Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lets see who is in line to get the foremans Jobs.

They are not even posting some of the job openings know
    Max over at Sanitation didnt even post a drivers job that was open so one of his buddies with less then a yr in the town just came over and got it without bidding.Didnt want people from Highway to bid on it Hes gonna be putting more people on the garbage dept even thou there is no need for them.No one is retiring soon from Sanitation

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    They are not even posting some of the job openings know
    Max over at Sanitation didnt even post a drivers job that was open so one of his buddies with less then a yr in the town just came over and got it without bidding.Didnt want people from Highway to bid on it Hes gonna be putting more people on the garbage dept even thou there is no need for them.No one is retiring soon from Sanitation
    how can Max do that without posting? why isn't our supervisor and our town board checking into this procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    how can Max do that without posting? why isn't our supervisor and our town board checking into this procedure?
    who is going to stop max from anything in that town. i beleive posting jobs is a union issue. at last monday's board meeting two jobs were tabled anyone know why? is the town board going to try to save some money with jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    who is going to stop max from anything in that town. i beleive posting jobs is a union issue. at last monday's board meeting two jobs were tabled anyone know why? is the town board going to try to save some money with jobs?
    They are gonna not fill those jobs and create 2 jobs in Sant. so Max can
    get his people in probably.Or just waiting to see who Max wants to fill those positions.As for the Town Board looking into the job posting I am pretty sure they know all about it.As for the union the head of it works in Sant. so he must know all about it too

They are gonna not fill those jobs and create 2 jobs in Sant. so Max can
    get his people in probably.Or just waiting to see who Max wants to fill those positions.As for the Town Board looking into the job posting I am pretty sure they know all about it.As for the union the head of it works in Sant. so he must know all about it too
    very sad that the people we elected can't even stop max. who is up for re-election this year?

I thought there was a hiring freeze. If someone retires and they fill that position from within, I don't think it's considered a new hire. But what do they do about the position that is vacated due to the transfer/promotion?
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    I thought there was a hiring freeze. If someone retires and they fill that position from within, I don't think it's considered a new hire. But what do they do about the position that is vacated due to the transfer/promotion?
    They would have to make a decision. There may be an exception clause in the hiring freeze resolution that would allow them to hire for a position of "dire need."
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    From within? Meaning a part timer making $8-9 an hr then gets a full time job
    triple the hr amount I would consider a new hire.If a job is posted and somebody from another dept bids on it and gets it he moves to that job and his job is supposed to be put up for bid.But sometimes it doesnt happen like the drivers job in Sant It was never put up for bid. Plus the Union has it in the contract that they have to have a X amont of people working so thats why the jobs are always being filled.And why jobs are never cut

From within? Meaning a part timer making $8-9 an hr then gets a full time job
    triple the hr amount I would consider a new hire.If a job is posted and somebody from another dept bids on it and gets it he moves to that job and his job is supposed to be put up for bid.But sometimes it doesnt happen like the drivers job in Sant It was never put up for bid. Plus the Union has it in the contract that they have to have a X amont of people working so thats why the jobs are always being filled.And why jobs are never cut
    I was told they have to replace them already at the min number. I was told they have eliminated about 15 full time positions so far through retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
    I was told they have to replace them already at the min number. I was told they have eliminated about 15 full time positions so far through retirement.
    the town has a contract with the union what ever # it was settled on that's what the town has to keep. The town can go over that but that is up to the town to go over. as far as i know there is no hiring freeze and a lot of the retirements will take place at the end 09 through 2010. this town was always known to play games with jobs so it will be intresting to see when these people start to retire and how the politicians will play checkers with the jobs.

They will eliminate p/t and seasonal jobs and say there cutting back.But in the meantime they will hire full timers in positions because they are needed.No matter what if a politician or whoever wants somebody yo get a full time job they will get it even without posting it like Gorskis son got

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information