Thread: We Need More Proof, Kevin - Michael R. Caputo

Tony Fracasso - Admin

We Need More Proof, Kevin - Michael R. Caputo

We Need More Proof, Kevin - Michael R. Caputo

Falling behind on your taxes is a lot easier than paying. And if you run for public office, your tax debt is fair game. In fact, a $28,000 debt to the federal Internal Revenue Service has stalled Democrat Comptroller candidate Kevin Gaughan’s campaign. And it should.

Gaughan says he is paid up, but he's lied about that before. Even if voters are in a forgiving mood, an October 7th People for Gaughan bounced check should give further concern about the perennial candidate’s ability to keep the County’s books. He can’t keep his own.
    http://politicsny.net/feature.php?id....UWRwZ9uO.dpbs

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is the best part of the article...

PoliticsNY.net has obtained a letter from Joan Adams, an Erie County Democratic Committeewoman and president of the Cedargrove Action Committee. She tells the story of how Gaughan invited her and many other activists to a local restaurant in 2010 to discuss downsizing Cheektowaga over coffee. He gave his spiel, then left in a hurry. The group departed, only to be stopped by their waitress. Gaughan had left without paying the bill.
    Mrs Adams,

Why would the group think someone else was going to pay for what they had?

According to Adams, all the attendees thought Gaughan had paid for the coffee and sodas since he had called the meeting. The whole group had to stand at the cash register, digging through their pockets and purses. “It was totally humiliating,” she wrote. She doesn't mince words about her party's candidate:
    Why is it humiliating to pay for what you drank?

Now he wants to be our Comptroller and watch over our county tax dollars? No thank you. I am a proud Democrat and a committeewoman and want no part of this man anywhere near County Hall. I am not the only one here in Cheektowaga who feels this way.
    I'm pretty sure the only lever the group pulls come election time is the "D" lever.

Here is another thought. I wonder if the group would have gone if they weren't assuming they were getting free coffee/munchies out of the deal.

I wonder if the group supports the Cheektowaga Democratic Party. The group that has given our town some of the HIGHEST property taxes in Erie County. Perhaps if our property taxes weren't so high the group would not have an issue paying for a cup of coffee.

I hate to say it (no I don't) but "I told you so"

This "Loss" is a "Win Win" for the Dem Committee Snakes !

They throw the guy to the wolfs and they rid themselves of him. Mr.Gaughn has been a thorn in there sides - he advocates "Smaller Government" - he has helped reduce the size of local Town Boards - he has done this by introducing pure factual information and allowing voters/taxpayers to choose/vote.

Who in their right mind would believe they would allow him to even get close. The Committee used his money to fund other candidates - they used his naiveté to persuade him to trust them - then they plant the nonissue stories to burry him.

One can only hope the Voters stand true and vote to support Mr.Gaughn. This will give us all a advocate for change and send a clear message to the Dem Committee tricksters.

Yet one would have to wonder if he could be effective given the fact he has actually tied his future to the Dem Com Control Agency?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

This guy is the ultimate dirtbag. I thought he started on a good path, analyzing budgets and trying to make sense of some of them and educate taxpayers on where their money was going.

Then he went on his self-promotion tour with his downsizing that really had no effect on any budgets. The only thing it did was lead to poor decisions and even poorer government. Our system is based on checks and balances, and now he took that away by effectively putting two people in charge of 10s of millions of dollars. Two people who need no other qualifications than being popular in their respective town or city.

As far as Gaughan himself, he has parlayed that name recognition into multiple runs for public office, trying to become the very "parasite" he has identified as our enemy. Then, for good measure, he takes his campaign funds, some given to him by hard working people who were misguided by his nonsense, and pays himself a salary as his own campaign consultant.

Adding insult to injury, he doesn't even bother to pay any taxes on the income that he "stole." (Isn't that what they got Al Capone for?) Worse, he then blames it on having to care for his ailing mother? Pathetic. Has anyone asked: If he was caring for his ailing mother, and therefore couldn't work to generate income, why did he have a tax problem? No income, no problem, right? Actually, he just didn't pay his taxes, probably figuring he was owed that for all the work he did on behalf of the people (sic).

In his latest ill-fated run for office, he wants us to put him in charge of 1.4 billion tax dollars. No F-in' way, I say! Besides lying about the amount he owed, he hasn't stated where he got the money from to pay it back all of a sudden. He has been stealing from this community while pretending to be a lawyer and I wish he would just go away. But alas, as long as the Buffalo News and Donn Esmonde are around, he will have a place to pilfer.

Finally, he has tried to establish himself as a "financial attorney"? What the hell is that? And I thought he couldn't work because of his ailing mother and his downsizing service to our community, so he wasn't practicing. Which is it? He is nothing but a phony.

