Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waste of taxpayers money

Angry Waste of taxpayers money

http://www.thesunnews.net/news.php3?idkey=2987

A new dispute arose later in Wednesday’s meeting when officials questioned Telaak about the town’s purchase of winter jackets for snowplow drivers.

“I see that as a waste of taxpayer money,” Pluta said.

Telaak responded by saying the drivers need the lime green jackets to let drivers see them when they park the snowplow and get out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Councilman Jim Pluta might think these jackets are a waste of taxpayers money, but Jim seems to be forgetting these items he approved at the Jan. 2009 board meeting:

1) Approving the useless position of Deputy Supervisor at a salary of $1,000/yr. which is a waste of taxpayer money.

2) Approving the patronage position of Deputy Code Enforcement Officer at a salary of $8,450/yr. which is a waste of taxpayer money.

And the taxpayers have not forgotten the fire-truck you DONATED to another town that was paid for with TAXPAYER monies that could have been turned in for scrap and monies received gone to pay down debt.

The voters in this town aren't stupid.............

The Town of Boston residents deserve better................
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Talk about Taxpayer money. How can Eagan pay a parks supervisor $200 a week from January 1. When he wasn't apointed untill april. Smells kind of fishy to me. No record of an appointment till april but pay the person from January. What did this person due. where are his payroll hours. Awful lot of money to take down a couple of Christmas decorations.

Ah!!! I've driven down Boston State Road at night - GIVE THE DRIVERS THEIR JACKETS

Realistically, how often do they get out of their trucks. Oh, silly me, I see them walking in and out of North Market Boston Place for breakfast and lunch. Then don't forget walking to their cars at the end of the shift. BURRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Realistically, how often do they get out of their trucks. Oh, silly me, I see them walking in and out of North Market Boston Place for breakfast and lunch. Then don't forget walking to their cars at the end of the shift. BURRRRRRRRR
    Just about every town, city, state, etc official such as police officers, firemen, cross guards wear safety clothing. I am not sure why these men shouldn't have them? What if they get out of their truck to help a disable vehicle? Although in the state of W. Virginia, my husband and I were assisted by a snow truck while we were traveling through coming back from vacation.

Top Dog You sound like a patchin firemen to me. realistically how many houses have you saved with that big arial you purchased? Looks more like a parade truck to me. BuRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Hey Snoop-Doggy, long time. I see Councilman Pluta still pulling your strings.

Realistically, you bore me.
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

seriously the jackets are a couple hundred bucks compared to $90,000 for Eagans big dig.

Campaign 2009 - Remove the clown from the town..

Not a patchin firman. Just a mom with lots of facts !!!!

Eagan keeps spending tax money like a drunken sailor

TOB Meeting April 15, 2009

A motion was made by Supervisor Eagan and was seconded by Councilman Hawkins to authorize Supervisor Eagan to enter into a contract with Jack Hanania as Project Inspector for the construction of the New York State Police Barracks, at an estimated cost of $38,000, beginning April 20, 2009 until completion.

four (4) Ayes Carried

A motion was made by Councilwoman Maghran and was seconded by Councilman Hawkins to authorize Supervisor Eagan to enter into a contract with TVGA Engineers, for Construction Administrative Services for the construction of the New York State Police Barracks, at an estimated cost of $58,000.

Project Manager and Construction Administration Services????

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that the new Parks Superintendent was officially appointed on April 1, 2009, but from a reliable source heard that he has been paid since January, 2009.

Supervisor Eagan stated that was correct.

Highway Superintendent Telaak inquired what the new Parks Superintendent has been doing to receive a paycheck.

Supervisor Eagan stated whatever he was asked to do. Supervisor Eagan stated that he would have to get a written report from the Parks Superintendent.

Paying for a guy to sit at home all winter. Amazing this town continues to put up with this clown.

Campaign 2009 "Remove the Clown from the Town"

New Playground

It was really great, all the volunteers showed up to help build a park for the kids!

So why would Telaak charge the town money to "help" put together a playground that was free? Seeing as it was paid for by grants! Talk about a man who rips off the town!!! What part of volunteering didn't he understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Orchid View Post
    It was really great, all the volunteers showed up to help build a park for the kids!

So why would Telaak charge the town money to "help" put together a playground that was free? Seeing as it was paid for by grants! Talk about a man who rips off the town!!! What part of volunteering didn't he understand?
    You sound like a disgruntled town highway employee, or parks employee.

How much was the so-called "charge"?

Eagan's got job with Thruway Authority

Going to be paid 90k+. I wonder if he will resign his other two jobs

either he will have to resign or he will get kicked out of office. There is no way the Town of Boston is going to continue to let this clown collect a pay check when he does not even show up to work and collect another pay check from the Thruway authority. Either way I am darn glad to hear that he is going to be gone soon. Hopefully he will move out of town too....

Remove the Clown from the Town

Quote Originally Posted by statewaste View Post
    Going to be paid 90k+. I wonder if he will resign his other two jobs
    Gee, thats a surprise.........

I wonder if it had anything to do with his brother heading up the fundraising in NYS for the Democratic Party??????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information