Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks Like A Bad Year For Amherst Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    even if true, so what? I am on many boards and I still have a full time job. what is your point?

And what is YOUR problem? I was merely answering a question, not making a "point" except the part about it not being a rumor, which was for your benefit.

Mohan, Schratz, Ward and Bucki have made Amherst the laughing stock of Erie County. They've lowered the standards for the elected positions that they hold. Hopefully, new people will get elected to these offices and restore dignity to them.

agreed - one can only hope. at least ss is out (thank god) come January ... now this election cycle hopefully ward will leave too ...

Quote Originally Posted by left wing View Post
    And what is YOUR problem? I was merely answering a question, not making a "point" except the part about it not being a rumor, which was for your benefit.
    I just didn't know that we are throwing out random facts or statements that provide nothing of value to the discussion at hand... here's another one:

In 1978, my high school team won sectionals.

Democratic "Rule" ??????

The townsfolk lose no matter who is elected from the crop of candidates that has thus far emerged. The democratic candidates, thus far, seem to be drawn from a genetically pre-determined pool of anti-business retro-speak "Ward" drone automoton cliches. The republicans seem to hold the edge thus far in "free thinkers".

By the way, didn't Manna start out as a republican? Manna is now a seemingly cyborg Ward-speak drone, slowly losing his free-will, despite earlier and encouraging spurts of independent behavior.

I am more concerned about how effective BW would be as opposed to how many hours he would work. He has a track record of public service and it is not stunning. Having served on the school board, county legislature and the Town Board doesn't mean he was effective.

Name one good thing he did in each capacity. I can't. His latest farce about fencing in the deer without even checking with the DEC shows he is not thorough. He just threw out a ridiculous idea.

My greatest fear is to have another older man who thinks he "knows all". We are finally shedding one...we don't need another. I am a registered Rep. but I would not even consider voting for him. He has what the Amherst Reps consider the most important quality....$$$$$. They don't have any and he can pay for his own campaign as well as the ticket.

I don't know enough about the others they endorsed but I do know that a lot of people are on boards and foundations, committees, etc. and do nothing. I also know that you can be great in your chosen profession but be totally ineffective in public office. Too many rules and contracts to tap dance around.

Votes should be based on what the candidate has accomplished if he has held public office. BW doesn't warrant a lever pull.

I just didn't know that we are throwing out random facts or statements that provide nothing of value to the discussion at hand... here's another one:

In 1978, my high school team won sectionals.

Cute. Are you running for anything? Because, if you were, that would still be meaningless. But the public has a right to know what candidates are affiliated with, especially banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Surface Tension View Post
    I am more concerned about how effective BW would be as opposed to how many hours he would work. He has a track record of public service and it is not stunning. Having served on the school board, county legislature and the Town Board doesn't mean he was effective.

Name one good thing he did in each capacity. I can't. His latest farce about fencing in the deer without even checking with the DEC shows he is not thorough. He just threw out a ridiculous idea.

My greatest fear is to have another older man who thinks he "knows all". We are finally shedding one...we don't need another. I am a registered Rep. but I would not even consider voting for him. He has what the Amherst Reps consider the most important quality....$$$$$. They don't have any and he can pay for his own campaign as well as the ticket.

I don't know enough about the others they endorsed but I do know that a lot of people are on boards and foundations, committees, etc. and do nothing. I also know that you can be great in your chosen profession but be totally ineffective in public office. Too many rules and contracts to tap dance around.

Votes should be based on what the candidate has accomplished if he has held public office. BW doesn't warrant a lever pull.

Boy, do you have this right! Especially the part about Boards and committees. Especially Town-related committees. Some Town boards, like the Planning Board or those foundations, are breeding grounds for incipient politicians. Look at the maky-up of some of those groups - committeemen, etc. And they do nothing constructive. But it looks good on a resume.

can anyone translate what right view is saying? it is not only illogical, ethnocentric, but incomprehensible.
    It was a stream of conscoiusness...but since you feel the need for to analyze my late night stream of conscoius, here is the break down of what I had typed.

