Thread: Buffalo News Stepping Up Their Game?!?

Buffalo News Stepping Up Their Game?!?

A couple of weeks ago Chris Smith/Buffalo Geek wrote a great blog post on the Buffalo News titled Reinventing the Newsroom. The short story is print media needs to move away from reporting on events that happened and focus on investigative journalism.

Seems like either a coincidence or the news listened to Chris. Maybe it is me but for a 2 week period...that is a lot of investigative articles by the Buffalo News from what they traditionally publish.

• Anti-poverty funds used by city for BlackBerrys
    • Steel City Democrat in line for new term
    • Another Davis absence spurs talk of rule on excuses
    • Postal Service users upset over bulk mail delays
    • Mesi to head new Senate office in Buffalo
    • Brian Davis’ troubled financial history
    • Brian Davis, downtown’s deadbeat Council member

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    A couple of weeks ago Chris Smith/Buffalo Geek wrote a great blog post on the Buffalo News titled Reinventing the Newsroom. The short story is print media needs to move away from reporting on events that happened and focus on investigative journalism.

Seems like either a coincidence or the news listened to Chris. Maybe it is me but for a 2 week period...that is a lot of investigative articles by the Buffalo News from what they traditionally publish.

• Anti-poverty funds used by city for BlackBerrys
    • Steel City Democrat in line for new term
    • Another Davis absence spurs talk of rule on excuses
    • Postal Service users upset over bulk mail delays
    • Mesi to head new Senate office in Buffalo
    • Brian Davis’ troubled financial history
    • Brian Davis, downtown’s deadbeat Council member
    Their have been and it's ncie to see that these are being brought up, but not much is being done about them. People are outraged more than ever about these stupid people, but the DEM party is so intrenched and corrupt nothing will ever be done about it because they know the stupidity of WNYers!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Their have been and it's ncie to see that these are being brought up, but not much is being done about them. People are outraged more than ever about these stupid people, but the DEM party is so intrenched and corrupt nothing will ever be done about it because they know the stupidity of WNYers!

I think it is about the pace of the posts.

For example, the news does a once a year post on the pensions for police. People are pissed for a month and then they forget. It is just a cost of doing business for the PBA.

Now the news did a story a couple months after the police pension on the fire pension. Which is progress. I could see it where they do a story every month on the pension cost for all areas of government. At that point people would not forget.

Timing is everything!

The mayor has an election coming up and do you suppose the News and partnership is happy with the lack of development and progress in this administration and are now looking to drop a dime on it where they can. Tie any of those News expose and you'll see a line drawn back to the second floor of City Hall. Notice that Brian Meyer is not the author of those articles, but Jim Heaney! Jim is not beholden to the second floor like Meyer (Meyer needs access and you can't get that if you're bloodying the guy you want to talk to you.

Let's hope the voters are kept informed all the way to primary day!

Thread Information