Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Looks Like A Bad Year For Amherst Democrats

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    287

    Looks Like A Bad Year For Amherst Democrats

    After reading the Amherst Bee it looks pretty clear the Amherst Republicans are going to walk away with 09 elections. Solid candidates with a clear message. No wonder Dennis Ward is living in Kenmore, no wait I thought he was the Amherst Dem chair. Money Money Manna will be out next year as Deputy Toxic and in the extreme minority,odds are he switches and becomes a Republican.

  2. #2
    Member absolivious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
    After reading the Amherst Bee it looks pretty clear the Amherst Republicans are going to walk away with 09 elections. Solid candidates with a clear message.
    Beyond what the Bee printed, what does anyone on this forum know, for sure, about the any of the three council member candidates?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,434
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
    After reading the Amherst Bee it looks pretty clear the Amherst Republicans are going to walk away with 09 elections. ...
    Hopefully this will spill over into Cheektowaga
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

  4. #4
    Member Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Near Town Hall
    Posts
    3,693
    Reading the Bee, Barry Weinstein will continue with his medical practice going. He will have hours 2 mornings and 1 afternoon for his patients. So if he has hours on Tuesday morning, Wednesday afternoon and again on Thursday morning, along with some evening hours, that might just leave Monday and Friday full days to address resident concerns. No wonder he was vehamently opposed to Docs resolution for an 8 hr a day position. Didn't Mr. Ward close his law business while he was TS?
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

  5. #5
    Member Gandalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Reading the Bee, Barry Weinstein will continue with his medical practice going. He will have hours 2 mornings and 1 afternoon for his patients. So if he has hours on Tuesday morning, Wednesday afternoon and again on Thursday morning, along with some evening hours, that might just leave Monday and Friday full days to address resident concerns. No wonder he was vehamently opposed to Docs resolution for an 8 hr a day position. Didn't Mr. Ward close his law business while he was TS?
    Good point, Smiley. And if the voters are stupid enough to vote him in as a PART-TIME SUPERVISOR they deserve what they get! I hope Weinsteins opponent pays close attention to what Weinstein was quoted as saying! However, I hope the Dems do better than Alice Kryzin or it will be a cake walk for Weinstein. Maybe Kindel isn't half bad after all!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    233
    I agree with the point about Kindel. You get an honest days' work out of him, and you know with no uncertainty where he stands on an issue.

  7. #7
    Member JustRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    Hopefully this will spill over into Cheektowaga

    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA Ha Ha, Never, Ha Ha Ha.........sorry...
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    954
    In other words ugg

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Reading the Bee, Barry Weinstein will continue with his medical practice going. He will have hours 2 mornings and 1 afternoon for his patients. So if he has hours on Tuesday morning, Wednesday afternoon and again on Thursday morning, along with some evening hours, that might just leave Monday and Friday full days to address resident concerns. No wonder he was vehamently opposed to Docs resolution for an 8 hr a day position. Didn't Mr. Ward close his law business while he was TS?
    are you kidding --Dan Ward still practiced law during when he was TS. Anyways, that resolution was the stupidest and most political thing I have ever seen and just a very sad move by a very sad TS. The position of TS has already been defined as full-time. If that is the only way to create irrelevant issues, then they truly are desperate.

    please tell me that you are not serious with trying to raise this issue as a serious one.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,434
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired View Post
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA Ha Ha, Never, Ha Ha Ha.........sorry...
    I know. But one can hope
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,442
    Anyone who thinks the Town Supervisor can afford to spend 30% of his time doing another job does not understand the job. This is a big Town with, if I may say so, very demanding residents. I have had dealings with Weinstein, both when he was a county legislator and on the Town Board. He is great at letting other people do all the work and then taking a lot of credit. He is not a "worker" except for his own gain. The people of Amherst deserve a lot better.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    761
    this very petty and so typical WNY -- no wonder why people want to downsize local government -- so we have two less idiots raising dumb issues like this one.

    if i must here it is - it doesn't matter the number of hours a person puts into the job but rather how effectively he/she does the job. If that was the criteria then Mohan who spents 70 hours a week at Town Hall would be considered an amazing TS. but he stinks. so very sad and transparent as to the motivation. Dan Ward continued his law practice as did Grelick as did Tom A. and I don't recall anyone making it an issue because it wasn't or shouldn't have been.

