Thread: Galleria Mall Charges For Gift Cards?? What The.....

Galleria Mall Charges For Gift Cards?? What The.....

Unbelievable just unbelievabel. Galleria Mall now charges up to four dollars to get a mall gift card. Why the heck should anyone pay to get a gift card that is like cash that will be spent inside the mall at any store there???? Could someone please explain to me the logic in charging to get a gift at the mall????

Businesses are getting to be impossible to deal with these days. I should pay to shop at their mall using their gift card. Needless to say I verbally expressed my opinion of such an outragious "new" practice to the customer service clerk. The only type of gift card I will be giving from the Galleria mall is a email lashing to the Pyramid group that own the mall. Unbelievable........ And here I thought Fandango was nuts for charging per ticket request. Yea I am going to pay over 8 bucks for the movie ticket then a fee to get the movie ticket reserved online.... then if I feel stupid enough to buy anything at the concession stand pay $5.04 cents for a small Bag of popcord then $4.xx for a small soda........ Needless to say I still uphold my policy of if I buy the popcord there then I sneak in my own soda...... Oh watch it people Regal now has rent a cops lurking around.

TimeOut Chair
    ---------------------------
    Walden Galleria is currently in the process of implementing an exciting new gift card program. On-line orders are temporarily unable to be fulfilled. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact Walden Galleria Customer Service desk at 716-681-7600 ext.110 with any questions.
    -----------------------------

Re: Galleria Mall Charges For Gift Cards?? What The.....

Originally posted by concernedwnyer
    Unbelievable just unbelievabel. Galleria Mall now charges up to four dollars to get a mall gift card. Why the heck should anyone pay to get a gift card that is like cash that will be spent inside the mall at any store there???? Could someone please explain to me the logic in charging to get a gift at the mall????

Businesses are getting to be impossible to deal with these days. I should pay to shop at their mall using their gift card. Needless to say I verbally expressed my opinion of such an outragious "new" practice to the customer service clerk. The only type of gift card I will be giving from the Galleria mall is a email lashing to the Pyramid group that own the mall. Unbelievable........ And here I thought Fandango was nuts for charging per ticket request. Yea I am going to pay over 8 bucks for the movie ticket then a fee to get the movie ticket reserved online.... then if I feel stupid enough to buy anything at the concession stand pay $5.04 cents for a small Bag of popcord then $4.xx for a small soda........ Needless to say I still uphold my policy of if I buy the popcord there then I sneak in my own soda...... Oh watch it people Regal now has rent a cops lurking around.

I got a flare for flamemail. If you give me the email address, I promise you, I will write them a classic. Not that I am particularly as outraged at this as you, but it is pretty stupid. I'll even forward the copy to you with their reply, if they do reply to it.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

I shop in the City of Buffalo. Some stores give bonuses for buying their "gift" certificates and cards.

BF

Yeah... I have no doubt they're going to lose a lot of business this year on gift cards. I've heard this complaint from other family members that used to buy them every year, and they're refusing to this year. Stupid idea on the mall's part.

Thread Information