Thread: Larry Hunter Vs Jane Woodward

Larry Hunter Vs Jane Woodward

I watched a few minutes of the Town Board meeting over the weekend. I saw a resident and volunteer (Larry Hunter) rip Jane Woodward a new one.

Bravo, Larry. Thanks!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What was the ripping attributed to?

Here's how I understood Hunter's comments...

I guess Hunter was a voluteer on some committee that Woodward chaired. Hunter's reappointment was pending. Hunter claims that Woodward would not reappoint Hunter, and instead appointed some political big shot that could/would benefit Woodward's re-election activities.

There were also a lot of pretty harsh statements that Hunter made that (IMO) didn't make the presentation exceptionally professional. But the substance sounded plausible.

Woodward did not do much to defend herself... other than to say that Hunter made statements that were half truths and mis-statements. She gave no detailed defense to Hunter's specifics.

I don't have the benefit of a lot of inside gossip. I'm just a guy watching from my living room. Based solely on what I saw, I would believe that Woodward pulled a fast one. That's all I can say.

ASSUMPTION

anselmo1
    On November 9th, Jane Woodward will be making pancakes in her kitchen with Vermont maple syrup and wonder why she lost her election. (Most likely microwave pancakes as Jane probably has never cooked a meal in her life).

Jane is a poltical animal and will probably get appointed to the Erie County Water Authority after the election. Nice patronage job for helping all the developers in Amherst. "You developer, Me Jane"!

It happened to be the Traffic and Safety Committee

Originally posted by Usually Right
    ASSUMPTION
    Wrong. He made an OBSERVATION.

Timing is everything

I was at the town board meeting when Larry Hunter made his "speech". His presentation of a mileage bill to the board was blatant theatrics. He said he had been driving around the town looking for safety hazards. Who gave him that assignment? Is it normal for committeemembers to receive mileage for their volunteer work? I wondered why something that supposedly happened last Jan should suddenly become an issue with Mr Hunter. What does this delayed reaction(about 10 mos.) have to say about Mr Hunter'timing. I would be shocked absolutely shocked if this had something to do with the election. Then I found out Mr Hunter works for WBEN. That speaks volumes to his motive. Nice try for publicity. Your radio station still sucks!
    dono

I understand that there is more to this man's background than what is perceived. Granted his replacement on this committee is suspect, the overall intent may have been justified.

Re: Timing is everything

Originally posted by Dvoakley
    I was at the town board meeting when Larry Hunter made his "speech". His presentation of a mileage bill to the board was blatant theatrics. He said he had been driving around the town looking for safety hazards. Who gave him that assignment? Is it normal for committeemembers to receive mileage for their volunteer work? I wondered why something that supposedly happened last Jan should suddenly become an issue with Mr Hunter. What does this delayed reaction(about 10 mos.) have to say about Mr Hunter'timing. I would be shocked absolutely shocked if this had something to do with the election. Then I found out Mr Hunter works for WBEN. That speaks volumes to his motive. Nice try for publicity. Your radio station still sucks!
    About Hunter driving around... As I understood Hunter's comments he was "researching" situations that were to be on an upcoming agenda of the committee he was on. Hunter claims that Woodward had already decided not to reappoint him... which would have made his research activities unnecessary. Hunter claims that Woodward did not inform him of her decision. So, therefore, Woodward was responsible for his wasted energy.

I wonder about the timing delay too.

And, yes, I know he's a fill in talk show host for 'ben. He also owns the Buffalo Beach House. But, I cannot really say that I saw anything in his presentation that would suggest that either of those activities played a part in his trashing of Woodward.

anselmo1
    Hunter 1 Woodward 0

Finally the voters have spoken!

Thread Information