I was making refernce to the point that you HP believe that BW will be a full time supervisor. That he will be there 40+ a week.
    I was was respondinmg to the fact he will not be a full time supervisor(neither in quality of hours nor in quantity of hours).
    My proof for the lack of quality/quantity stems from a resolution that he wanted to have pass(or it did pass) to limit the amount of time the public could speak during suspension of rules. This shows he is of the mind not to listen to Amherst's residents. I believe he also had a resolution to limit the time of the town board meetings( by time, I mean its start and end time).
    The very last sentence was that you are in favor of reducing the town board(as BW is in favor of it). I was stating the public has more of a voice with a larger number of people representing it. Since BW has alread been in favor of the publics time to speak during suspension of rules, you must be for it too. But you also want to public to be able to voice reducing the town board (eg. by referndem(sp)(thereby reducing it's voice...ie. representation=voice).

I hope that clears that up for you...and if you were aiming ethnocentric solely at me, I am as much as you are. We speak for others who share our views. So take a long look in the mirror, for you are also ethnocentric and do not try to aviod it.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by StudentObserver View Post
    Mohan, Schratz, Ward and Bucki have made Amherst the laughing stock of Erie County. They've lowered the standards for the elected positions that they hold. Hopefully, new people will get elected to these offices and restore dignity to them.
    Not as much as Grelick though, how do you think Mohan got in. Or even McGuire...the whole deer tangent he went on when he was ruunning for board his last time sure made for good humor on TV. BTW, I have relatives who want to know if the auctioneer, will be doing the mircomachines commercials any time soon. (Grelick was known for her motormouth during TB meetings for those who don't know).
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    The townsfolk lose no matter who is elected from the crop of candidates that has thus far emerged. The democratic candidates, thus far, seem to be drawn from a genetically pre-determined pool of anti-business retro-speak "Ward" drone automoton cliches. The republicans seem to hold the edge thus far in "free thinkers".

By the way, didn't Manna start out as a republican? Manna is now a seemingly cyborg Ward-speak drone, slowly losing his free-will, despite earlier and encouraging spurts of independent behavior.
    Define "free thinkers"....because usually "free thinkers" can be "me thinkers" and that's how we went from having a national surplus in into major legue deficiets(sp). I don't get the bee, can we get resumes posted on here. I'd like to see who I may be voting for. I used to think Richard Wojoticz(sp) was a free thinking republican, but the party distanced itself from him. Shelly Schratz was considered a free thinker too at one time. So was Bill Kindel(or is it Kindle) ....so it all depends on where you sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Surface Tension View Post
    I am more concerned about how effective BW would be as opposed to how many hours he would work.
    finally, I can agree with somebody on a point that I may not agree with on a more substantive level (i.e. his comments about BW).

as for the comment about BW's connection with a bank, what does a possible past affiliation with a bank has to do with whether he would be a good TS?
    Last edited by hate politics; April 13th, 2009 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightView View Post
    I hope that clears that up for you...and if you were aiming ethnocentric solely at me, I am as much as you are. We speak for others who share our views. So take a long look in the mirror, for you are also ethnocentric and do not try to aviod it.
    do you know that ethocentric means? and the reason I stated that you are centers on your disgusting comments about equating a jewish TS candidate to hitler. and if you are saying that I am then please provide examples.

do you know that ethocentric means? and the reason I stated that you are centers on your disgusting comments about equating a jewish TS candidate to hitler. and if you are saying that I am then please provide examples.
    I thought you said you were done, but apparently not. Person of your word you are not.

I could not but I can provide misogynist comments made by you. I find it because used a dictator's name(that was a poor choice but the only one that came to mind at the wee hours of the morning), not that it excuses it but does not make me ethnocentric but in your case your misogynist comments show that if you are capable of one type of thought, you are capable of other disturbing lines of thought.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information