Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While checking out facebook I spoted a comment from Mickey Kearns

Tony Fracasso - Admin

While checking out facebook I spoted a comment from Mickey Kearns

I spotted this comment on Mickey Kearns face book page.

Michael P. Kearns
    Currently, I am on a listening tour and considering a run for Mayor of Buffalo. Please give me your insights on how we can improve Buffalo.
    His facebook page

What would everyone expect from the next Mayor of Buffalo?

I like his friends list
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I like his friends list
    Unfortunately, she hasn't looked that good for at least 5 years. Although maybe we should ask SM what he thinks.

Although I think he is doing a good job, I'm more impressed with the fight against FEMA (flood insurance).

If not for him (single handedly) walking door to door getting petitions, FEMA would have never changed the zone. He has shown the propensity to fight for sincere causes, (flood zone, red light cameras, Alphabet Soup Companies, etc) and would be an enormous improvement over the current loser.

Erkel Brown has never lifted a finger for the residents of this city. Not one of his supporters can name an actual project or program that he has spearheaded, either creating enormous efficiencies or directly saving taxpayers money.
    • Overtime at the BFD shows major incompetence, Penska talking about it does nothing to change the ineffective leadership.
    • Farm on the Eastside side shows his inability to adapt, even though I'm critical of ownership rights, he should have found an alternative way to seek a compromise.
    • Spending more money on the Broadway Market without a plan is stupidity at best. It's a political ploy to gain favor in a distressed area.
    • Lack of leadership permeates throughout all of the departments. Where is his outspoken stance on residency?
    • Economic development. There hasn't been one major project or several small projects which didn't start during Masiello, that he can lay his hat on.
    • Where are the consolidation of services, buildings, employees?
    • Where are the tax savings to residents with 3 straight years of record surpluses?
    • Where is his outspoken criticisms on NYPA, ECIDA, NFTA, etc?
    • Where is his outspoken criticisms of Gov. Paterson, Antoine Thompson and Bill Stachowski on the budget process?
    Blind incompetency is at the root of this administration. If not for the control board he (Brown) would be ousted as the worst mayor in Buffalo history.

Unregistered
    funny. April 2, 2008. http://higgins.house.gov/newsroom_AR...652_PG_4.shtml

Last year (2007), Congressman Higgins uncovered a 1972 study from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which said flatly that if the City of Buffalo undertook certain flood mitigation efforts that those mitigations would “protect the floodplain from a stage having an recurrence interval of 100 years.” Because the City of Buffalo and neighboring municipalities had already completed all of the flood mitigation measures proscribed in the 1972 report and more mitigation efforts, the Congressman wrote to FEMA and demanded a revision of the flood maps for South Buffalo and Kaisertown, which would lift the onerous flood insurance requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    Oh here we go with the handbook moron. Look I really don't need to rehash this with someone like you, but Higgins did absolutely nothing.

Unregistered
    June 26, 2006
    http://higgins.house.gov/newsroom_AR...37_PG_10.shtml

Congressman Higgins Announces Plans To Remove Buffalo as a Federal Floodplain Designated Site

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I like his friends list
    Mary still looks great to me , I'll bet better then 95% of the ladies on this MB......... & 100& of the guys !!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Bottom line , Fontana & Kearns got FEMA to basically dissolve the flood plain , not Higgins , Higgins likes to talk , but doesn't ever do or accomplish anything , like he still talks about the gouging we suffered regarding the higher gas prices here in WNY the past couple of years , but what has he DONE ABOUT IT ? NOTHING !! Kearns & Fontana DID take thousands OUT of the flood plain , saving families thousands of dollars , the same insurance dollars that NEVER are paid out to people with flood insurance anyways ! I think they still care about their districts & the people , haven't been bastardized by Washington , DC's politics........
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    Bottom line , Fontana & Kearns got FEMA to basically dissolve the flood plain , not Higgins ,
    on channel 2: 2 years ago. http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=46428

Congressman Brian Higgins did write to FEMA, asking the agency to remove the City of Buffalo from the designated floodplain.

A FEMA representative wrote back, stating the agency would consider the request, and asked for as much documentation as possible to back up the position to remove South Buffalo and Kaisertown from the floodplain.

That's one of the reasons why Council members Kearns and Fontana conducted an extensive study on the floodplain, and the people who are paying for extra insurance.

Unregistered
    bottom line. brian introduced by voting against the bill in congress. FEMA needed more. mickey and richie provided more.

the "link" you posted mentioned that yes , indeed Higgins did write a letter , but FEMA stated to get as much info as possible , thus WHO did ALL the heavy lifting & homework , & leg work ? Kearns & Fontana , not Higgins............

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    the "link" you posted mentioned that yes , indeed Higgins did write a letter , but FEMA stated to get as much info as possible , thus WHO did ALL the heavy lifting & homework , & leg work ? Kearns & Fontana , not Higgins............
    higgins voted against the bill in congress. higgins announced removing areas in flood plains. wrote fema. fema said they wanted more. mickey & richie provided more. flood issue resolved. brian began the crusade. i heard brian talking about the flood plains before mickey was elected. nothing from richie until after brian became outspoken. nothing before brian voted against the bill.

You gotta be kidding?

higgins voted against the bill in congress. higgins announced removing areas in flood plains. wrote fema. fema said they wanted more. mickey & richie provided more. flood issue resolved. brian began the crusade. i heard brian talking about the flood plains before mickey was elected. nothing from richie until after brian became outspoken. nothing before brian voted against the bill.
    So two guys work for the people, mobilize them, get it together. The congressman sees a few votes and realizes that someone might be gettin more popular in his stomping grounds so he "votes no" and issues a press release and that qualifies him for sainthood?

Flood insurance has been a hot issue for the last 40 years (or more), so Brian did not begin the crusade. Thankfully something finally got done.

And before you say that he (higgins) finally got it done - remember this: he was a councilman, comptroller candidate, assemblyman and god knows what else for many years before getting elected to congress and voting "no." Where was he before then?

I have no beef with Higgins, just think credit should go where credit is due...Kearns and Fontana for DOING the work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information