Thread: Letting you know

Letting you know

This post is just a what happen post incase I don't come back home alive. Then, you all will know what happen to The Riven.

In 2 or 3 weeks I will be off line for several weeks because I am going under the knife for a major stomach operation at the VA Hospital and I have this fear about the VA Hospital, some guys walk in but don't walk out alive He He.

So the day I stop posting you will know why I have stop posting or answering post...OK ! Then, moving on....
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Best of luck. I am sure everything will go well.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Unregistered
    I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Sorry Riven.

Keep your chin up.

You're in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

We'll all be here when you come back!

Best of luck to you.

~~Ragin~~

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Email me your room number.... and dates...

Thumbs up take it easy

and heal well

!

Good Luck, and a speedy recovery.
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Good luck big guy, we'll be thinking about you!

You've got that nice new avatar to come home to!

Best wishes for a super recovery. You'll come back a new fellow.

update

I'll be out of comission on Dec 16 hopefully in and out the same day but in bed for a few weeks thereafter.....No Xmas party for me this year.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thanks

Thank you all.

I'm sure I'll be fine once this operation is completed and I'll be able to cough without stomach pain. Then I can focus on lossing this weight I put on after I had my heart attack in 04. I was 175lbs and put on about 60 lbs more. I now average 243 lbs. I quite smoking wich had put on most of this extra weight i'm carring but it really isn't me. I have been a slinder man all my life but when your heart say no more everthing changes, did I mention all the pills I'm on which also adds more weight to the bod...yeap getting old, is old but is part of the process of life.

Not to tell others how to life their lives but if you do smoke think about stoping soon it is a killer. I know because I am paying for 38 years of smoking today and it will happen to each and everyone of you, one day you'll have to pay up like I had to. Stop today and live longer tomorrow.
    Riven37
    _________

riven the guys that walk in but don't come out are usually seventy or older. your still young enough to recover. I was lucky I quit smoking two years ago after forty years but the rest of my body was healthy enough I could stay active. My weight gain was only ten pounds.
    veterans is a good hospital with friendly people that always seemed to care. I'll say a prayer for you and wait for your return to posting.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Here I go

I spent the morning this morning at the VA hospital and I am all set for Dec 16th operation on my stomach. Afterwards, I will be out of commission for 8 weeks. My stomach was worse then the VA thought and will be laid up. I will make the party tho.
    Riven37
    _________

wow, 8 weeks, bet u lose all the weight you're complaining about

Re: Here I go

Originally posted by Riven37
    I spent the morning this morning at the VA hospital and I am all set for Dec 16th operation on my stomach. Afterwards, I will be out of commission for 8 weeks. My stomach was worse then the VA thought and will be laid up. I will make the party tho.
    You'll be fine! We will certainly miss you, though.

hummm

Originally posted by buffy
    wow, 8 weeks, bet u lose all the weight you're complaining about

Once I become more active I will loss more weight. I do ware my weight well. I use to lift weights years ago and still have that self built frame but I'm use to being 175 lbs and not 243 lbs. I use be a power walker for years but life is funny at times...Anyways, I'm still sexy, cuite, funny, crazy, and I care less what others think about me.....I'm over 50 and today, being 50 is the new 30's....
    Riven37
    _________

Thread Information