Thread: 2014 Lancaster tentative budget out; taxes cut again

2014 Lancaster tentative budget out; taxes cut again

The 2014 Town of Lancaster tentative budget is out and available at the Town Clerk’s office. For the second year in a row the supervisor’s proposed budget lowers taxes in the town by 2.96% on a home assessed at $100,000; and less but where taxes will still be lowered as assessments increase because of fixed expenditures.

In the Village of Lancaster taxes on a $100,000 assessed home will be reduced by 5%.

In the Village of Depew taxes will be increased by a flat rate of $2.

It will be interesting to see what the Democrats will want to put back in the budget or add, and reasons for.

Awesome, candidates should hit the streets with that information.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Are the tax decreases based on budget cuts or growth in the private sector/building in lancaster?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Are the tax decreases based on budget cuts or growth in the private sector/building in lancaster?
    As municipal budgets usually work, both when there is a decrease.

Kudo's to Supervisor Fudoli for once again coming out with a budget that puts the taxpayers first!

Yes, Kudos.

Here's Dino's Facebook post -

Just released my 2nd budget as Town Supervisor of Lancaster. If the Town Board puts people ahead of patronage then taxes will be going down for the second year in a row. Something that has not been done in decades, And not a single service was cut. I encourage every resident to come to the public hearing next month to voice their opinions and to call on their town board members and ask them to vote against patronage and vote to leave my budget as it is proposed.

Georgia L Schlager

Question Why would they mess with

Why would the Dem Town Board chorus line want to change the Supervisors proposed budget?

Is there some "Party Player" who needs a job - a loyal sign installer due for a cookie ? Last time the only changes they proposed increased spending and transferred/promoted only on insider - just a drop in the overall budget !

Come on now - its an election year !

Even the free spending banker could see folly in any such move - besides he's already bragging about the new batting building at Westwood Park. He's still telling all the soccer moms he wants to stay on board to help fund soccer fields.

Well, time will tell what tax funded promises he makes in the next few weeks !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Dino's first budget, what was added into the budget by the other Town board Members?

I know Dino had replaced an open full time position in the clerk's office with a part time position in the tentative budget but the Dems put the full time position back into the budget. I believe a spouse of a Lancaster policeman was hired for that full time position, as there were no health benefits included for that position. The usual, Lancaster friend and family employment agency.

Georgia L Schlager

Sadly, I'm sure the State will find some way to raise Medicaid and welfare and what little savings we get from our local government, will be gone. Eventually as time passes on we will have run out of options and have scraped our local services down to nothing because the State refuses to make the big changes that need to happen. If we are going to make the big changes needed to turn this region around we need more than just our local government making change, we really, really, need the State on board or it is a lost cause. It's like the tail wagging the dog. Those local services are what I expect as a homeowner because it effects me and my neighbors directly: Good proactive police protection, fire department and ambulance service so when I have the big one I don't wait 20 minutes for RMA, a highway department to keep the roads clear so I can get to work and feed my family, and great schools to teach my children, everything else is government fat and entitlement waste. Instead, more and more of that money will get squandered away to those who are on the government dole.

Politics begin at a local level Tango, these local politicians head upwards to State/Federal. So we begin with the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Politics begin at a local level Tango, these local politicians head upwards to State/Federal. So we begin with the basics.

That is a scary thought.

I know!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangodown View Post
    Sadly, I'm sure the State will find some way to raise Medicaid and welfare and what little savings we get from our local government, will be gone. Eventually as time passes on we will have run out of options and have scraped our local services down to nothing because the State refuses to make the big changes that need to happen. If we are going to make the big changes needed to turn this region around we need more than just our local government making change, we really, really, need the State on board or it is a lost cause. It's like the tail wagging the dog. Those local services are what I expect as a homeowner because it effects me and my neighbors directly: Good proactive police protection, fire department and ambulance service so when I have the big one I don't wait 20 minutes for RMA, a highway department to keep the roads clear so I can get to work and feed my family, and great schools to teach my children, everything else is government fat and entitlement waste. Instead, more and more of that money will get squandered away to those who are on the government dole.
    According to the supervisor, no services were cut from the his proposed budget.

As for the state, it's a blue state and there are more people not working than there are working. And that's just fine for the politicos we have voted into office.

Thread Information