Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The agenda

Tony Fracasso - Admin

The agenda

Buffalo Family
    I think your "think tank" needs to do some REAL thinking, instead of pushing hidden agendas.
    I have spotted this saying numerious times on this messageboard about Freebuffalo, Primary challenge and rarely this website.

Would someone mind telling me what this hidden agenda is?

IMO- A power struggle that shuts out anyone with opposing points of view.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Thats not an agenda.

I want to know what the "agenda" is that you say is hidden.

It's all right here on the boards....

Doing things in groups of people is more more productive. People will post what happened at the meetings on the boards. Maybe it will encourange more to attend. Plus get involved in other groups in the community.
    This is just stupid. I wanna go to a meeting monday night if there's gonna be one. If I was going to pick what I'd rather do, I'd rather do that then post all monday night discussing what could be discussed face to face.
    Nightowl,
    Please stop interupting.
    People with "way over the top" personality disorder are highly suspicious of other people. They are usually unable to acknowledge their own negative feelings towards other people.
    That's the whole issue. Don't interupt the thread of people who DON'T oppose a people's review of the County Charter being a Free Buffalo thing.
    You need help and I suggest you get it soon.
    she is being psychologically analylized, so i can outwardly say that i think a lot of her reactions are motivated by a jealousy & protective of SpeakUpWNY. Admirable, but realiZE WHEN YOU'RE HURTING IT.
    You would be excluded because you're a bore.
    you display the same territorrial mentality that has been a hindrance to this community for as far back as i can remember,
    Nightowl? Why must you argue just to argue?
    Night Owl, with all due respect, please knock it off or stop posting.
    This site has been useful so far in trying to make Buffalo/WNY better for all. I want it to continue to be useful. I don't want to see us lose contributing members because of arguments about semantics.

You are detracting from the quality of the content found on the boards, and you are pushing people away from the site. Please, for the good of Buffalo, cut it out.
    I just got a private message saying that I should "shut up"
    I told you, you should learn to shut up because it would be for your own good. Ididn't do it because I don't want to hear you. People are relentless and if you try to twist things to suit your arguement they are going to do the same back.
    do you think that they want to hear you nit-pick semantics for two pages then another 2 pages of your whining
    Some people just do not work well in groups because they stay so closed minded on topics.
    This is just the tip of the iceburg in how there's an agenda of a power struggle - instead of just letting people up "speakup" here.

Anyone can push thier agenda but they shouldn't do thier best to stop others who are pushing thier agenda. If you don't like thier agenda you don't have to purposily try to disprove what they are doing with pointless posts.
    Your cryptic response is non productive to the concept of an invitation to debate
    Dont you think that the very action of posting a debate topic for civilized discussion indicates having an open mind?
    Night Owl, you are missing the whole issue
    Sorry Cindy

If you would like to start the thread over we can close this thread and start new.
    You are sorely missing the point
    Relax already - you burned 3 pages of this thread with that nonsense.
    But lately, you're taking your conduct on the boards too far.
    My motivation is to sincerely help make Buffalo/WNY better, and your recent conduct is not helping. We need productive debate on this site, not nitpicking and arguing just to argue.
    They wouldn't be nasty if you weren't annoying them
    Becasue you KEEP interuppting with your posts.
    Calling you annoying is not degrading you. Your just annoying..
    you gotta put a sock in it.
    I'm going to put you on ignore. You really do aggravate me and I don't apprechiate the BS "look what the readers are reading" . I know what they are reading. They are reading you being a pain in the ass.
    All this 'NEGATIVITY" directed to anyone who has something opposing to say against Primary Challenge, and Free Buffalo.

Tell me, there's no agenda to keep pushing FB/PC.... compared to just letting people find this site to be a place of speaking up!?!

Thats fine you have an opinion, no one has stated any different, but it doens't mean it's nice to constantly bring the fact up over and over in a thread. Stating your opinion is one thing, constantly nitpiking a group while hiding behind the reason it's "my opinion" doesn't cut it. You twist it anyway you want there's a different in stating your opinion versus purposily trying to make a group look bad.
    Put NO (Night Owl) on your ignore list and you start to realize how much of a wasteland she lays to most threads. It's much more enjoyable without her.
    There's no denying what's all printing on the site in black and white of a power struggle to keep appeasing Free Buffalo and Primary Challenge.

