Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Everyone have a nice Thanksgiving. I'm going to southern Ohio, now.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Have a good trip.

Go buy some cheap gas

have a safe & happy trip!

Happy Thanksgiving stevenco

Originally posted by Night Owl
    Have a good trip.
    Thanks. I will.

Unregistered
    Stevenco .. have a safe trip.

I'm heading down to NYC today.

My kids asked to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We'll be huddled in Times Square

Everyone Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Get Turkey! gobble,gobble

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    Happy Bird Day to you all.

The Wall Street Jounal runs a traditional Thanksgiving editorial tomorrow. Same one for the past fifty plus years.

One of the great lines of all time, "Though many know it not, America is one of the great undeveloped countries of the world; what she reaches for exceeds by far what she has already grasped."

A quiet, warm, happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

And, I hope no one is offended by knowing that, if, I am on this MB on Thursday nite, it will be with my pants unbuttoned.

Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Day Proclamation:

WHEREAS it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favour; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a DAY OF PUBLICK THANSGIVING and PRAYER, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

NOW THEREFORE, I do recommend and assign THURSDAY, the TWENTY-SIXTH DAY of NOVEMBER next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed;-- for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish Constitutions of government for our sasety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted;-- for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge;-- and, in general, for all the great and various favours which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also, that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions;-- to enable us all, whether in publick or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us); and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

GIVEN under my hand, at the city of New-York, the third day of October, in the year of our Lord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-nine.

(signed) G. Washington

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Happy Thanksgiving to all readers!

To anyone who is travelling travel safe! and be careful! Whats with snow storms when we all need to go over the river and through the woods?

I'm hoping to get snowed in with all the food in my house and spending a nice long weekend relaxing. two feet of snow would be just the right excuse to sit down and watch the many football games in my nice big warm suburban house .enjoying the warm glow of the fire place.
    MY grandchildren are already here I have already cooked one turkey and will soon start the second. six pies (all scratch built and different) old fashioned bread stuffing, home made cranberry sauce honey from the hive home grown yams sweat potatoes corn peas beans and beets.
    PS the turkeys are fresh killed from my uncles farm
    rolls and bread are rising now by the registers I will bake them tomorrow so they a warm when served. home made cider I even made root beer for the kids .Ma Made her famous home made ice creams and custard. yah it was decide to go old fashioned this year even the milk is fresh from the cow. nothing will be allowed that is not home made.
    Never knew it was so hard to make pretzels and potato chips but we did it. you should try this the grand kids love cooking We let them help with everything including the gardening
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

LHardy:

Thanks for the Proclamation.

It's printed out and sitting on our Thanksgiving table.

Smile Good Reception

Originally posted by biker
    LHardy:

Thanks for the Proclamation.

It's printed out and sitting on our Thanksgiving table.

I read it outloud in Springboro, Ohio to my nephew and niece. They liked it.

Wow. I can't believe you can get this site all the way down there.

Re: Good Reception

Originally posted by Stevenco
    I read it outloud in Springboro, Ohio to my nephew and niece. They liked it.

Wow. I can't believe you can get this site all the way down there.
    You can get this terrific site from California to Quebec!

Been there, done that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information