    Amazingly, one week after BW decides to officially run, this "issue" is brought up. are you kidding?

    And the resolution was drafted in a way that the TS would have to be at town hall 8 hours a day monday through friday -- in this day and age, (myself included), I do work at home and on the road almost as much as I do at the plant. it doesn't matter if somebody works on issues at 2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon -- all that matters is that it got done and done well.

    you want to take issue with BW's platform -- feel free. But this issue is laughable if anyone, and I mean anyone wants to make this an issue then BW will win in a landslide.
    Last edited by hate politics; April 9th, 2009 at 10:06 AM.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    this very petty and so typical WNY -- no wonder why people want to downsize local government -- so we have two less idiots raising dumb issues like this one.

    if i must here it is - it doesn't matter the number of hours a person puts into the job but rather how effectively he/she does the job. If that was the criteria then Mohan who spents 70 hours a week at Town Hall would be considered an amazing TS. but he stinks. so very sad and transparent as to the motivation. Dan Ward continued his law practice as did Grelick as did Tom A. and I don't recall anyone making it an issue because it wasn't or shouldn't have been.

    Amazingly, one week after BW decides to officially run, this "issue" is brought up. are you kidding?

    And the resolution was drafted in a way that the TS would have to be at town hall 8 hours a day monday through friday -- in this day and age, (myself included), I do work at home and on the road almost as much as I do at the plant. it doesn't matter if somebody works on issues at 2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon -- all that matters is that it got done and done well.

    you want to take issue with BW's platform -- feel free. But this issue is laughable if anyone, and I mean anyone wants to make this an issue then BW will win in a landslide.

    Boy! For someone who calls himself "Hate Politics", you seem impassioned with politics, BW in particular! I'd like to point out that Grelick & Ahern were both FULL TIME Supervisors! Grelick did not have a law practice while in office at Town Hall, as Town Clerk or Town Supervisor. Ahearn, as I recall, was a retired Principal. He too was a FULL TIME Supervisor until illness forced him to cut back on his hours & subsequently resign!

    Amherst needs a full time supervisor if for no other reason than to right the wrongs that Mohan has created! The Town is a mess! Barry Weinstein needs to choose a career. Something he should have done long ago. He simply is not the right person for the job. I do believe that he will win the election but simply because we have no real choice this year! Barry, What do you really want to be when you grow up?

  14. #14
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    64,827
    Just my opinion.

    A town supervisor is more of a full time position than part time.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,442
    I didn't agree with the resolution but you DON'T know the job or the people of Amherst if you think this is not a full-time job. Plus, most of the job has to be done when people are around - not at 2 in the morning. Meeting with department heads, committees, the public, etc. cannot be done at 2 AM. Residents have a tendency to drop in to the Supervisor's office. Granted, he may be away or busy with other matters, but they generally expect him to be THERE, available or not.

    I know Mohan wasted a lot of time. But being the Supervisor is more than a full-time job. You can expect this issue to be brought up throughout the campaign and don't be so sure it won't matter to a lot of people, just because you don't think it is important.

    Weinstein isn't used to doing anything full-time, whichever hat he is wearing - councilmember, doctor, lawyer. Oh, wait a minute - making money for himself! Yes, THAT he does full-time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. State Republican Waste Machine - This is just CRAZY!
    By RagnarThePirate in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 14th, 2009, 06:04 PM
  2. Happy New Year from 29th district Catt. Co. area
    By gonerail in forum Allegany County, Cattauragus County, Chautaugua County, Genesee County, Niagara County, Orleans Cou
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM
  3. Erie Co lost 5001 residents last year?
    By kernwatch in forum Erie County Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 21st, 2008, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •