Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: While checking out facebook I spoted a comment from Mickey Kearns

Quote Originally Posted by lasurvivor View Post
    so two guys work for the people, mobilize them, get it together. The congressman sees a few votes and realizes that someone might be gettin more popular in his stomping grounds so he "votes no" and issues a press release and that qualifies him for sainthood?

Flood insurance has been a hot issue for the last 40 years (or more), so brian did not begin the crusade. Thankfully something finally got done.

And before you say that he (higgins) finally got it done - remember this: He was a councilman, comptroller candidate, assemblyman and god knows what else for many years before getting elected to congress and voting "no." where was he before then?

I have no beef with higgins, just think credit should go where credit is due...kearns and fontana for doing the work!
    amen !!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    So two guys work for the people, mobilize them, get it together. The congressman sees a few votes and realizes that someone might be gettin more popular in his stomping grounds so he "votes no" and issues a press release and that qualifies him for sainthood?

Flood insurance has been a hot issue for the last 40 years (or more), so Brian did not begin the crusade. Thankfully something finally got done.

And before you say that he (higgins) finally got it done - remember this: he was a councilman, comptroller candidate, assemblyman and god knows what else for many years before getting elected to congress and voting "no." Where was he before then?

I have no beef with Higgins, just think credit should go where credit is due...Kearns and Fontana for DOING the work!
    i'm not unhappy about the issue being resolved. i made the point it was not one man alone who got it done. not mickey single handedly like someone wrote. it was a group working together. chuckie was in there too. byron for the city. mickey and richie on a local level. brian and chuckie on a higher level. they all played a valuable role.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    i'm not unhappy about the issue being resolved. i made the point it was not one man alone who got it done. not mickey single handedly like someone wrote. it was a group working together. chuckie was in there too. byron for the city. mickey and richie on a local level. brian and chuckie on a higher level. they all played a valuable role.
    Look **** for brains, if it weren't for Mickey and Fontana, Erkel would have sat on his ass along with chuckie and the rest of the moronic individuals you so honorably mentioned.

The question remains, where the hell were those idiots before Kearns came along, even Fontana?

Brown was a former Councilmember/State Senator, Fontana has been sitting as a councilmember for how long? Brian (as someone else mentioned has been in politics since he was born. Schumer has been a senator for three terms (12 years).

The flood issue has been around since Griffin. Yet nothing happened until.......yep you guessed it, Kearns joined the council. Coincidence afraid not, he was the one who started it, the other bozos were in it for the ride.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here is one thing I noticed.. Most elected officials (the regulars long timers) talk a lot and have no results...

We are looking into this...

We are conducting a study...

We are forming a committee...

And so on.

Why do we pay them so much just to talk? In the private sector you have to show results....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information