Thread: Our Lady of Pompeii Meat Raffle

Our Lady of Pompeii Meat Raffle

Mark your calendar…pull out the grill and get ready to have some fun. Our Lady of Pompeii School is having a meat raffle on April 18th, 2009 in the school hall at 129 Laverack, Lancaster. There will be plenty of steaks, burgers & dogs in time for the grilling season as well as roasts, chops and chicken. The doors open at 6:00PM, the first raffle is at 7:30PM.
    Admission is $5.00 in advance, $6.00 at the door and includes beer, wine, soft drinks, snacks and sandwich or pizza. Also included is a theme basket auction and 50/50’s. Call Tim @ 686-9559.

Where does the meat come from?
    How much meat will be raffled all together?
    How much meat per prize?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Our Lady of Pompeii Meat Raffle

The meat is from Camillo's Sloan Market.
    All total we will be raffling off 160 pieces of meat. 40 raffles...2 pulls per raffle. There are 2 meat items per pull.
    Example of average prize...4 lb pork loin roast & 3 lb porterhouse steak or
    3lb pork chops(center cut boneless) & 5 lb whole beef tenderloin.
    There is also a huge grand prize drawing...20lbs of meat(various cuts) & a $25
    Tops gift card for $2 a ticket

I remember years back I first learned what a lawn fete was; some time later, I experienced a beer blast. Now, years later, Our Lady Of Pompeii is holding a meat raffle. Living in WNY is certainly an experience, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun View Post
    I remember years back I first learned what a lawn fete was; some time later, I experienced a beer blast. Now, years later, Our Lady Of Pompeii is holding a meat raffle. Living in WNY is certainly an experience, I must say.
    Just think...we also have Dyngus Day, St. Joseph's Tables, Beef on Weck, chicken wings and much more

I have been to the last two meat raffles at Our Lady of Pompeii School. It is a good time and well run fund raiser for the school. In fact at the last raffle I won two of the meat packages and a one hour horse riding lesson at a local stable. I gave that to my niece. I will be at the next one and recommend it to anyone.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Thread Information