things over the edge?

I can do one better

Quote Originally Posted by Truthdetector View Post
    What about Bill or Hillary? Wouldn't that push things over the edge?
    I can do one better. How about Jesse Jackson? He has his nose into everything else.

Unregistered
    I wasn't thinking that low.....

Unregistered

David Duke

Now David Duke would be a great choice but he comes with some baggage. On second thought, baggage never bothered the present administration.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Now David Duke would be a great choice but he comes with some baggage. On second thought, baggage never bothered the present administration.
    But i think he paid all his taxes so he can't work for Obama.

I don't think he should limit his search to females or minorities like the liberal media wants him too. Find the most qualified candiate and pick that person, if it happens to be a white male so be it!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Sen. Jeff Sessions will replace cowardly turncoat Arlen Sphincter as the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary committee.
    A nominee must get at least one vote from each party to get it out of committee.

The leading rumored name is Sonia Sotomayor.
    A New Yawka.

Here is what the lib rag The New Republic has to say.
    http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.ht...3-04e10199a085

But despite the praise from some of her former clerks, and warm words from some of her Second Circuit colleagues, there are also many reservations about Sotomayor.

Some former clerks and prosecutors expressed concerns about her command of technical legal details: In 2001, for example, a conservative colleague, Ralph Winter, included an unusual footnote in a case suggesting that an earlier opinion by Sotomayor might have inadvertently misstated the law in a way that misled litigants.

The most controversial case in which Sotomayor participated is Ricci v. DeStefano, the explosive case involving affirmative action in the New Haven fire department, which is now being reviewed by the Supreme Court. A panel including Sotomayor ruled against the firefighters in a perfunctory unpublished opinion. This provoked Judge Cabranes, a fellow Clinton appointee, to object to the panel's opinion that contained "no reference whatsoever to the constitutional issues at the core of this case."

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Holocaust denier white supermecist David Duke?!
    And WHY is he still ALIVE?!

You DO realize, Surfing that David Duke would vote against any new civil right cases brought before the Supreme Court, right?

Why is he still alive?!

OK. Aside from nazi boy Duke, lemme think of REALISTIC choices, thank you, Surfing!!!

1) Oprah Winfrey to pay her back for making Obama a household word and she IS damned smart, cept I dont' THINK Winfrey would give up hundreds-of-millions a year income for power & prestige when she already has it!

2) Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or BOTH surgically attached at the hip-Just for laughs!

3) Arnold Schwarzenegger. "I vas govenah of Cauliflower now I ahm judge und if you don't like my decisions, den de hell mit you!!!"

4) Vin Diesel because he is an intellectual giant and would sway the court's decisions in key cases by scaring the hell out of the other judges!

5) Rush Lindbaugh as a show of bipartisan support (like IT would leave ITS $$$$$$$$ job!).

6) John Stuart or Stephen Colbert.

7) David Letterman;Would bring both life experiences and some badly-needed humor to the court.

8) Bill O' Reilly or Glenn Beck because the Supreme Court's diversity should include clinically insane people too.

9) Ann Coulter. Because witches are people too.

10) Flavor Flav.

11) Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock.

12) Judge Judy.

...WHY is David Duke still alive?
    Last edited by Dumbfounded; May 4th, 2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: inserted sentence
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    Holocaust denier white supermecist David Duke?!
    And WHY is he still ALIVE?!

You DO realize, Surfing that David Duke would vote against any new civil right cases brought before the Supreme Court, right?

Why is he still alive?!

OK. Aside from nazi boy Duke, lemme think of REALISTIC choices, thank you, Surfing!!!
    This is why.

Thread Information