Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks Like A Bad Year For Amherst Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    this very petty and so typical WNY -- no wonder why people want to downsize local government -- so we have two less idiots raising dumb issues like this one.

if i must here it is - it doesn't matter the number of hours a person puts into the job but rather how effectively he/she does the job. If that was the criteria then Mohan who spents 70 hours a week at Town Hall would be considered an amazing TS. but he stinks. so very sad and transparent as to the motivation. Dan Ward continued his law practice as did Grelick as did Tom A. and I don't recall anyone making it an issue because it wasn't or shouldn't have been.

Amazingly, one week after BW decides to officially run, this "issue" is brought up. are you kidding?

And the resolution was drafted in a way that the TS would have to be at town hall 8 hours a day monday through friday -- in this day and age, (myself included), I do work at home and on the road almost as much as I do at the plant. it doesn't matter if somebody works on issues at 2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon -- all that matters is that it got done and done well.

you want to take issue with BW's platform -- feel free. But this issue is laughable if anyone, and I mean anyone wants to make this an issue then BW will win in a landslide.
    So you're another one who lowers himself/herself to a name calling level. Well... if it makes you feel like a better person knock yourself out.

Amherst is the largest Town in Erie County and YOU think it is perfectly ok for a Town Suprevisor to drastically reduce his availablity to Town residents? Work from home is one thing. Doing another job is quite another. How can you possibly think that he will be so effective doing either job on such a reduced amount of hours. You must be new to this area if you think this. Just wait til you have more time in the Town to render such a thought.

IMO, this will be a MAJOR issue that is against him. As you know how he took Mohan to task regarding the resolution. Well.. this is why. Anyone who thinks that this job can be done on a part time is sadly mistaken and knows that this position is one that requires undivided attention. So try again!
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

this is idiotic, do-nothing "gotcha" politics -- essentially it is a character assassination over nothing -- this is the Amherst version of Reverend Wright only it is the dems who are ironically raising this issue ... like the republicans on the national scale, I guess when you have nothing else to say about the issues -- attack the person -- awesome.

I love the gross misrepresentations as well : "drasticaly reduce" "he is only going to work part-time" ... so so stupid and completely untrue.

i will try to interject some reason YET AGAIN: the job supervisor is already defined in local law as a full time job which means he or anyone will have to spend 35 hours a week working on it. he will have to do that in order to take the position so the resolution, like most resolutions recently was meaningless. TRANSLATION FOR THOSE WHO MAY NOT PICK IT UP THAT FAST -- HE WILL NOT BE WORKING THE JOB PART-TIME!!!!!! Maybe Mohan and Ward should have consulted with the TOWN ATTORNEY who tried to advise them that it was stupid.

you want to make THIS issue a real one -- feel free but the amherst residents, like those voting in the national election, will get tuned out and realize what it is -- stupid politics. Mohan is the perfect example of someone spending 70 hours a week at the job but STINKS. It is not the number of hours at town hall but the quality of the work being done.

this isn't going to be a big deal at all but go ahead. just another distraction.

I guess I don't why I try to bring some logic to issues when people clearly just reject it ...
    Last edited by hate politics; April 9th, 2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    this is idiotic, do-nothing "gotcha" politics --

I love the gross misrepresentations as well : "drasticaly reduce" "he is only going to work part-time" ... so so stupid and completely untrue.

I guess I don't why I try to bring some logic to issues when people clearly just reject it ...
    And YOU'RE the intelligent one??? You have managed to hijack other threads to the point that I don't bother reading them anymore. You're quite a reactionist. Your way or the highway, huh? You'd make your point more effectively without classifying "stupid, idiotic, etc." when you disagree.

it is a pointless issue because the town law already defined the role as full-time and having to work 35 hours a week. so tell me what the issue is? at minimum, it was procedurally improper because he should have looked to amendthe local law to define full-time as 40 hours a week not 35 hours a week but I am sure all the town employees would be upset with that one because then they would have had to work more (let alone be subject to litigation over the collective bargaining agreements).

perhaps Mohan should have consulted with the TOWN ATTORNEY before making a meaningless but highly political resolution.

if you call trying to secure facts, offering up logical arguments and dismissing irrational rants and pointing out misrepresentations each time I see them as hijacking, then I do hijack threads. thank you.

please, at least acknowledge that RESOLUTION was put forth due to politicals - plain and simple. c'mon - I mean that is only reason why Ward didn't have the guts to do it himself.

that is why I respond because you are all trying to hide the ball on this one -- that this was a political stunt -- plain and simple.

and i am sorry if people take offense to me pointing out when people mask irrational and opinionated rants as facts (i.e he will be working it part-time, or that he would drastically reduce the number of hours worked).

get the facts and then come back to me. good day.
    Last edited by hate politics; April 9th, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Maybe once BW gets his Metro government, he thinks being supervisor of Amherst will only take him a few hours a week.

Waterford Bank?

What was Weinstein's connection to Waterford Bank? Someone at the last TB meeting yelled out BW should make a statement of his position on this. BW seemed to perk up when the guy yelled it out. Actually he seemed to be having a really tough night. Does anyone know more about this?

are you serious with this? throwing out unfounded associatons?

Well...it appears that you think we are in support of Mhans resolution to make the TS position a 40/week position. I can say for me, that's not an issue. If you really read what's going on, people are concerned about BW stating that he will not be in town hall for 1.5 days each week along with evening hours tied up. He says he will be seeing his patients two (2) mornings and one (1) afternoon each week along with night time hours. Now... be serious, if you can...how can you honestly say that he can be effective in either job when he won't be fully applying himself for the business at hand.

Sure the law says it is a full time position and he is clearly thumbing his nose at it.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

It's a full time job with full time pay. If he only wants to work part time, then he needs to take a part time salary.

Quote Originally Posted by nomomo View Post
    it's a full time job with full time pay. If he only wants to work part time, then he needs to take a part time salary.
    with no bennis!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Add It Up View Post
    What was Weinstein's connection to Waterford Bank? Someone at the last TB meeting yelled out BW should make a statement of his position on this. BW seemed to perk up when the guy yelled it out. Actually he seemed to be having a really tough night. Does anyone know more about this?

Yes, Weinstein was (is?) on the Board of Waterford Bank. This is not an unfounded rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Reading the Bee, Barry Weinstein will continue with his medical practice going. He will have hours 2 mornings and 1 afternoon for his patients. So if he has hours on Tuesday morning, Wednesday afternoon and again on Thursday morning, along with some evening hours, that might just leave Monday and Friday full days to address resident concerns. No wonder he was vehamently opposed to Docs resolution for an 8 hr a day position. Didn't Mr. Ward close his law business while he was TS?
    According to HP, that won't be the case....however I do not think he will be willing to listen to the residents because I believe he was behind the resolution to limit the public's right to speak..........................at the town board meetings. But I think HP is all for limiting the publics right to speak unless it's for their right to limit the right to representation(which is one way that the public does speak).
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

I believe the Rep. hands were tied with this endorsement. BW has name recognition, the almighty $$$ to run a campaign and truthfully there was an extreme lack of interest in any of the TB positions. Makes you wonder.

can anyone translate what right view is saying? it is not only illogical, ethnocentric, but incomprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by left wing View Post
    Yes, Weinstein was (is?) on the Board of Waterford Bank. This is not an unfounded rumor.
    even if true, so what? I am on many boards and I still have a full time job. what is your point?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information