There seems to be a fear of taking people away from those groups without a thought of what's being taken away from THIS forum community.

Being that I am so out spoken; am subjected to more personal attacks than anyone else, and I have had all of these posts directed towards me because I share my thoughts of things. If speakup is about letting people come and share - why is there so much more of a worry over preventing people from attending and supporting Free Buffalo by a posting member of speakup?

If it weren't a power struggle in gain more people for Free Buffalo, there would be more quotes saying "I respect your comments even if I disagree" - Taken with a grain of salt, the boards have turned into nothing more than a promotion of Jim O. and a slander fest of people who do disagree.

PS....

I can't speak for Buffalo family, this is just my perception of the way the site has shifted into giving more to everybody that supports Free Buffalo.

I also wanted to say that I have put in 3 years to promote speakup more than anyone knows. I care about this site, and some of the people behind it. I want to see it remain number one in the search engines.

I also would like all the attacks towards me to stop just because I say things people don't want to here; which 99.9% of the time it shows opposition to a speacial interest group that wants to gain public spotlight but will relentlessly prove it shoves people down if someone disagrees with the pre-set frame of mind they want people to have.

I have no more interest in honoring free buffalo my presence than having tea with Joel Giambra. Accept it... and respect it.

Perhaps Buffalo Family is starting to see a difference in the site too, I don't know for sure... but maybe it looks that way.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What ever... I don't see the agenda you are getting at though. What I see is that your not happy people don't agree with your opinion and your not happy about it. Your allowed to support your opinion all you want just don't go trying to suppress anyone elses opinions if you don't agree with them.

I have no more interest in honoring free buffalo my presence than having tea with Joel Giambra. Accept it... and respect it.

Perhaps Buffalo Family is starting to see a difference in the site too, I don't know for sure... but maybe it looks that way.
    But you will have to learn to respect others opinions too which you don't. Just as is a group of people want to meet to discuss the charter you don't need to ride them trying to get them to discuss it here while getting pushy about it.

My comments are about free buffalo holding people down, and this site allowing it.

My comments are about appeasing free buffalo vs. ALLL the members here on this forum.

My comments, something you'll never undertstand is about keeping speakup about speaking up... and accepting people for who they are and not what free buffalo wants them to be.

Just as is a group of people want to meet to discuss the charter you don't need to ride them trying to get them to discuss it here
    All of which attacks on me occured for asking why it would have to be a free buffalo thing?

How is it at all possible to respect a post that tells another "just ignor her"? It has to be a two way street, and lately with free buffalo... if it isn't their way, it's the highway, and I quoted in my second post, all that is on the boards proves an agenda.

IMO- wake up and smell the coffee. Go back a review all the quotes I provided, then come back and tell me this is what speakup is all about.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Speakup is not about allowing people to annoy others. Speakup is not about letting people ride others who opinions they don't agree with.

It is only annoying when one doesn't want to hear that others think differently.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by Night Owl
    It is only annoying when one doesn't want to hear that others think differently.
    Thats your opinion now go start up your own threads and support what ever agenda you would like.

Thats your opinion now go start up your own threads and support what ever agenda you would like.
    Then why create a thread if you only want to hear certain things in it?

Would someone mind telling me what this hidden agenda is?

Attention everyone... you can't post in threads unless you agree with what's being said!!!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh this is getting good..

But i'm finally done.

Why would you be done? You asked the question?

I am just posting in a thread based on the question and comments you ask and make.

I researched and quoted verbatim to sustain my posts and opinions, that is what posters are supposed to do. I am not flaming, I am not slandering... I am following the rules of being "civil" and using other sources to back up my posts. I am following the thread as it is titled, should I have to create a different thread because you disagree with what I posts?

You asked about an agenda... and I replied. I didn't know this was a thread I had to avoid as well. My bad!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information