Thread: Cheektowaga candidate forum

Cheektowaga candidate forum

From the Buffalo News article - http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...forum-20131010
    Absent were Republican Roger McGill Jr.; and Democrats Tim Meyers and Jim Rogowski, also an incumbent.
    The absence of Meyers and Rogowski, in particular, were noted in Maisano’s response to a query about whether the candidates felt there is a “friends and family situation” when it comes to elective office or jobs in the town.
    Meyers is the son of a former town supervisor, while Rogowski’s father served on the Town Board and was also the mayor of Sloan.
    “I think it speaks for itself,” said Maisano, a retired employee of General Motors who was unsuccessful in his first run for Town Board in 2007. “Why aren’t they here tonight?”
    Kaznowski, who joined the board in 2008, said he’s never recommended friends or family for town jobs. “Cheektowaga is made up of probably four or five main families that keep getting elected,” said the general manager of Griffco Valve in Amherst.
    Benczkowski and Gawel, both seeking town office for the first time, said the friends and family situation is among their reasons for running.
    “One of the reasons I ran, I don’t have any friends or family that work in the Town Hall,” said Benczkowski, a broker for M.J. Peterson Real Estate.
    “I’m sick and tired of the same families, the same faces,” said Gawel, a development assistant at Friends of Night People in Buffalo.

Georgia L Schlager

Meyers and Rogowski are going to hide until election day. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by appearing anywhere there might be questions.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You would think they would be front and center boasting about how our town is ran while that group has been in power...

The lost of population.....

The increase of vacant properties...

The increase of our taxes on average over the last 10 years...

Our "free" totes...

Our bocce ball court expansion....

The running of the Cheektowaga Democratic Party social club on town time/property...

Oh they could hit on the new reality TV show the town can put together...

Go read the script

As nogods stated....

"Cheek-to-waga"

http://www.lawlips.com/docs/SpadaComplaint.pdf

Oh yeah I almost forgot.

Our hovercraft. I know why we got it now. Go look at the conditions of some of our roads. You need a hovercraft just to go over the cracked asphalt.

All brought to you over the years by the Cheektowaga Democratic Party.

So when is the next debate? Will Jim/Tim strap a pair on and debate?

let us not forget the fort rogoski flaunted and the Walmart to help ruin a nice residential neighborhood and turn nagel drive into a 4 lane highway

Thread Information