Thread: Lancaster creates Deputy Highway Superintendent position

Lancaster creates Deputy Highway Superintendent position

The Lancaster Town Board created a position as Deputy Highway Superintendent and appointed Crew Chief Louis Cacciotti. The position is in addition to his regular duties and there will be no increase in salary. He will still be entitled to overtime and as Supervisor Giza declared in the work session 'with overtime, he makes more than the Highway Superintendent."

With the suspension of Highway Superintendent Richard Reese, the position was created to allow for continuance of payroll and purchase vouchers expenditures; "authorized to exercise all the authorities and responsibilities of that office pursuant to Town Law Sec. 32.

Talking Who is he related too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    The Lancaster Town Board created a position as Deputy Highway Superintendent and appointed Crew Chief Louis Cacciotti. The position is in addition to his regular duties and there will be no increase in salary. He will still be entitled to overtime and as Supervisor Giza declared in the work session 'with overtime, he makes more than the Highway Superintendent."

With the suspension of Highway Superintendent Richard Reese, the position was created to allow for continuance of payroll and purchase vouchers expenditures; "authorized to exercise all the authorities and responsibilities of that office pursuant to Town Law Sec. 32.
    What is his linkage too any board member or who's cousin is he linked with??? The question has to be asked. Just like the new girl in the Clerks office is going out with the Recreation Super. Got to be related or a butt kisser, taxpayers don't have the choice!!!!!!!!

whos who??????

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post

What is his linkage too any board member or who's cousin is he linked with??? The question has to be asked. Just like the new girl in the Clerks office is going out with the Recreation Super. Got to be related or a butt kisser, taxpayers don't have the choice!!!!!!!!

Well Sir,
    You can go to the Erie County Board of Elections - acquire a list of Lancasters registered Democrats and or whats known as the "Prime Voter List."

Then You get the list of the Controlling Lancaster Democratic Party Committee and members.

Now, cross reference those with the Highway Department - Parks Department - Summer Jobs Programs -Town Hall - Senior Center - Depew Boys and Girls Club, School Employees and you will have a good starting place.

If you have the time and energy - compare those names to who the Town Purchases from -

Then in many cases look through the year books at St.Mary's school - many of the same names appear there.

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post

This individual has close if not more than 40 years as a highway employee. With this number in mind, it can be accurately stated that:

1. he preceeded any of the currently elected town officials.

2. he was the first and for 20 years or so the only foreman working for the highway department.

3. his political preference is a moot point.

4. see the above 1 to 3, he is the most qualified individual to take charge of the day to day operations of the highway department.

5. if he choose to run, he would be the most qualified candidate to be highway superintendant.

Wink Politics shouldnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by TTDeathInLan View Post
    This individual has close if not more than 40 years as a highway employee. With this number in mind, it can be accurately stated that:

1. he preceeded any of the currently elected town officials. (not factually correct)

2. he was the first and for 20 years or so the only foreman working for the highway department.(well almost)

3. his political preference is a moot point. ( Politics should have nothing to do with hiring Town Employees - its a fact it does - it has been - so your insinuating that neither he or his family are "Connected to the Lancaster Democratic Committee/Party ? ! )

4. see the above 1 to 3, he is the most qualified individual to take charge of the day to day operations of the highway department. ( That could be so - now that they stabbed Mr.Reese.)

5. if he choose to run,(I dont think he did run and let the Voters decide - did we miss something??) he would be the most qualified candidate to be highway superintendant.
    (In your opinion and maybe that of the Controlling majority Employment Agency - but not by Popular vote as Mr.Reese was.)

I truly have no grudge against the man - Just those who control such a corrupt system and those who turn a blind eye.

Mr. Cacciotti is qualified for the created position. It has nothing to do with patronage.

However, hawkeye's and 4248 inferences that patronage exists, and in fact is rampant in Lancaster, are true. But then what should you expect from a one-party town where that party annihilates its competition by infiltrating other minor parties and absorbing them into their party, or by strong-arm, intimidation tactics.

Combined, the town and school public sector, their friends and family vote religiously to keep the status quo in place. Why would they vote to change anything that could jeopardize their entitlements and that would lead to them to share in the economic pain?

School Board president Ken Graber was quoted as saying, “everyone in the school district sacrificed.” Tell me please how the school staff has sacrificed. Their contracts are up this year. Will they be willing to make concessions for the kids and taxpayers? Will they make a concession only to have something given in return? We shall see. Until then, don’t tell me they have made any sacrifices.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    (In your opinion and maybe that of the Controlling majority Employment Agency - but not by Popular vote as Mr.Reese was.)

I truly have no grudge against the man - Just those who control such a corrupt system and those who turn a blind eye.
    Everything I mentioned in my post was accurate. The foreman was working for the highway dept for approx. 40 years. 40 years ago the town supervisor and all councilpeople did not have any elected positions with the town.

The highway dept. functioned with only the Highway Superintendant and this foreman. The additional 2 foreman positions were not created until the current highway Superintendant was elected. NO I am not infering ANYTHING!

In regards to this foreman being the most qualified to run for election for superintendant, this is my perspective. I am not implying anything else. I do believe however that the handwriting is on the wall. The current Superintendant will not be endorsed by the party in power.

The current Supervisor will not gain any other party endorsement, either. He already jumped ship. Just as you refered to yourself, this fellow will fad away.

Lightbulb Yes your correct

As I stated - I have nothing personal against Mr.Cacciotti - he probably is fully deserving of his job and I never questioned his ability. That said:

I believe the injustice is in how this "appointment" came about. Mr.Reese did the wise thing when he left the Republican Party - then ran under the Democratic Banner.

He said from day one, "I am here for the Job - not the Politics." Smart move considering the Lancaster Republican Party fell apart - he had no other choice if he wanted to keep working for the Town.

Unfortunately the "Politics" is what was used to stab him in the back. I don't fault Mr.Lat---o or anyone else who uses the "Party Game Rules" to secure a job. This is the way people are forced to behave because of a corrupt system.

Your also right when you say, Mr.Reese will fade away - he has no choice - he doesn't have "vocal supporters" within his current Party - he doesn't have "vocal supporters" outside of Town Government - no one wants to stick their necks out - no one wants the harassment that comes along with opposing the "Controlling Majority Party"

I had, for some reason thought more residents would stand up - but its like everything else when it concerns Lancaster. Supervisor Giza feeds the media - he tell the residents its their fault and when he says there be no talk about Mr.Reese, there will be none except from his Committee's side of the aisle.

Thread Information