Thread: Baseball project at Westwood

Baseball project at Westwood

As a person who enjoys Westwood park on a regular basis, I have been extremely impressed with the construction firm that is building the Sports Complex. They have done a great job by keeping the site clean/clear at all times. I have never seen a construction site so impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    As a person who enjoys Westwood park on a regular basis, I have been extremely impressed with the construction firm that is building the Sports Complex. They have done a great job by keeping the site clean/clear at all times. I have never seen a construction site so impeccable.
    That's really good news

Georgia L Schlager

Structure is going up, it looks better than I thought!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    A year from now. I can't believe that my taxes are increasing!!!! I can't believe what it cost to live in Lancaster!!! Blau Blau Blau..

Westwood Park has turned into nothing more than a "sports complex".....
    It's a shame really. I would rather see that no more trees are torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    A year from now. I can't believe that my taxes are increasing!!!! I can't believe what it cost to live in Lancaster!!! Blau Blau Blau..
    But Westy you don't understand - its bad if we don't want it - yet if we can relate to its use its a great deal for all

We pick and choose whats good and bad - we don't "Hold the Line" - why would we not get our fare share ?

Last point - its our guy doing it so its OK -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

That is the kicker. A item is bad when the other person is doing it but good if "our" person is doing it. Neither group builds any credibility in what they say because they look two faced.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    But Westy you don't understand - its bad if we don't want it - yet if we can relate to its use its a great deal for all

We pick and choose whats good and bad - we don't "Hold the Line" - why would we not get our fare share ?

Who is our guy?

Are you referring to those who sponsored the resolutions below.

Who is our guy when every town board member expressed there were risks involved with the project, where it took 10 months to appove a site plan, and where every town board member approved every respolution proposal set before it. The public had the opportunity to speak 6 times in opposition to the project and at the numerous town board and work session plans, and no one did.

Examine the names of the individuals sponsoring the resolutions and then tell me 'who is the our guy'? It must be Fudoli right? He's the Supervisor, he has the hammer to veto the other four town board members. He supported the project. It happened under his watch! He's the our guy, right?

Town Board Meeting Agenda
    November 19, 2012
    Meeting No. 33

12. Ruffino/ ________ Authorize Agreement Lancaster Depew Baseball League, Inc. Re: Indoor Baseball Training Facility At Westwood Park [Westwood Park]

May 6, 2013
    Meeting No. 14

16. Ruffino/ _______ Supervisor To Execute Agreement Russell J. Salvatore, Basil 5. Ruffino _____ _ Execute Agreement Lancaster Depew Baseball League Re: Indoor Baseball Training Facility [Indoor Baseball Training

May 20, 2013
    Meeting No. 16

7. Stempniak/ ______ Approve Site Plan Indoor Baseball Facility

June 17, 2013
    Meeting No. 19

17. Ruffino/________ Request Bids For Lancaster Depew Baseball (LDB) Indoor Baseball Training Facility [Indoor Baseball Training Facility]

July 15, 2013
    Meeting No. 23

15. Ruffino/ _______ Award Contracts For Construction Of Lancaster Depew Baseball Indoor Baseball Training Facility To Building Innovation Group Inc, Allied Mechanical, Weydman Electrical Inc & Ackerman Plumbing Inc [Lancaster Depew Baseball Indoor Baseball Training Facility]

1. It is the developers who pay the Parks & Recreation fees. It is public money in that the residents are the town. That said using the money from the Parks & Rec. department for this project does not impact the budget and the tax obligation that results.

That was said by Supervisor Fudoli and agreeed upon by the other four Lancaster town board members. You can't get your arms around that so you have to spin it and say that it is still taxpayer money in that redident's who buy new houses pay for that fee. It has been that way since dvelopers are no longer compelled to build pocket parks and leave greenspace.

2. Don't sweat it. You don't live in Lancaster.

That is the kicker. A item is bad when the other person is doing it but good if "our" person is doing it. Neither group builds any credibility in what they say because they look two faced.
    Hey Westy:

The Lancaster Town Board worked on this in unison and came to a decision that this was in the best interest of the community. In other words, the right thing to do. There was no other person.

Speaking of other guy, please keep Frank Max in your town. He is starting to put his slimy paws into the Lancaster Democratic Party workings and they have a few goofballs in their committee already. I have been to only two fundraisers in my life. The last one was freebie, an invite from a Democratic Party friend of mine several years ago. Frank was addressing the crowd and he disturbingly said to them: "The candidates we have running this yera may not be the best candidates, the most qualified, but they are our candidates." He had hand picked the candidates. What a guy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Hey Westy:

The Lancaster Town Board worked on this in unison and came to a decision that this was in the best interest of the community. In other words, the right thing to do. There was no other person.

Speaking of other guy, please keep Frank Max in your town. He is starting to put his slimy paws into the Lancaster Democratic Party workings and they have a few goofballs in their committee already. I have been to only two fundraisers in my life. The last one was freebie, an invite from a Democratic Party friend of mine several years ago. Frank was addressing the crowd and he disturbingly said to them: "The candidates we have running this yera may not be the best candidates, the most qualified, but they are our candidates." He had hand picked the candidates. What a guy.
    You get what you get with the www.ecdems.com. He is part of that group.

Thread Information