Thread: Poisonous Drywall

Poisonous Drywall

Had any Drywall work done lately? Perhaps your contractor skimped on materials, opting for imported drywall? And now you have a persistent hacking cough and your jewelry is turning black.

Brought to you by the folks that have shipped us tainted pet food, infant formula, chocolate and 98% of all the merchandise at Walmart. The Chinese.

http://www.buffalonews.com/260/story/636808.html

"At the height of the U.S. housing boom, when building materials were in short supply, American construction companies used millions of pounds of Chinese-made drywall because it was abundant and cheap.

Now that decision is haunting hundreds of homeowners and apartment dwellers who are concerned that the wallboard gives off fumes that can corrode copper pipes, blacken jewelry and silverware, and possibly sicken people.

Shipping records reviewed by The Associated Press indicate that imports of potentially tainted Chinese building materials exceeded 500 million pounds during a four-year period of soaring home prices. The drywall may have been used in more than 100,000 homes, according to some estimates, including houses rebuilt after Hurricane Katrina."

What if you do work yourself and buy drywall from home depot?
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    What if you do work yourself and buy drywall from home depot?
    I think your fine, i heard most was bought in the southern states from wholesale places not HD or lowes!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

In my opinion, I wouldn't trust the stuff bought at places like Mr. 2nds, which apparently has gone out of business. If Walmart starts carrying drywall, run.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun View Post
    In my opinion, I wouldn't trust the stuff bought at places like Mr. 2nds, which apparently has gone out of business. If Walmart starts carrying drywall, run.
    Mister Seconds has an ad coming out in tomorrow's paper.

Every seen the movie idiocracy?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

In my opinion, I wouldn't trust the stuff bought at places like Mr. 2nds, which apparently has gone out of business.
    For what it's worth, they're not out of business, but they did close their Military Rd, and West Seneca stores.

Did anyone here know that drywall made in China or Mexico could contain asbestos in it also ? The law on asbestos & working with it had a requirement for testing to make sure it wasn't asbestos if it (the structure or remodel) was before 1979 , & couls assume it wasn't "A" after 1979 , now they threw a screw ino the WHOLE process ! Get a HEPA FULL MASK RESPIRATOR when dealing with insulation like even Corning Pink , blown in , drywall , etc. just to be safe............
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

But didnt you know?

The products made in china are made from the best materials on earth, and put together with the most highly skilled assemblers ever seen, and made to the most stringent of standards.

Sheesh you people act like the chinese are trying to kill us
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    But didnt you know?

The products made in china are made from the best materials on earth, and put together with the most highly skilled assemblers ever seen, and made to the most stringent of standards.

Sheesh you people act like the chinese are trying to kill us
    FMD , they are trying to kill us , but not until they own everything here & take ALL our money & Fort Knox..........I think you're being facetious though ?!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Just more crap imported from China. If ya shop at any of those aka 'bargain' stores, be aware of what you buy and where it came from. Do we really need to have frigging garlic imported from China? Check your toothpastes as well. Several named brands, in tiny print on their boxes, state either 'made in China' or 'made in Mexico'. This country should really rethink it's import policies.

Will realtors be tasked with disclosure if a house is constructed or repaired with the tainted drywall?

This thread should be of particular concern to the public employees who are snapping up devalued Florida retirement homes on their (alleged) severely bloated public pensions.*

*see the numerous prior threads, started by jealous wage slaves with no employee benefits or labor union.

Thread Information