The best part is that his campaign is even bouncing checks: http://www.elections.ny.gov:8080/rep...saction_code=F
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Did Caputo ever get paid by Carl?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This is the best part of the article...

Mrs Adams,

Why would the group think someone else was going to pay for what they had?

Why is it humiliating to pay for what you drank?

I'm pretty sure the only lever the group pulls come election time is the "D" lever.

Here is another thought. I wonder if the group would have gone if they weren't assuming they were getting free coffee/munchies out of the deal.

I wonder if the group supports the Cheektowaga Democratic Party. The group that has given our town some of the HIGHEST property taxes in Erie County. Perhaps if our property taxes weren't so high the group would not have an issue paying for a cup of coffee.
    Res, I was invited to and went to this meeting too. He called this meeting and we expected a private room since there were around 25 of us. The restaurant had no idea we were coming and they scrambled to accommodate us. He invited us so he could pitch his spiel on down-sizing and wanted us to get signatures on petitions for downsizing. So, yeah, I thought the coffee was on him.
    And ya know.. you like to group the democrats into one big pile, a pile that only votes dem. Guess what? you are wrong. Since Joan Adams doesn't like Gaughn (D), I guess she isn't going to vote for him and will have to go with something other than "D." Same goes for me.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

His federal tax lien never even showed up on the Erie county records site, which is odd. Another person running for elective office had a $271,000 fed tax lien in Dec 2010 and a tax lien release in May of 2011 which shows on county records. Why doesn't Gaughan's? Did he set up a payment plan before it became a lien?

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    Res, I was invited to and went to this meeting too. He called this meeting and we expected a private room since there were around 25 of us. The restaurant had no idea we were coming and they scrambled to accommodate us. He invited us so he could pitch his spiel on down-sizing and wanted us to get signatures on petitions for downsizing. So, yeah, I thought the coffee was on him.
    And ya know.. you like to group the democrats into one big pile, a pile that only votes dem. Guess what? you are wrong. Since Joan Adams doesn't like Gaughn (D), I guess she isn't going to vote for him and will have to go with something other than "D." Same goes for me.
    Don't assume. That is all I'm saying.

I have to group the democrats into one large pile. Push comes to shove a group will stick together even when it isn't in the best interest of our community. All you have to do is review the last 50+ years of local history to see it.

Dems of a feather flock together

The only reason this is happening is "Party Politics" - the Dems lured him in and back stabbed him. One could almost believe its not true - but anyone who has ever been close to them know - this is a common tactic.

I am quite sure there are many Elected and appointed officials that have tax liens - back taxes and bankruptcies.

Ed Rakowski was so cheap he would invite people to a restaurant and he didn't pay either - as a matter of fact he would share his wife's meal. - He was touted as being "Thrifty" -

This whole assassination shows just how the Dem Committee works - if your loyal "Party Line Voters" understood this they would be hard pressed to excuse it.

But then again - its not a "Party" anymore - according to your main stream media the label Democrat is a "Brand" -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So what is the point of pushing Kevin against Stephan then? They could have brought up any tax issues anytime he was pushing downsizing town boards. Kevin can easily let people know it is the Erie County Democrats who tend to push for more and more spending which increases what we pay in taxes. It is factual. Correct me if I am mistaken.

The www.ecdems.com support monopolistic labor practices and laws which cause people to flee Erie County. It is factual. Just look at what the Cheektowaga Democratic Party did in our town. We have some of the highest property taxes in Erie County. It is factual. Correct me if I am wrong. On average in our www.ecdems.com controlled locality taxes have gone up on average. YES there are election years where you see a tiny tiny decrease but on average spending increases. If you don't believe me just go to www.seethroughny.com and look for yourself. DO NOT take my word for it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So as more comes to light about Kevin and tax issues what do you think it going through Jeremy's head?

He is still going forward supporting Kevin for comptroller.

October 30, 2013 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm

Where:
    The Saturn Club
    977 Delaware Avenue
    Buffalo,NY 14209

Cost: $50/Person, $75/Couple, $500/Sponsor

Gaughan also has a history of flawed and dubious analytical skills:

http://www.thecost.org/BuffaloNews_G...lesoranges.pdf
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3836.shtml

And Res when people brought up his mishandling of money in the context of the West Seneca downsizing you stated:

You both are a little ridiculous. DT and Woody. Why? You make a comment about him mishandling money yet the people he wants to downsize mishandle our money. I think going to 3 total votes in WS might be a little too downsized but you both should read what your posting.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Shows you I am consistent in my views. At least I think I am DT.

I think if you review some of my posts about down sizing I said 3 are too few. I was comfortable with 5.

Thread Information