Thread: 8yr old wife divorces 50yr old Husband

8yr old wife divorces 50yr old Husband

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30501798/
    "A court in the central Oneiza region previously rejected a request by the girl's mother for a divorce and ruled that the girl would have to wait until she reached puberty to file a petition then.

There are no laws in Saudi Arabia defining the minimum age for marriage. Though a woman's consent is legally required, some marriage officials don't seek it.............................But there has been a push by Saudi human rights groups to define the age of marriage and put an end to the phenomenon.

One Saudi human rights activist Sohaila Zain al-Abdeen was optimistic that the girl's divorce would help efforts to get a law passed enforcing a minimum marriage age of 18."

The US has stated for the record "The United States, a close ally of the conservative Muslim kingdom, has called child marriage a "clear and unacceptable" violation of human rights."
    This is ridiculous! we are allies with a country that allows IMO what is nothing more than child abuse.

Check this out:

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh...07/table46.htm

Get a load of the age 75+ brides who caught grooms in their late teens or twenties. Or the grooms who got much younger brides. Or the age 75+ couples who got married.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I'm in no way justifying way underage marriage, but you might find this interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1 View Post
    Check this out:

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh...07/table46.htm

Get a load of the age 75+ brides who caught grooms in their late teens or twenties. Or the grooms who got much younger brides. Or the age 75+ couples who got married.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1 View Post
    I'm in no way justifying way underage marriage, but you might find this interesting.
    Wasn't ignoring you, was out of town without a computer connection. Your link is interesting to say the least. I actually don't fault either sex for marrying someone much younger. I just think that arranged marriages between adults and children is unconscionable. If someone over the age of lets say 17 decides FOR THEMSELVES that they wish to marry, I say whatever comes from it, comes from it. It's just the idea of an 8 yr old!!

Thread Information