Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster's Board of Ethics reveals Town Board Members financial disclosures -

Cool Lancaster's Board of Ethics reveals Town Board Members financial disclosures -

Sorry, I meant the Board of Ethics hasn't even looked at relevant issues.

The Council members haven't exposed their "Full" financial disclosure forms or even completed them yet.

Not to mention none want to make public there income tax info.

Just wanted to straighten that out - the rumors to the contrary are false.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I am glad the Lancaster Board of Ethics has been so pro-active in collecting the mandatory Financial disclosure statements.

Its interesting to see what financial interests our elected and appointed Employees have! Especially during a election year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    I am glad the Lancaster Board of Ethics has been so pro-active in collecting the mandatory Financial disclosure statements.

Its interesting to see what financial interests our elected and appointed Employees have! Especially during a election year.
    You mean like Ruffino's Diggidy Dog post hole digging business that's not ran from his home?

OR

The attorney council man running for town justice that appeared as counsel for a debt collector (Lieberman, Michaels & Kelly, LLC) in a North Carolina lawsuit and apparently didn't know that he wasn't a member of the North Carolina bar.

Like we really need an intelligent fella like that as our town justice.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    You mean like Ruffino's Diggidy Dog post hole digging business that's not ran from his home?

OR

The attorney council man running for town justice that appeared as counsel for a debt collector (Lieberman, Michaels & Kelly, LLC) in a North Carolina lawsuit and apparently didn't know that he wasn't a member of the North Carolina bar.

Like we really need an intelligent fella like that as our town justice.
    gorja, more info here, when did this happen?

Georgia L Schlager

What happens if they do not fill out the financial information? Is this required?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    What happens if they do not fill out the financial information? Is this required?
    From the Town code-
    A. All town officials who are elected and all members of the Zoning Board of Appeals, Planning Board, Library Board of Trustees, Youth Bureau, Drug Abuse Prevention Council, Assessment Review Board, Town of Lancaster Industrial Development Agency, Ethics Board, Senior Citizens Director, Town Building Inspector, Town Engineer, Director of Parks and Recreation and any government review or advisory board appointed by the Town Board shall file with the Town Clerk, who, for the purpose of this section, shall also be deemed the Secretary of the Board of Ethics as hereinafter set forth, a signed annual disclosure statement within 120 days of the effective date of this code; within 30 days of taking office; no later than April 30 of each year thereafter. Within 30 days of any change in the information contained in his or her most recently filed statement, the public official shall file a signed amendment to the statement indicating the change.

Georgia L Schlager

ok, so to date they have not done this right? Who should enforce this then if they have not done this yet?

ok, so to date they have not done this right? Who should enforce this then if they have not done this yet?
    Didn't they review the disclosure statements in June?/

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...=1#post1118378

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...=1#post1118437

Georgia L Schlager

Sorry, I meant the Board of Ethics hasn't even looked at relevant issues.

The Council members haven't exposed their "Full" financial disclosure forms or even completed them yet.

Not to mention none want to make public there income tax info.

Just wanted to straighten that out - the rumors to the contrary are false.

Looks like they're going to meet 2 times per year while our neighbors to the north meet once per month.
    Only 60% ( 3 members) showed up along with town clerk and attorney.

There seems to be no reference to the Ethics committee on the town' new website, at least that I can find. Since it is December the month of their meeting, I thought there would be some notice.

Georgia L Schlager

Cool Board of Ethics is truly amazing -

Wow - these people are truly impressive - They met for less than 40 minutes almost a year after being empowered/empaneled and voted to meet twice a year -

Then they voted to approve the financial forms as presented to them ! Then they voted to go home - Wow ! SLOW DOWN PEOPLE - What's the rush ?

Its amazing - they didn't say that our elected officials and employees completed and submitted "Personal financial disclosure statements" -

They voted to "Approve the forms as presented to them(the Board) - WOW !

As far as I know - and haven't been told else wise yet - they didn't say they reviewed the "Information" presented in the "Financial disclosure statements submitted" by our elected officials and Town employees - Wow !

Did they produce any such financial disclosures - completed or otherwise for public viewing ???

Or do they have to meet in six months and discuss what Councilmember Stempniak will allow them to talk about ? or aren't they allowed to talk about that ??????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, lets recap this giant step toward Lancaster's Elected and Appointed officials following the law.

The law that states they must have a "Board of Ethics" - after fighting not to impanel one for about ten years - we now have one - Wow !!!!

They haven't done anything meaningful or impressive yet - they voted to see each other twice a year.

They didn't even pretend that they will create a "Ethics Compliance" agenda or to outline any future duties & actions of this group. BABY STEPS FOLKS - TAKE IT EASY !!!

What a "Dog and Pony Show" which has been orchestrated by the Controlling Dem Members.

Another do nothing group that creates a good "Perception of Compliance" -

But the best part is - I bet our Town Clerk and Attorney got some tax funded compensation for being there !

Lightbulb

Well I guess the Lancaster Town Board of Ethics is already falling apart - "Daniel Steck to Town Clerk -- Letter of resignation from Ethics Board"

I don't blame him and if my memory serves me - he's the second person to resign. I can respect their decision - why would anyone sit on a Board after it was made plain that they would have absolutely no investigative powers. They were castrated by Council member D.Stempniak even before they were seated.

Her statement was " I will not have anyone look over my shoulder" - she has never wanted any over sight.

Any way, so far they held one rubber stamp meeting where they agreed to meet again - I also believe they approved some personal finance statements - ones that weren't identified .

It just shows how dishonest they are - the Town Boards Controlling Councilmen appoint business partners, Party friends and family members to tax funded jobs/positions.

Time and time again concerned citizens find more back door payments - like the stipend being paid to an employee that didn't do any work for it and hasn't actually work at his primary job for a long while.

Full financial disclosures would have exposed this and hopefully put a stop to it much sooner.

Now ask your self "Why has there not been a empowered Town Board of Ethics
    " ?

This is odd isn't it? Two people have resigned, I wonder why that might be? I believe it is important to have this layer of government. I would like to see the Ethics Committee looking into the $7,000 stipend Jeff Simme gets.

What I also find odd is that the attorney and the clerk was not present. Who validated the meeting?

This is odd isn't it? Two people have resigned, I wonder why that might be? I believe it is important to have this layer of government. I would like to see the Ethics Committee looking into the $7,000 stipend Jeff Simme gets.

What I also find odd is that the attorney and the clerk was not present. Who validated the meeting?
    Shortie, want to borrow my cheaters?
    It states -
    Also present-
    Johanna Coleman, town clerk
    John Dudziak, town attorney

Georgia L Schlager

LOL gorja, I swear my eyes are really getting bad..hee hee
    thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information